How much damage Airstrike Marker does indoors?

(vdll) #1

As powerful as an Airstrike is, the marker alone seems to deal rather low damage, I wonder how much? 50-ish perhaps?

(Reddeadcap) #2

50, tops if you’re right on top of it, at least 25 on the rim of the blast

(vdll) #3

Thanks for confirmation. Looks like using it indoors is a waste of cd.

(Thai-San) #4

Well, it’s not a waste. It comes in handy when an aura set up her camp with a couple of friends and no Fragger or Nader is around because explosives have some bonus dmg against buildings(?), so you can get rid of the station before going in. It’s always nice to fight without having the enemy standing around a healing station like it’s a warm and healthy campfire :wink:

(umberInlet) #5

Well, if it did any more, then he would probably be walking into Fragger’s territory a bit. I’m fine with it as is, since its still a nice form of burst dmg.

(vdll) #6

I was never able to destroy HS with a marker and I don’t think it’s possible?

(Reddeadcap) #7

It seems ANY type of aoe damage destroys the healing station, no matter how much damage it actually does, so if you see a healing station indoors, throw that marker in there without fear, that cooldown reduction isn’t that much of a waste.

(vdll) #8

Oh, is that so? Guess I repeatedly missed my aoes and came to the wrong conclusion :disappointed:

(god1) #9

Well I just threw the marker indoors at a Fragger yesterday and he was like “wtf the marker did 110 damage to me??”

(Szakalot) #10

i also feel like the damage is higher than 50?

It also deals NO damage if the airstrike is coming.

(vdll) #11

The reason for all the secrecy in this regard is beyond my comprehension.
Since community researched and confirmed 99% of data, SD should just disclose it altogether.

(Thai-San) #12

It deals at least 80 dmg, I saw an Aura getting insta-killed by a marker yesterday. And I’m pretty sure she was on full HP.

(vdll) #13

I volunteer as tribute to test it on private server. Add vdll on steam (Europe).

(hotpinkReel) #14

[quote=“convincingMollusk;17243”]The reason for all the secrecy in this regard is beyond my comprehension.
Since community researched and confirmed 99% of data, SD should just disclose it altogether.[/quote]

Agreed. I really wish they’d give us more clear stats on weapons. Bars are just bad at conveying information, and it’s really hard for me to tell to difference between the various guns. Planetside 2 used to use bars, but they took player feedback and changed it. Here’s an example of their weapon UI.

It tells you so much. There’s even a function for comparing the stats between weapons, highlighting the differences. There are things it doesn’t cover which are relevant though, such as priming distance. It turns out that Nader’s grenades actually have a priming distance; if they hit somebody close enough, they won’t explode, but instead bounce off. Stuff like that should be included in the card description or something. I also suspect that snipers have damage drop off, but I can’t really confirm that.

(vdll) #15

Today I got one-shot by a marker as a full health proxy. Unless I was halucinating (or was shot milisecond before the explosion).

(Reddeadcap) #16

Your sacrfice is loved by the community, thank you for the correction.

(Solid Stache ~NaC) #17

I used it the other day and direct hit a player dealing 110 damage.