iOS: Currency, Purchasing & Platform Changes

(Silvanoshi) #1

Hello one and all!

Do you smell that? Have a quick sniff, that’s the smell of change in the air. Over the last few months a small team of hand-picked Tapirs have been busily tapping away on keyboards while consuming copious amounts of coffee. There’s nothing better than an excess of caffeine to fuel creativity!

It has been a while since we last released an update for RAD Soldiers, but we have a brand new one on the way for RAD Soldiers on iOS! We’ll tell you more about the features contained within that release at a later date, but before then, we’ve got some important info to share with you:

[ul]
[li]RAD Bux[/li][li]Store Overhaul[/li][li]iOS 7 Support[/li][/ul]
RAD Bux will be no more
That’s right, in order to make everything easier to understand, we’ll be converting all RAD Bux in the game to Coins (with a bonus 15%* applied to the conversion process thanks to the friendly Tapirs :)). With RAD Bux gone, Coins will allow you to purchase everything in the game!

Store Overhaul
Alongside the currency conversion, we’ll be updating how the store will actually operate. While we’ll have more details for you available at a later date, we want to let you know that the overhaul will mean that it won’t be possible to pick up Mercs and gear directly. Please bear that in mind should you choose to purchase RAD Bux going forward. That might sound scary, but it’s not too bad, we’ll have more info for you soon :).

iOS 7 Support
As part of RAD Soldiers’ forthcoming update, iOS 7 will be required to play the game.

FAQ
When will this update be released?
We’re currently working to crush a few remaining bugs. Once that’s done, we’ll submit the update to Apple who will put it through its paces. All in all, there are a number of factors in play that make setting a strict launch date difficult, if not impossible. We’ll be sure to let you know how things are going as we close in on releasing the update though.

What will happen to my RAD Bux?
It’s all rather straightforward really, your RAD Bux will be converted to Coins. To make sure that the conversion process is as pain-free as possible, we’ll give you a bonus 15%* during the RAD Bux conversion process. Enjoy!

What about the items in RAD Soldiers that were only available for RAD Bux?
Any and all RAD Bux prices will be removed and replaced with a new Coin price instead.

Will I still be able to purchase RAD Bux from the store?
No, we’ll be removing the option to purchase RAD Bux from the game.

Will I lose any of my progress, or anything that I have previously purchased?
Nope! You’ll keep everything that you’ve earned to date, bar your RAD Bux which will be converted to Coins with a 15%* bonus to the exchange rate.

What happens if I don’t have iOS 7?
You will not receive the update. You will continue to be able to play RAD Soldiers’ single player mode. Unfortunately multiplayer will not function, and you will not be able to purchase RAD Bux from the store.

Make sure to keep your eyes glued to the WarChest Facebook and Twitter channels for more information about RAD Soldiers in the not too distant future!

*Given the nature of rounding numbers, there might be a minor variance in bonus %, but we’ll endeavour to get it as close to 15% as possible.

(jaic) #2

Quick question, as i was jus about to purchase $20 worth of bux…

So when the update comes will the price/rates of the expansion and weapons, etc. will change as well?

I dont wanna spend $20 now, and findout after the update that all the items/expansion that i bought for $20 will then cost less than $20.

Simply put, should i wait for an update then make purchase or can i go ahead and do it now?

(Silvanoshi) #3

[QUOTE=jaic;511428]Quick question, as i was jus about to purchase $20 worth of bux…

So when the update comes will the price/rates of the expansion and weapons, etc. will change as well?

I dont wanna spend $20 now, and findout after the update that all the items/expansion that i bought for $20 will then cost less than $20.

Simply put, should i wait for an update then make purchase or can i go ahead and do it now?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jaic,

Good question. The price of expansions will remain the same. The method by which you purchase Mercs and gears is going to change however, which means picking them up will be an entirely different experience. As mentioned above, you won’t be able to pick up Mercs and gear directly in the traditional sense. I can’t really go into too much detail about that right now, but we will look to talk more about that as we close in on the update; you may want to wait until then to make your decision :).

(NatuXatu) #4

I was hoping for actual content, but I guess this is cool? Honestly, this game should have been premium from the beginning.

(Nail) #5

RAD Soldiers
16 minutes ago
We are so super freaking excited about the #RADSoldiers game update that we’ll be leaving a trail of update morsels all around this very Facebook page all week. Keep your ears to the ground Soldiers!

(Silvanoshi) #6

RAD Bux are being removed as we speak. Any and all RAD Bux are being converted to Coins, with a 15% bonus. If you have any questions please feel to fire them our way!

(Jason110) #7

What about chrome-players,master?

(MrFalsoGlabro) #8

They’ll take it straight up in the ass, friend. in particular players who spent money just cause of multiplayer, like me.
they don’t even try to answer. from WEEKS. Not even a word. it seems to hear an echo: "Thanks for the money, bro! that’s life :smiley: "

thanks to all developers cause i really enjoyed the game, but this feel like a silly troll. Like they just dont care about customers. Repeat I loved this game but if this is treatment for players i’m glad i’m out of it

(Nail) #9

Chrome no longer supports Unity engine, what would you like SD to do, beat up Google ?

lotta butthurt for a free game