How to unlock vehicle framerate

(light_sh4v0r) #21

[QUOTE=Rex;408634] There is a huge difference between 120 and 450fps.
[/QUOTE]

I must be blind, but the refresh rate of modern monitors doesn’t exceed 120 fps so I call billshut on the above.

(Dthy) #22

[QUOTE=Rex;408622]As you got a fast PC you should really play with timingMethod “0” to unlock max fps rates.
What could help maybe: seta com_videoRam “1536” (write instead of “1536” the video ram of your graphics card)

timingMethod should actually fix your problem. You should get around 400-450 frames and even if it drops it will go down to 180-250 perhaps.
If the problem still remains online, test it first offline against bots.[/QUOTE]

Did not know about this… (facedesks) My fps went from 400+ to 600+ :smiley: Just need to get home so I can play online with actual people! The videoRam part that is.

(murka) #23

I conducted blind tests on 2 mates and they noticed 90 vs 60 fps on a 60hz monitor. 120 vs 60 was slightly less statistically proven, but they noticed the improvement most of the time. I slightly doubt any higher will be noticeable

(.Chris.) #24

http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/32714-A-Algarism-Names-Sell Stones and glass houses come to mind.

(.N.E.R.D.) #25

Well played Sir

(Rex) #26

Sorry light_sh4v0r but this made me smile. Futhermore you also earned this smiley: :rolleyes: (only for your “billshut” :tongue:)
What has Hz to do with fps rates?
It is like saying “the human eye can only see 24fps, so every fps rate above that value is nonsense anyway”.
A 120Hz monitor is just an additional factor which improves your gaming experience. But there is still the difference between lower and higher fps rates leading to a more or less smoother gameplay. Do yourself a favour and play with 30fps and then switch back to 120fps. If you still don’t notice a difference you are the luckiest persons here. You will never need to buy a new PC anymore, because low fps rates are smooth enough for you :smiley:
I also got the feeling you never tried higher fps rates. I don’t know your PC specs, if you are even able to set them higher, but how can you say if you never tried?

It is all about getting used to it. I am also a person how sticks to the same habits and I also played a long time with locked 120fps. When I tried to unlock it, I just said to myself: “Feels somehow strange”, but never: “doesn’t feel that smooth”. After a while I got used to it and will never switch back again. Because it makes absolutely no sense at all! (That was also a stupid habit I had to fix in my past…)
The only excuse might be a slow PC.

Do you mean Hz or fps?

(Humate) #27

I only notice a difference b/w 60 - 120. If that fluctuates I cant hit ****.
Steady 60fps feels turd… but steady 120 is fine.
Dips from 450 to 200 dont do anything. All on a 60hz monitor.

(murka) #28

indeed. It does not matter that a monitor is 60hz or not. Increase in fps will be noticed.

(Donnovan) #29

(Breo) #30

Wrong thread? You should play minecraft :smiley:

(Runeforce) #31

What’s the point (in unlocking your framerate and to try and archieve a maximum possible framerate,) when your monitor can’t display more than 60 fps? (and the game only runs at 30 anyway.) Seems like a waste of electricity and GPU power…and in the end releasing more CO2 in the athmosphere…for no gain!

(Rex) #32

Ohh dear… :rolleyes: We got a wonderful thread about exactly this topic in a german hardware forum. Where the writers of a hardware magazine explained what I try to make reasonable. Maybe I should translate it, when I got time.

But so far I can only say, have fun with your 30fps! :smiley:

(Runeforce) #33

Have fun with your rising water levels…oh yeah, that’s not your responsibility, I forgot!

(Rex) #34

You forgot the dying polar bears.

(Runeforce) #35

You are right about that. But I think I made the point!
Feel free to add further to the list (and to increase your FPS for a greater e-penis, at the cost of the polar bears. :slight_smile: )

(Rex) #36

Lackersforce I think you just understood the whole thread wrong. It is not about enlarging my e-penis. I even never mentioned how many fps I get.
So how can I increase my e-penis by only trying to help people here to improve their gaming experience?

Don’t forget this topic was about helping opt_fr and not discussing about dying earth…

(Runeforce) #37

No, you misunderstood me. It was never meant personal, nor targeted specifically at you. It was just a general comment about the insanity in hunting for the max FPS.

I just thought it was something worth to consider. Because if the earth dies, it means no more gaming :slight_smile:

(Rex) #38

That’s a gamers instinct :cool:

(Donnovan) #39

(murka) #40

Ran some tests yesterday. Vehicle movement does indeed update at 30hz. I found surprising that mouse movement in vehicles is also locked to 30hz.