How to beat Last Stand Taschman, Im Stuck, help !!

(Jgeronimo) #1

I have 3 engineers and my enemies are 5

(Warchest_Andy) #2

LAST STAND TASCHMAN “Custer-fluck”

Last Stand Taschman is the hardest Hard mission, IMHO. It took me quite a few attempts to finish with all three ticks. You have to be cautious with your soldiers to preserve their health but bold when the opportunity presents itself to do damage to your enemies, most of whom outrange you.

PLEASE STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A SPOILER FOR THIS MISSION!

Turn 1: Move up as shown.

Turn 2: Run Megan round and drop a mine where shown. Get her into cover. She will take damage in the enemy turn equivalent to about half of her health; Dave will move up far enough to shoot her and Spud will use his rocket to splash damage her (and most of his mates…). Continue to advance with Carlito and Taschman. Taschman will draw a little fire but he’s in yellow cover so don’t worry.

Turn 3: Move Megan out again and plant another mine where shown, then get her the hell out of Dodge and keep her safe around the corner. Move Taschman and Carlito up and plant their turrets. Taschman’s will not survive the enemy turn but Carlito’s will.

Turn 4: Start with a salvo from Carlito’s turret. Then have Megan drop her last mine where shown (or one square closer to the friendly end if the marked position has an enemy on it) then return her to the safety of her starting point. Keep Taschman in cover in the corner and shoot at anyone who is close enough. Have Carlito repair his turret if it needs it. If he has enough AP to move, take a shot and get back to where he started, take the shot. Otherwise stay put. If you have a choice of equally viable targets and it will still allow Carlito to return to his starting position, shoot at Dave as this will save Taschman from a small amount of damage in later turns. If you can’t hit Dave safely just shoot at whoever you can. Note that you will lose Carlito’s turret in the enemy turn.

Turn 5 and onwards: Take shots with whoever can hit enemies safely this turn. Be sure to get your toons (especially Megan) back into safe positions by the end of the turn. Chip away at the surviving enemies without taking risks. The enemy will normally start to run by this point. Let them. Do not pursue. When it is safe to do so, move to the spots shown and wait. The enemy Dave often runs around to shoot Taschman through the fence from behind but Taschman’s return fire alone normally finishes him. The rest will come running back when you get close to a Take & Hold victory. When they do, pop out and gun them down. TAKE NO RISKS THOUGH because you’ll be gutted if you blow it at this stage!

You should be able to finish like this:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

(Jgeronimo) #3

Thank you Warchest_Andy I am very thankful because you showed me detailed instructions.

(Sandman77) #4

Excellent, worked like a charm! :slight_smile:

(Bosnik) #5

I try for days to win thank god for google

(Bosnik) #6

what mean “Custer-fluck” ?

(Warchest_Andy) #7

Lol, it’s going to be a bit tricky to answer that clearly and fully in a family-oriented forum!

It’s a joke and a play on words. “Custer” is a reference to another famous last stand (Google “Custer’s Last Stand” and it’ll throw up more info than you’ll ever want). The second part of the joke involves working the Custer reference into an anagram of a military term which fairly aptly describes the situation you find yourself in when you first try to beat Last Stand Taschman. I can’t really spell it out more clearly than that when there might be younger readers on the forum. If English is not your first language and it still doesn’t make sense, Google “Charlie Foxtrot” and I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to work it out from there. :slight_smile:

Younger readers should not Google anything without parental approval. :rolleyes:

(Powermover) #8

[QUOTE=Warchest_Andy;429265]LAST STAND TASCHMAN “Custer-fluck”

Last Stand Taschman is the hardest Hard mission, IMHO. It took me quite a few attempts to finish with all three ticks. You have to be cautious with your soldiers to preserve their health but bold when the opportunity presents itself to do damage to your enemies, most of whom outrange you.

PLEASE STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A SPOILER FOR THIS MISSION!

Turn 1: Move up as shown.

Turn 2: Run Megan round and drop a mine where shown. Get her into cover. She will take damage in the enemy turn equivalent to about half of her health; Dave will move up far enough to shoot her and Spud will use his rocket to splash damage her (and most of his mates…). Continue to advance with Carlito and Taschman. Taschman will draw a little fire but he’s in yellow cover so don’t worry.

Turn 3: Move Megan out again and plant another mine where shown, then get her the hell out of Dodge and keep her safe around the corner. Move Taschman and Carlito up and plant their turrets. Taschman’s will not survive the enemy turn but Carlito’s will.

Turn 4: Start with a salvo from Carlito’s turret. Then have Megan drop her last mine where shown (or one square closer to the friendly end if the marked position has an enemy on it) then return her to the safety of her starting point. Keep Taschman in cover in the corner and shoot at anyone who is close enough. Have Carlito repair his turret if it needs it. If he has enough AP to move, take a shot and get back to where he started, take the shot. Otherwise stay put. If you have a choice of equally viable targets and it will still allow Carlito to return to his starting position, shoot at Dave as this will save Taschman from a small amount of damage in later turns. If you can’t hit Dave safely just shoot at whoever you can. Note that you will lose Carlito’s turret in the enemy turn.

Turn 5 and onwards: Take shots with whoever can hit enemies safely this turn. Be sure to get your toons (especially Megan) back into safe positions by the end of the turn. Chip away at the surviving enemies without taking risks. The enemy will normally start to run by this point. Let them. Do not pursue. When it is safe to do so, move to the spots shown and wait. The enemy Dave often runs around to shoot Taschman through the fence from behind but Taschman’s return fire alone normally finishes him. The rest will come running back when you get close to a Take & Hold victory. When they do, pop out and gun them down. TAKE NO RISKS THOUGH because you’ll be gutted if you blow it at this stage!

You should be able to finish like this:

Good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

yes we all know how to beat it (atleast i do) i just want to know how to get the gold star