Hunter Arrow Spread

(Cordyceps) #1

I think one of the main reasons some people think that hunter is too powerful can attributed to his crossbow’s arrow spread when unscoped. The crossbow is essentially a (more difficult to use because of travel time) sniper rifle. Most of the sniper rifles in the game have a HUGE bullet spread when unscoped that makes it borderline impossible to hit anyone, even at close ranged, when unscoped. Meanwhile, the crossbow’s unscoped spread is still very accurate, making it spamable when an enemy gets too close to you. I think that increasing the unscoped arrow spread at least a little bit would keep it from being spamable at close ranges.

(GatoCommodore) #2

@Cordyceps said:
I think one of the main reasons some people think that hunter is too powerful can attributed to his crossbow’s arrow spread when unscoped. The crossbow is essentially a (more difficult to use because of travel time) sniper rifle. Most of the sniper rifles in the game have a HUGE bullet spread when unscoped that makes it borderline impossible to hit anyone, even at close ranged, when unscoped. Meanwhile, the crossbow’s unscoped spread is still very accurate, making it spamable when an enemy gets too close to you. I think that increasing the unscoped arrow spread at least a little bit would keep it from being spamable at close ranges.

i think at least it needs somewhat similar spread like dreiss when spammed
and dreiss spread needs to be reverted.

(HadronZodiac) #3

I dont really agree, as he is hella succestable to damage, and if you’re relying on crossbow at short range your not playing him right (aka even WORSE at close range). His crossbow can’t charge while unscoped and therefore can’t really deliver damage as well. It has low spread so you can actually hit those low damage bolts, however with sniper rifles a bullet is a bullet, and being 1 shotted by a close range sniper rifle would just be BS.

(GatoCommodore) #4

@HadronZodiac said:
I dont really agree, as he is hella succestable to damage, and if you’re relying on crossbow at short range your not playing him right (aka even WORSE at close range). His crossbow can’t charge while unscoped and therefore can’t really deliver damage as well. It has low spread so you can actually hit those low damage bolts, however with sniper rifles a bullet is a bullet, and being 1 shotted by a close range sniper rifle would just be BS.

but sniping at close range is what the pro sniper in the game is all about

(HadronZodiac) #5

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

Medium range. not close range.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

no, super close range.

(HadronZodiac) #7

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

no, super close range.

Yeah, its called a melee weapon

(GatoCommodore) #8

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

no, super close range.

Melee weapon dont deal 179 damage

(HadronZodiac) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

no, super close range.

You dont need 179 damage to kill a thunder or lower

(GatoCommodore) #10

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

no, super close range.

You dont need 179 damage to kill a thunder or lower

you need 179 to instagib wounded enemies