How did you come up with your gamer tag .

(Mc1412013) #1

Im trying to come up with a real gamer tag. Not the hotmail random generated because none of the ones u tried were available one i use. Now that i got myself out of my confort zone and trying to do the twich stream thing( though i probably fail in the end but still want to try)
So my question is how did you come up with yours. Im having a hard time finding the inspiration to come up with one

Only nick name i had was mcguyver, because there wasnt an oil filter that came to our shop(walmart auto) i couldnt get off when every one else failed. Plus i was good at jerry rigging stuff. And cable guy is taken buy that lary guy. Other than that im stumped i dont want create a boring i give up name

(GatoCommodore) #2

[GATO]

chen is a cat

and theres also this

I like winter… and Copenhagen Wintergreen. Isn’t the same username on Steam, though.

(TheStrangerous) #4

Originally supposed to be “Stranger Danger”, or something along those lines, but ended up merging these two words.

Western genre is my passion for life! But sadly it lacks video games (and the only one I was hyped for, is a console exclusive, and will get corrupted by pay to win online game mode :’() , despite having quite variety of movies, shows and comics to choose from.

(Shenaynays) #6

My og username used to be “JustShenanigans” But people just kept shortening it to shenanigans. Then when mary used to almost exclusively stream DB id always be in her streams and considering with her music bot we spammed backsteet boys and just feel good music one day she was just saying peoples names but in a funish way and said mine as what it is now, Shenaynays, and from there it kinda just stuck.

From what i can see usernames that arnt RNG generated just seem to be distortions of regular words or phrases.

:]

(CyberVonCyberus) #7

Originally my username was ‘CyberChampion’ (I know, I know, how humble from my part) because I was a fan of doctor who back then, so I took ‘cyber’ from the cybermen and champion because it needed something else.

My nickname was always shortened to only cyber, once I discovered steam I thought to myself “hmmm, CyberChampion makes me sound like some sort of egoistic douchebag, let’s change that”. So I kept ‘Cyber’ since I got used to it and added ‘Von Cyberus’ because it sounded fancy and I started getting interested in learning German (I’ll try to get lessons once I sort out highschool as it is a bit of a mess to try and do both at once)

(watsyurdeal) #8

I’m a cheeky one

(Your worst knifemare.) #9

Random word + Lord

(Reddeadcap) #10

Webcomic of an old friend of mine, because some other people use the name too I put a dead in the middle sometimes because it rhymes with red.

(Boory Marks) #11

I said this before i a similar post but I’ll share it again.

My tag used to be just Boorseye.

I used to play the character Boorseye from Buddy Rush, a game on facebook.

Later I shortened it to Boory and add other words to it. ExplosiBoory, BooryDaHam, BooryDaEngie.

It finally came down to BooryDarthNader. It’s Nader, but Darth.

(Dr_Plantboss) #12

I played Plants vs. Zombies.

(Drac0rion) #13

I wanted my name to be somewhat related to dragons (I’ll probably never grow up). Building a name of Drag… only made me think of Natsu Dragneel, from Fairy Tail.

I switched from Dragon to Draco (dragon in latin) and decided to build it off of that.

So I thought I’d add something onto that and I ended up mashing it with Orion for no good reason other than it fits and sounds somewhat cool.

( Thinking of it now, somehow I still ended up with a Fairy Tail name I guess, in the show they have Dragon Slayers and I guess Dracorion could be translated into Dragon Hunter.)

Dracorion, but since that’s kinda long I mostly get called Drac.
Also people manage to butcher Dracorion in so many ways…
so Drac is just fine…

(Chilled Sanity) #14

You can just do what I do,

Change your name every 10 fucking minutes like you have some kind of multi personality problem that sevenfolds itself every time you change your name…

So yeah personality disorder on steroids coke meth and speed at once.

(CyberVonCyberus) #15

@Mc1412013 Well I mean if you’re having such a hard time figuring out a nickname, take example from CoD:

1st: put Xxx at the start and end of your username

2nd: take any of the following words: killer, destroyer, pro, slayer, lord, pussy… etc and mix them with other words

3rd: good job you got your own edgy CoD username

(CyberVonCyberus) #16

@Drac0rion said:
I wanted my name to be somewhat related to dragons (I’ll probably never grow up). Building a name of Drag… only made me think of Natsu Dragneel, from Fairy Tail.

I switched from Dragon to Draco (dragon in latin) and decided to build it off of that.

So I thought I’d add something onto that and I ended up mashing it with Orion for no good reason other than it fits and sounds somewhat cool.

( Thinking of it now, somehow I still ended up with a Fairy Tail name I guess, in the show they have Dragon Slayers and I guess Dracorion could be translated into Dragon Hunter.)

Dracorion, but since that’s kinda long I mostly get called Drac.
Also people manage to butcher Dracorion in so many ways…
so Drac is just fine…

Well Fairy tail (tail as an animal’s tail ?) isn’t the only thing with dragon hunters so your name isn’t tied to it, dark souls too has dragonslayers so does monster hunters

(Mc1412013) #17

@CyberVonCyberus said:
@Mc1412013 Well I mean if you’re having such a hard time figuring out a nickname, take example from CoD:

1st: put @$!# at the start and end of your username

2nd: take any of the following words: killer, destroyer, pro, slayer, lord, @$!#… etc and mix them with other words

3rd: good job you got your own edgy CoD username

Ive tried about 30 so far and there all taken :frowning:

(CyberVonCyberus) #18

Well dang

(Faraleth) #19

Quite simply, the character I played in UT2003/2004, and it stuck ever since. https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Fire_Storm#Faraleth

I also used to go by SonOfQueeg when playing Quake (back when I was 6-7 years old)… Because the player Queeg was my Dad. :wink: Although, I wasn’t very good at Quake back then. But hey, I was still learning! :smiley:

Honestly, I would advise to go with something personal to you. I also had another nickname in the past that I went off of within a couple of years, because it was a random name I threw together - it was a regrettable edgy teenager name. That’s why I went back to Faraleth, as it’s something that stuck with me in my kiddie years of playing video games back in early 2000’s.

(foo_) #20

I’m using the same name I’ve been using since when “picking a bamer tag” was restricted to three letters in the highscore list you had to select with a joystick.

(Adding underscores whenever forced to pad length.)

(TacticalMech) #21

I liked tactical shooters and I like mechs. Yah.