How to Buff Guardian

(XSheepieX) #21

I always dread it when Guardian is near me. Its like… “No plz not you. Don’t revive me leave me! I want a real medic!”

I play quite a bit of Sawbones and I used to main Sparks a long time ago… Guardian is no good for sustainability or anything that you expect from a medic imo. She has no self Sustainability, she can’t sustain team mates with quick revives and she can’t keep teammates in the fights for longer. The only time anyone ever seems to get revived by her is for proxy mines or when someone dies just as they jump out of the line of fire.

When I played her I found that I wasn’t able to revive at a fast enough rate to be effective as a medic. Considering I usually play Sawbones, I have no problem tap reviving and healing after though obviously that isn’t possible with Guardian. I ended up just using her as an assualt. (or maybe anti-assualt/support?)

The cooldown on the rev is too long. Why does it even need to be there? I also think Guardian would be better if she could give a small med pack or two, or maybe even three. Or maybe some small healing dart to shoot from her hand. At least it’d be something. I’d maybe actually play Guardian if she played at least a little like a medic.

(Szakalot) #22

i think the idea of no cooldown on the rez is worth thinking about. Or maybe 1-2sec for full charge, and 3-4 for holding it too long. @stayfreshshoe

Its hard to think that it would get OP in any way (considering that even sparks that revives people before they fall down is hardly OP, gibbing is almost always faster than reviving)

(XSheepieX) #23

Additionally you can be gibbed during the revive animation.

(GatoCommodore) #24

@Szakalot said:
i think the idea of no cooldown on the rez is worth thinking about. Or maybe 1-2sec for full charge, and 3-4 for holding it too long. @stayfreshshoe

Its hard to think that it would get OP in any way (considering that even sparks that revives people before they fall down is hardly OP, gibbing is almost always faster than reviving)

its also very rare to revive more than 2 people at the same time

(ThunderZsolt) #25

My main problem with her is that tap revives are useless (unless there is a healer medic nearby) which means you have to charge up the revive.
Because of this, your teammates often get gibbed before you revive them. Also, charging the revive makes the CD longer.

Sparks kinda suffers from this too, but not as much, because

1. she has a heal, even if it is weak
  2. she can pre-charge the revive, and shoot it on the enemies if nobody goes down from the team.

If you pre-charge the revive with Guardian, you can easily end up wasting it on full CD, and it won’t be available when you need it.