How I think ranked could be fixed

(Xenithos) #41

@spartamania302

1. Glad to know someone knows this, however, this is ALWAYS done with prototypes before you begin work on the ALPHA of a game. You just recommended that SD completely undo all of the last several years worth of work to POSSIBLY make something better than a system that’s already working as it mostly should. You also presumed that their code is garbage, which isn’t exactly nice. I also find it ironic that you realize they’ve already done this and think they should do it again. I went into the gaming industry in creation for a bit and it’s not that easy. Talk about pissing off the player base, I’m surprised more people haven’t disagreed with you for that. It’d be easier to just go recreate the game in Unreal Engine 4 than to recreate their entire ranked game in UE 3.

2. Placements - Though I agree that placements and the level limit is low, if we were to raise the level limit to 15-20, that means DB’s already incredibly low population, Less than 1% of it would be available to play ranked. Think about that for a moment. I recommend an easier solution, hack all the CS:GO servers killing their game and advertise about DB extensively for two months. That will fill the competitive scene and allow their matchmaking to undergo tweaks allowing the rest of what you said. There’s a difference between theory crafting and actually being able to do anything about a game people don’t stick with. I don’t have an answer for how to fix any of this, and though what you said can be agreed upon by a veteran’s viewpoint, it really can’t be agreed upon by a developer stand point unless they desire their game to truly just die.

3. SD is right with you on balancing being broken, however, due to the already low population, two regions were completely stuck in matchmaking queues due to their limit of a simple 5 up or down. Which is STILL a wide range of skill levels. They had to turn off their limit because some players were searching for several hours to find a single match, or not even getting one. Also, I’m right with you on leavers needing higher penalties, however making sure they’re actual leavers isn’t quite in the code right now, and it should be. I had a friend banned for 30 minutes because SD claimed he was in the game, when he wasn’t and it kicked him for a security violation. I’m sorry, but that’s just messed up.

In all ability I can to not scream at you, I end with this: I appreciate your thought process, since it is one a lot of people can agree WOULD fix DB, it is however, entirely implausible. I wish you the best.

Edit: Just realized this is almost 2 weeks old. Ugh… I need sleep.