How to Report Game Crashes/Game Not Opening Issues

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

If you’re experiencing game crashes there are several steps that you can to resolve the issue yourself before contacting the Customer Service team:

[list][*] Ensure that the game meets the minimum specifications

[*] Verify the Game Cache within Steam

[*] Ensure that any Firewalls/Antivirus applications have exceptions for Dirty Bomb

[list][] ShooterGame-Win32-Shipping.exe
[
] DirtyBombLauncher.exe
[*] If you are running Bitdefender disable the “Scan SSL” feature

[] Restart the machine
[
] Take a read of the error message by expanding the “More Info” section, it may be a hardware/windows error not specific to the game

[list][] If you have modified any .ini files try deleting them from My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config
[
] These files will automatically re-generate when the game is launched
[*] Warning: Doing this will cause all graphics settings and key binds to revert to default

• Feel free to rename your existing .ini files to keep them as backups[/list][/list]

Once you have tried all of the above solutions please contact our CS team, they will need the following information:

[list][] Take a screenshot of any error messages displayed (Or upload a video and provide a link to it)
[
] Note down as much information around the issue

[list][] What was happening leading to the crash?
[
] How did the game terminate?

[list][] Instantly closed
[
] Became non-responsive
[] etc.[/list][/list]
[
] Attach a launch.log file, located here by default - %systemdrive%\Users%username%\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Logs

[list][] Sort the folder by ‘Date Created’ to identify the correct log file easily
[
] Attach any corresponding .dmp file in the same folder (If the Date Created matches the log file), .dmp files are not created for every type of crash so there may not be one[/list][/list]

You can create a CS Ticket here: https://dirtybombsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

(slapstickKnife) #2

if your game doesn’t load up from steam just reload steam

(neFAST) #3

I’m getting 2 or 3 crash every evening since the last 3 weeks. Game was really stable before. I’ve tried several things (memtest, nvidia driver update, game repair, game reinstall, disable antivirus, close all programs) without success.
I’ve posted here, on reddit, on the official forums . I even opened a ticket but got nothing more than a template answer.
What can I do to understand where the crash comes from and fix it?
I’m losing hundreds of Humbugs and I know I won’t be able to play a lot during the coming weeks so every humbug counts!

(yard1e) #4

Why don’t you implement an auto-send report, i believe many people won’t send the logs and only cry on forums to fix things, i mean the game crash, a window pops up asking if you want to send the report and voila, more logs to find bugs and fix them

(iGeeBee) #5

For me, the game wouldn’t launch any time I was running battle.net in the background. It just stalled on the launch, no splash screen or error reports. GG EAC.

(MR-PWNR-SS) #6

2 days ago I can play the game, after starting, easyanticheat popup appear, after nothing. In the task manager the game exe disappear after 10 sec. I start to play this game 3 months ago, but never got this issue ( or other type) before, same hardware, same firewall,router options, OP system. Please check!! I have only 2 days for collecting ranked points! :’(

That’s a common issue quite a couple of people experience.
Try to reboot your PC in safe mode and afterwards restart normally.

Here’s a guide for Windows 10 if you don’t know how:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If that doesn’t work follow the instructions of the first post in this thread.

Good luck! :slight_smile: