How to Report Game Stalls/Stuttering

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

If you’re having framerate issues, please check your specifications against our ‘Minimum’ and ‘Recommended’ specifications on our Steam store page here http://store.steampowered.com/app/333930/. If you fall below these, you will have performance issues. If you meet these requirements it could be you don’t have the correct video settings in-game. If you already meet these specifications and want a higher framerate, you can try the following to improve performance of your machine in general:

[list][*] Change in-game settings

[list][] Set the Video options to the ‘Minimal’ preset
[
] Lower the resolution[/list]
[] Ensure that your video drivers up to date
[
] Clean up space on your harddrive

[list][] Disable or remove unwanted programs
[
] Clean your system registry
[] Defragment your hard drive[/list]
[
] Set Windows to ‘Best performance’
[] Set Windows Power Mode to ‘High performance’
[
] Keep your PC/Laptop well ventilated to prevent overheating[/list]

Once you have tried all of the above solutions please contact our CS team. You can create a CS Ticket here: https://dirtybombsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
shoe.

(Dawnlazy) #2

Sent an e-mail with as many details as I could think of, thanks.

(doxjq) #3

Me and my mate Lorien have both been getting stops and stutters since the second squash update. Occasionally the game just freezes for a split second and throughout almost all games there seems to be an abnormal amount of stuttering.

I thought it was just me until I heard a few others including my mate Lorien saying the same thing.

(MarsRover) #4

[quote=“Dox;204456”]Me and my mate Lorien have both been getting stops and stutters since the second squash update. Occasionally the game just freezes for a split second and throughout almost all games there seems to be an abnormal amount of stuttering.

I thought it was just me until I heard a few others including my mate Lorien saying the same thing. [/quote]

Same here. I don’t envy SD developers that have to deal with these issues, with constant GPU driver updates, OS updates etc.

(Nibbles02) #5

Yeah I’ve been getting the problem consistently and I started a support ticket, but it doesn’t seem like SD largely knows why the last patch caused hitching for some players.

[quote=“MarsRover;204466”][quote=“Dox;204456”]Me and my mate Lorien have both been getting stops and stutters since the second squash update. Occasionally the game just freezes for a split second and throughout almost all games there seems to be an abnormal amount of stuttering.

I thought it was just me until I heard a few others including my mate Lorien saying the same thing. [/quote]

Same here. I don’t envy SD developers that have to deal with these issues, with constant GPU driver updates, OS updates etc.[/quote]

The problem isn’t just that, it’s that they can’t possibly ever test every hardware setup and configuration with UE3, so while it may run perfectly fine with one setup, it may stutter, crash, and generally perform poorly on another. An update might run fine on a specific system and ruin the performance of another.

(SiegeFace) #6

I will give this a go later on, I am getting some frequent and maybe reproducible slow downs on Bridge, but only in stopwatch.

(opicr0n) #7

Since last update I found to experience stalls every now and then too :/.

Luckily they are very infrequent.

(Nibbles02) #8

Does the stuttering also stop for you guys when you get downed? It’ll get especially bad when I’m firing at someone but as soon as I get killed it goes back to 60 FPS.

(rhythmGecko) #9

My game has constantly been stuttering and its not due to my computer because this only happened after the second squash update. It could be my wifi Im stilling looking into it

(doxjq) #10

Yeah exactly mine and a few others problems aswell. Been happening since the second squad update.

(Chris Mullins) #11

Just updated the description! If you could take a look through and check that you submitted the correct file that would be awesome! Apologies for missing out the extra info in the OP.

(doxjq) #12

My game keeps vanishing. I used to get this like end of 2015/start of 2016 but haven’t had it in a while. Have had it maybe 4 times in the last two days.

It’s always in the menu when a game is about to start (usually half way through the final countdown), my game just vanishes. No error messages, no warnings, just straight to desktop like I never had it open.

(Nibbles02) #13

[quote=“Dox;205671”]My game keeps vanishing. I used to get this like end of 2015/start of 2016 but haven’t had it in a while. Have had it maybe 4 times in the last two days.

It’s always in the menu when a game is about to start (usually half way through the final countdown), my game just vanishes. No error messages, no warnings, just straight to desktop like I never had it open. [/quote]

That’s a CTD, and usually Dirty Bomb will paste an error log to your clipboard, so if you Ctrl+V that into a text document, you’ll be able to better report that when it happens.

(Brycko) #14

EDIT: Nevermind

(K1X455) #15

@Shoe nope. Not working… still stuttering as the game progresses (probably as objects/textures get dynamically loaded; but it makes me wonder, if the dynamic loading is also performing dynamic GC).

Specs:
Intel i7-6700K processor with G E N U I N E Intel Core Cooler (running on 4GHz factory clock speeds)
ATI Radeon RX 480 (dynamically ramps clock speed based on load)
32GB DDR4 RAM (bus clock matched with Intel processor, so it’s slightly overclocked and it’s very stable)

Baseline game reference used are: Gearbox/2K Borderlands 2

UPDATE: 11 Nov 2016
Some audio stuttering fixed, it was a UE3 misconfiguration from the last update, however it at over 30mins of gameplay, the same symptoms persist

(doxjq) #16

@ 27.22 is exactly the same problem I keep having as well.

(Brycko) #17

[quote=“Dox;209549”]https://www.twitch.tv/zorla_lau/v/96296776

@ 27.22 is exactly the same problem I keep having as well. [/quote]

Me too! It happened, like, 5 times per game for a while, then I updated my drivers and its down to about once per game. It’s not specific to DB for me, also happens in Overwatch. But they used to be REALLY BAD. Like 10 seconds of paralysis. Again, now its only like 2 seconds but it’s still worrying. I don’t think its a DB thing, but rather a hardware drivers thing.

(Mc1412013) #18

Couple times today and yesterday the g[right][/right]ame freezes then the last time i had an issue was today ans this time it locked up and couldnt close it. Tried task manager. Tried right clicking in task bar. Tried ending process tree via task manager. Nothing other than reboot fixed it. After reboot i ran bleach bit, ccleaner, did a boot time disk scan on all drives ran sfc /scannow, reseated my ram,verified steam cache . Since its on an ssd i didnt run defrag. But after all that it seems to be fine so far knock on wood

(sonsofaugust5) #19

i added a video in a different post, didnt see this one. Game stutters at 0:04