How did you discover Dirty Bomb?

(TheManBehindTheMask) #1

Well one fine evening I was browsing Steam for Post Apocalyptic Games I saw Brink a game that looked fun and had a cool art so I decided to try it(it was s*it). But than I Googled the game because concept looked cool it was probably rushed(it was).Then I saw a game by the same devs Splash Damage as Brink called Wolfenstien ET. I downloaded that game a had a gay old time (to have a very jovial experience). Than I saw a other game called Enemy Teritory Quake Wars and had an even more gay old time and than finnaly I saw it on steam a F2P game by Splash Damge that was a spiritual succesor to Wolf ET, Brink and ET Quake Wars and than after playing it for 10h straight I had fallen in love.
So how did you discover Dirty Bomb?

(TheStrangerous) #2

I really wanted to find my next big multiplayer of my life, after TF2 gettin’ disappointing each year. Did try it out week or 2 after it’s Steam release, but wasn’t initially impressed due to iron sights mechanic, thinking it was yet another CoD wannabe.

But then when I was REALLY desperate to find a proper F2P game which would click with me, back in the end of 2015, I gave DB another chance, aaaand… honestly, I shoulda procrastinated a bit more.

Don’t get me wrong, I was hooked. But the 2016 was awful for DB. And I went through rough relationship with that game…

(GatoCommodore) #3

i saw my nephew being bad at this game and then i went
" i’ll show you how a real man plays the game!"

the game is pretty good and im not that bad with skyhammer (because just throw the marker at general direction)

then i started to play the game since then.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #4

Saw a streamer who usually plays a different game play it and thought it was fun.

(AlbinMatt) #5

Saw AngryJoe diss it, but it looked really good, and his criticism was kinda mispointed, so meh why not.

A friend told me about this f2p shooter called Dirty Bomb going open beta soon. I watched one or two videos about it and started downloading on the same day after encountering a site giving away 200 keys and getting my hands on one of them. :blush:

(martha_smith) #7

i saw markiplier was playing

then i tried , and found that this game is awesome !!!

(martha_smith) #8

(comment deleted)

(Your worst knifemare.) #9

Steam: “Because you’ve played Tf2”

(Demonic_Muff1n) #10

saw a youtuber play the game so i thought i’d give it a try

(Nail) #11

got an email from Paul Wedgwood asking if I’d like to help in 2012

(Pumpkiller) #12

I saw pepole in my friendlist playing and praising this game and used to be in APB’s forums (shame on my ancestors, yadda yadda) seeing pepole praising the game too, i downloaded the game since i had no better games to play and things to do back in July 2015.

(Mc1412013) #13

Randomly searching through the free to play games

(K1X455) #14

Steam News

I think it was a Thursday on the 2nd week of May 2015 when I installed it.

Was still playing BL2 heavily back then. When I saw that it was running on UE3, I gave it a go and first impressions was, TF2 clone…

then wtf are loadouts?

(Chilled Sanity) #15

Saw shiny cards

Saw my credit card

Realized my mistake a year later

Cried

Cried

Cursed Flipflop.

Cried

I think it was in my recommended on Steam in its early, early days. If not then I must’ve been randomly browsing F2P or Nexon games or something. I’m not sure, but I do remember AngryJoe trashing it in one of his early impressions videos.

(Dr_Plantboss) #17

I saw a TF2 youtuber, STAR_, playing it with a friend. I liked the look of it, tried it out, said, “WTF even is this?” and stopped playing for about a month. I well and truly started playing in late December, 2015.

(Splicerrr) #18

Back in the day I played Battlefield 4, and I was subscribed to a bf4 youtuber named Levelcap. He made a video on dirty bomb and I decided to try it out in 2015.