How to have fun in current DB

(bgyoshi) #21

@teflonlove said:
Imagine the press coverage if SD adds a new merc of Arabian descent and an achievement called “Allahu Akbar” where you suicide kill an enemy while covered in your team mate Fletcher’s stickies. So much advertising with such little investment.

I dunno how many of you played or remember Battlefield 3 or 4 but…

Proximity land mines in that game blew up when they detected a non-friendly vehicle on them. So we used to put 6 of them on a Jeep and then drive around with it. Since the Jeep was friendly, the mines wouldn’t explode.

But you would drive FULL SPEED into an enemy tank and bail out of the vehicle. The moment you left the Jeep, it became a neutral vehicle, which is NOT a friendly vehicle, so all the mines would explode.

There was no way to survive the blast, but you would nuke so many tanks. Being in a tank and getting hit by a suicide jeep was the most frustrating thing ever lmao

(Diosito) #22

@Xerny said:
Here are my methods of fun:

1. Play Proxy with the basic loadout card, grab the cricket bat and attempt not to use the mines but kill everything with your bat, also spam V73 occasionaly.

I really miss Nader’s default loadout card (no augments), so fun and challenging, it required a little more concentration :slight_smile:

@teflonlove said:
Until recently I used the play the merc the team needed the most, which almost always ended up being a medic or engi. But when you keep reviving players that trip over their own feed and break their neck 3 seconds later or plant a C4 nobody defends it’s really frustrating. And having 3+ recons as team mates didn’t improve my mood by much either.

That’s exactly why I rarely play medic (even though it’s one of my favorite classes), it’s frustrating to heal/revive clueless players. Sterile attempts to improve the game

But I finally figured out how to have fun in DB again:

Pick Aimee and two of the useless mercs you never gonna play but which have “20 hour in squad” achievements. For me, this would be Phantom and Hunter. Then play “pistol mostly” Aimee running around like a headless chicken and spam your SNITCH all over the place. The average casual will never find your SNITCH so you end up with more support XP than your medic (which usually there is none these days).

Of course this will not work with skilled opponents, but fortunately there are hardly any as long as you stick to CMM.

I’m sure that was SD’s original vision of the game. If only I had known earlier.

In other words you enjoy DB by being a d1ck :stuck_out_tongue:

Abbadon

Abaddon

(Diosito) #23

It’s sad how certain and specific sector of the community has led us to think/play DB in this way, ignoring the basics of the game.

These types of practices (among others) are killing DB.

The best games I’ve had in DB are when the players really strive to play as a team, regardless of whether they are experienced players or not (but to be honest, it’s better to play among experienced players)

That is one of the biggest challenges that, in my opinion, SD faces: Make the average player respect rules and play DB the way it is supposed to be played: As a team … and with a minimum of common/battle senses :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I asking too much?

Abbadon

Abaddon

(Artyrim) #24

Add some alcohol to your playstyle and here you have a fun game

(Teflon Love) #25

@Diosito said:

@teflonlove said:
But I finally figured out how to have fun in DB again:

Pick Aimee and two of the useless mercs you never gonna play but which have “20 hour in squad” achievements. For me, this would be Phantom and Hunter. Then play “pistol mostly” Aimee running around like a headless chicken and spam your SNITCH all over the place. The average casual will never find your SNITCH so you end up with more support XP than your medic (which usually there is none these days).

Of course this will not work with skilled opponents, but fortunately there are hardly any as long as you stick to CMM.

I’m sure that was SD’s original vision of the game. If only I had known earlier.

In other words you enjoy DB by being a d1ck :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure what you mean. I’m just using the (broken) mechanics the game provides that apparently just “work as intended”. If this is d1ckish, SD created a d1ck generator. May that’s what they always wanted and their “don’t be a d1ck” t-shirts all contain a typo.

Really hard to tell at this point.

(Teflon Love) #26

Well, what’d you know, SD slowly coming to their senses:

Coming up next: Phantom removal? :smiley:

(bgyoshi) #27

@teflonlove said:

Yesssss, removing features from the casual community, the only community left!

Coming up next: <900 avg players!

(Xerny) #28

@teflonlove said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtrhWGQ9hjY

I’m still waiting for info about the next merc. >:c

(Diosito) #29

@teflonlove said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtrhWGQ9hjY

I don’t want to be rude, but every time I know about a new devs video is like… meh!

Abbadon

Abaddon

(Mc1412013) #30

Welcome to dirty bomb 1.0

(Your worst knifemare.) #31

Bang them all and watch as your team surrounds and execute them one by one.

(Xerny) #32

@Lord_Coctus said:

I just remembered the Execution game mode, mostly none of us miss it by i do, it felt good to do clutches with Sporks and emberassing the entire enemy team~

(HadronZodiac) #33

Machin pistol vasilli is amazing, try it

(Begin2018) #34

@teflonlove said:
It would be so great!

(Xerny) #35

@Begin2018 said:

@teflonlove said:
It would be so great!

But… The great Phantom mains!

What about Dazz’s great legacy?!

He taught us the way of the blade! We can’t forsake the eternal wielder of the weeb stick!

( Jesus Christ this sounded so stupid. )

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #36

@Lord_Coctus said:

Woah, phrasing.

(Xenithos) #37

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

Woah, phrasing.

Pretty sure that was intentional.

(Your worst knifemare.) #38

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

Woah, phrasing.

Sorry, maybe execute was a little much.