Instead of CMM why not apply the CMM logic to a force shuffle if teams are unbalanced?

(john_howard) #1

As above.

Often in Australia and Asia casual match making takes as long to get into a game as competitive. A better way would be to make sure shuffle is a proper shuffle based on balanced teams. If the logic can be applied to matchmaking then surely it can be applied to shuffling?

This is actually really interesting, but I can’t confirm or deny whether or not the current shuffle function is completely random or quickly averages based on score. I’m thinking the latter but I honestly don’t remember or pay any attention to it. If they were to implement a more thorough algorithm like they do with ranked, it’d be cool to have some sort of visual overlay of the scoreboard and shuffling while it does its thing. Not a bad idea at all.

Edit: Oh, you said FORCED shuffle. Yeah, big no from me on that one but I think a rehaul to the shuffling couldn’t hurt. It’s hit or miss with the way it works now so I rarely call for one unless a team is being stomped in spawn.

(bushyg) #3

???

Australia and Asia don’t have CMM?

(Chezky) #4

There is no cmm in Asia or Australia

(Melinder) #5

@bushyg said:
???

Australia and Asia don’t have CMM?

@Chezky said:
There is no cmm in Asia or Australia

(john_howard) #6

Eh - I was just going on what the screen shows me. Nevertheless forced or not it would be useful to have a better way to do both the initial shuffle at the start of the round as well as the shuffle when a vote passes. At the moment its rubbish.

(Press E) #7

CMM isn’t exactly great in terms of matchmaking either though. I’ve had a lot of matches that I would have gladly spammed a shuffle vote if I were allowed to.

Using matchmaking to shuffle? Sure, but only after SD gets actually its shit together and figures out how to make matchmaking more balanced than quickjoin was.

(bushyg) #8

@john_howard said:
Eh - I was just going on what the screen shows me. Nevertheless forced or not it would be useful to have a better way to do both the initial shuffle at the start of the round as well as the shuffle when a vote passes. At the moment its rubbish.

It says quick join on the screen after you click it. CMM doesn’t even have a shuffle feature at all, not at the start of the game or ingame.

(GatoCommodore) #9

-Asia and Aus dont have CMM

and i hope it stays that way forever

(Sithas) #10

@GatoCommodore said:
-Asia and Aus dont have CMM

and i hope it stays that way forever

We have reached that sad part, that many people actually hope that dirty bomb never becomes popular in russia, asia and australia. Because the moment it gets popular we will have cmm forced down our throats.
Hoping a game wont be popular while you like that game feels odd