How To Report A Player

(Pyjama_Slam) #21

Are there any consequences of being falsely reported often? I often get some heat from the enemy team, and I often flick shoot. I take it as a compliment for now, but that security error kick thing got me worried abit.

(Ardez1) #22

I’m not sure how much of the process can be revealed, but as I am aware, GMs have the tools to sort the false reports from credible ones. Even if there are a lot of false ones.

Any kicks with the security error can be ignored, although they are painful and annoying. The message will say your account is suspended if you are actually banned.

(heartsickWaltz) #23

Reporting an hacker ?!
What a joke!!!
It’s your job to deal vs hackers and to give us a good anti cheat system, do you realize what is needed to do to comprove some1 is hacking?
Waste of time, waste of money, waste of resources, etc
Just improve the game code, and the anti cheat system, and it will be the best things !
REMEMBER WArrock ?! a VERY GOOD fps RUINED by hackers !

(Ardez1) #24

[quote=“heartsickWaltz;194439”]Reporting an hacker ?!
What a joke!!!
It’s your job to deal vs hackers and to give us a good anti cheat system, do you realize what is needed to do to comprove some1 is hacking?
Waste of time, waste of money, waste of resources, etc
Just improve the game code, and the anti cheat system, and it will be the best things !
REMEMBER WArrock ?! a VERY GOOD fps RUINED by hackers ![/quote]

If you had any inkling of how anti-cheat actually works you would understand the problem with your statement. There are several good articles out there about it. Reporting hackers helps Nexon detect what programs are being used to cheat. In that way they can blacklist specific programs in their anti-cheat to prevent other users from cheating. Without the initial reports it is much harder to automatically detect cheaters.

Privacy laws prevent anti-cheat systems from going into computers and just shutting people out of the game for cheating before it happens. Anti-cheat for ANY game will not be perfect because of these laws. The laws weren’t meant to prevent anti-cheat, but they have that effect.

(SnakekillerX) #25

Damn, its getting pretty bad out there. Seeing a lot of people with blatant aim bots, and shooting weapons faster than they are even meant to be shot.

I wonder if they have someone on staff who actively seeks out hacking software off the internet. I imagine it would a lot easier to stop if they had access to the hack in question.

Alas, I will continue to send reports for anyone I catch cheating.

Keep up the good work fellas.

(Orivar) #26

Hi,

Since the hotfix I saw 2 hackers in 3 days. In my entire 410 hours playing the game I saw less then 10 hackers. (that it is great).
2 hackers in 3 days means something bad is going on…

Please answer me so I can know somebody read my post and working on it…

(Ardez1) #27

Please follow the steps above to report the players using the in game reporting tool or through a ticket to Nexon Support.

None of the forum moderators have the access to ban these players in game.

(HHQQ) #28

EVERY DAY ,I do 10 games, we can play, MAYBE, one normally. the game is unbalanced and no anti-cheat is working in my own and my friends opinion.people come out from the corner while you run to them and they fu**in head-shot you, from nowhere!!!they don’t even aim.they also follow you as if they knew where you are!!! and if we report the cheater, what do you do to them?? cause I’m pretty sure people who received more than 5 reports not in just one game are still playing same way.Can you at least give us the opportunity to save a list of the ones we believe by ourselves they cheat?(updated at their current name of steam, cause they can change it) at least I avoid them by myself cause I don’t think this system works right now.nothing improved NOTHING.I’m pretty sure we will soon leave again, as we already did in the past.It’s a pity but when you play 90% of the game in stopwatch and you make everything perfect as a team and an obvious-cheater gets on the opposite team and makes them win with 30/1 kills… AAAAAAAA I give up… a game left to himself like this doesn’t deserve all my nerves.I tried different times to come back…I hope next time will improve for REAL not just the maps details

(Poldy040) #29

Yesterday evening I have experienced two so obvious cheater in an objective match on underground! :o One of them has played Fragger with a K-121 and EVERY shoot from him hits! He has massacred our complete team… :’( I have never suffer such an obvious cheat before and I have played RtCW:ET and QW:ET for several years!

I have of course reported both player with the ingame tool but nevertheless please fix such leakages in the NGS anticheat tool asap! Such fools can ruin the whole game! :frowning:

(Ardez1) #30

[quote=“Poldy;199604”]Yesterday evening I have experienced two so obvious cheater in an objective match on underground! :o One of them has played Fragger with a K-121 and EVERY shoot from him hits! He has massacred our complete team… :’( I have never suffer such an obvious cheat before and I have played RtCW:ET and QW:ET for several years!

I have of course reported both player with the ingame tool but nevertheless please fix such leakages in the NGS anticheat tool asap! Such fools can ruin the whole game! :frowning: [/quote]

NGS is always being updated as cheats are detected. :slight_smile: Thank you for helping keep the game clean!

(Kudrow) #31

I suggest that they add also reporting reason “Bad language/Insulting”. This is far more happening than you will see cheaters in server.

(LMuerteMan) #32

I would like to know what happens to people cought cheating. I have encountered people cheating and upon reporting them and afterwards viewing their steam account they have been banned before but the when the ban is lifted they can enter the game again and cheat again. Seen this twice only but makes me think that punishment is not
Strong enough.
What are the actual consequences to cheating. Also I would recommend a list of users that have been banned or confirmed cheaters that I could enter to see if my report has had any effect.

(Poldy040) #33

I have experienced another strange thing at the last weekend regarding of cheating players. In one game was an suspected player playing and again every shot hits. So let’s report him I thought, pressed tab, then right mouse button to have the cursor, moved the cursor to his name in the table, pressed the left mouse button to open the context menue with the report button and nothing happens! :o The context menue won’t open…!!! I have tried it at one of his mates and it works -> context menue opens. Back again to the name of the suspected player and again no context menue! So, is it possible to disable the context menue by using cheat software or e.g. in the config files?! In the end I couldn’t report him due to this not opening context menue… :confused:

(supergonzo) #34

I had this sometimes while i was spectating a player. After joined a team i could report the player.

(gamerhardest) #35

I’ll report these D1ck suckar

(chipperEmerald) #36

Just today I witnessed two players going by the name of DELETED who does have a VAC ban on record and within 23 days no less, and another by the name of Juicy Fruit, I couldn’t find his exact profile but both of them were using aim bot and no doubt a wall hack and if I had known about the ability to right click on names in game I would of reported them, but I didn’t need to as everyone else already did.

Something else I noticed, may be something, may be nothing, but when I called a vote to kick one of them the vote failed of course, but right after like a streak of lightening there was a vote to kick me, the hack software at work? Could be nothing.

Now one hacker is bad enough, but two? It’s gotten to the point that every time I turn around I run into a hacker, this really is getting out of hand.

It’s not looking good for Dirty Bomb guys, but I’ll start reporting confirmed hackers as I see them from now on thanks to this guide.

(poit187) #37

“Then it goes straight to us so we can review it!” meanwhile, 3+ weeks later and the hacker has nearly 100 hours of game time… he still isn’t banned… great job…

(K1X455) #38

Anti-social behaviour? Open to abuse though like votekicking someone who is not afk. There are also team tactics of server raiding by organised parties which is more serious than anti-social behaviour.

(Andrew102) #39

Get Easy Anti Cheat or Battle-Eye instead of Nexon Anti-Cheat because it is obviously not working because of the amount of cheaters I have seen in the game.

(K1X455) #40

This menu is bugged ever since the quick patch of the MOFO update.

When you press tab to view players, then right click your mouse, and then click on “View Steam Profile” it will bring you to “Report Violation” dialogue screen.