I had just read all the lore again it took about 10min with a break to drink coffe.

(TheManBehindTheMask) #1

What am I saying make more off it. Also why are there still only two comics. Make a comic series for 1.0 and add backstories back into the game so I don t have to hunting the wikis for lore.

(Xenithos) #2

Look, all you need to know is that every character in DB is likely retarded in some way. The most important background to know is that these players are going into a city that was literally nuked by a dirty bomb, and they think it’s either great to be paid for work that shortens their life span exponentially, or they think they’re somehow helping some cause that they really aren’t. In OW half the characters are near invincible, in DB the freaking intro video shows like 4 dying and staying dead.

Easy example of the retardedness: Nader is a lesbian ex lawyer that left her wife to be “the best she could be” by doing the contract mercenary work she’s doing now, when she used to make great freaking money being a business consultant. If she wanted to be the best she could be she could literally reach many more people and help many more people through her job that she LEFT, but no, she’d rather literally walk into battle with the option of self-sacrificing herself.

Need more examples?
Skyhammer was dishonorably discharged despite being in the QUEENS royal units, because he fudged up an Airstrike…
Sawbonez is called Sawbonez for a reason.
No one knows who Arty is, but for some reason he shares almost every taunt in the game with Sawbonez, and they’re okay with that.
Aimee threatens to turn people’s dead bodies into jewelry that she’ll wear, and has killed people because of them making her eat food that would make her fat (if her taunt is to be taken literally)… her ex boss whom she loved dearly also wanted to have her killed, and instead of being happy she’s alive after Proxy hit the wrong target she’s still pouty and more kind of like whatever ghosting through life now…
Stoker always wears a BROKEN circulation mask (yes… one of the filters is broken…) like… why? Is this Deadpoolesque?
Rhino refuses to wear the helmet for his mega body armor, which is likely THE most important thing, and would probably stop his biggest weakness apart from Javelins which is snipers. He’s also very particular about his Champagne. Also, why is a scholar obsessed with miniguns AND personal fitness? This guy could be a freaking president or something.
Sparks has more identities than the authorities can count, including a traffic cop named Jeff if I remember correctly… she also owns a stolen super prototype that happens to be trending lately between Aura her and Kira… you would think somebody would be able to hunt her down and figure out who she is because of what she owns, but no, apparently she’s a great thief, a terrible fighter, and likes to raise people from the dead, AND KNOWS BIBLE SCRIPTURES, LIKE WTF?
Thunder is a fake Russian for literally no reason.
Also, Jackal knows bible stuff too, noah action on Underground, I think there are a few more throughout as well.
Javelin makes zero sense, don’t get me started.

Name a character, they’re likely retarded or don’t make sense in some way, and I’ll explain.

(TheManBehindTheMask) #3

Phantom, Turtle and Vassili.

(GatoCommodore) #4

Skyhammer was dishonorably discharged despite being in the QUEENS royal units, because
he fudged up an Airstrike…

makes sense, i saw a lot of skyhammer throwing marker outside spawn and walk into it

and kira is cold war relic treasure hunter i think

(Teflon Love) #5

@Xenithos said:
Skyhammer was dishonorably discharged despite being in the QUEENS royal units, because he fudged up an Airstrike…

Though we all know this is just a cover story. In reality he was dishonorably discharged for refusing to drop ammo for his team mates.

(Press E) #6

The devs have mentioned they want to make more lore for DB. But well, drawing up a comic takes a lot of time. People are already complaining about the lack of in-game content, so diverting their resources to something that doesn’t really improve gameplay won’t really help.

It’s not like lore is really much of a selling point for PVP games anyways, so you can hardly blame SD for not prioritizing it

(kopyright) #7

@Xenithos said:
Easy example of the retardedness: Nader is a lesbian ex lawyer that left her wife to be “the best she could be” by doing the contract mercenary work she’s doing now, when she used to make great freaking money being a business consultant. If she wanted to be the best she could be she could literally reach many more people and help many more people through her job that she LEFT, but no, she’d rather literally walk into battle with the option of self-sacrificing herself.

How’s shooting explosive nades at people’s faces not better than lawyer work?

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #8

@STARRYSOCK said:
The devs have mentioned they want to make more lore for DB. But well, drawing up a comic takes a lot of time. People are already complaining about the lack of in-game content, so diverting their resources to something that doesn’t really improve gameplay won’t really help.

It’s not like lore is really much of a selling point for PVP games anyways, so you can hardly blame SD for not prioritizing it

How much resources would it take to hire a writer and an artist and tell them “Make this story.”?

(BlackboltLW) #9

@kopyright said:

@Xenithos said:

How’s shooting explosive nades at people’s faces not better than lawyer work?

Also a bit of reminder: before being a lawyer, Nader is an active soldier.

(Xenithos) #10

@ReXenderTzAr said:
Phantom, Turtle and Vassili.

Man, I’m so sorry for not seeing that, shoulda tagged me or something:

Phantom - ANOTHER merc that just so happens to be able to steal whatever the fudge he’s testing. He did it out of revenge, got pissed off at the boss, snuck out, stabbed him, and never looked back. Like… can you imagine being such a messed up person that your boss ticks you off so you kill him and take his business? Phantom’s living like it’s the dark ages.

Turtle is an engineer capable of creating perfect prosthetic limb equipment, and EYES, and installing them, etc. Who kinda sorta has/d a drug problem that PHOENIX of all people at minimum knows about and seems to be an accountability partner for that’s really bad. Who instead of allowing Turtle to continue doing whatever moping around he does at night, invites him to make some serious money to continue feeding his drug addiction literally working for a terrorist group. Really, his story is nowhere near as bad as everyone else, but it puts some thinking on the map knowing that his connection with Phoenix is fixing Phoenix up a new leg because Phoenix took off his own leg because he didn’t like his tattoo… A strange friend to have as a partner that knows about your drug use.

Vassili? Oh gosh, this one’s easy, he was a sniper wannabe that couldn’t take out a member of his own family and then became a very wanted man by his organization, and instead of hiding low and disappearing, he goes to freaking London where all the sniper wannabes are and KEEPS the name of Vassili as his callsign, which is a homage to a REAL good sniper. He sucks. Okay, but actually among all the people on the list, Vassili’s story is probably one of the few really good ones that make more sense and fit.