How to play Phantom and how to counter Phantom

(Apparition) #1

Ever since Phantom got re-added into the game, people have been complaining about him being too Overpowered. I have played Phantom since he was re-released and have come up with this guide to help you to defeat him or for you to be him.

How to play:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nBqAXM5gY20
His Merc rollcall says it all really. He is a medium to short range character with him only being equipped with a Katana and an SMG. A few tactics which are pretty obvious for Phantom are:

• Cover is for pussied, you have a shield/clocking device dammit! Use it when enemies are shooting you it absorbs damage and they can hardly see you.
  • If you are going up against someone who has more health than you can handle (Someone who does not die in 1 hit from your Katana, then jump around, crouch a little because if they track you your dead.
  • Never go up against Rhino, he has way too much health for Phantom to handle so only go for him if your an idiot, a pro or he is low.
    How to counter:
    Phantom’s Merc rollcall also gives a few tips away on how you can defeat him however here are a few ways people have managed to kill me whilst I have been playing Phantom.
  • I have been outplayed this is that they are better than me in every aspect of the game, this will most likely be the most common way to counter Phantom to be better than him.
  • Getting tracked by other players and then cornered.
  • Getting sniped, Vassili is Phantom’s worst enemy with his Heartbeat sensor deactivating Phantom’s cloak and his deadly Rifle if you get into a good sniper’s eyes, you might aswell be dead.

I believe I have added the most common ways if you have any other ideas on how you can counter Phantom or other tactics then just comment on this discussion.