High ping servers in South America

(xTripa) #1

Hello everyone. After the Melee Mayhem update, the South American servers after a certain time (usually between 7:00 p.m. and 00:00 p.m.) get a lag as if we were playing on servers in North America or Europe.
What happens? Are the servers in São Paulo having problems? and Why always at these times which is usually the time that more players are playing.

Ps .: I live in Rio de Janeiro near where the server is hosted (São Paulo - Brazil) and usually my ping is 20, when it is with these problems my ping goes to 160.

It’s not just me, it’s not my internet because the ping of almost everyone is 160-250 and everyone is complaining a lot about it.

Be it Argentines, Brazilians, Chileans, Peruvians, everyone is pinging above normal, thank you if you answered me.

See ya!

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/OHD1tqv

(coddermax) #2

The same here!! Guys, let’s do somethin’ 'bout this!!

(Press E) #3

I’ve noticed NA servers have gotten a bit laggier too. Nowhere near as bad as 160, but it’s pretty noticeable.

(xTripa) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
I’ve noticed NA servers have gotten a bit laggier too. Nowhere near as bad as 160, but it’s pretty noticeable.

Here in South America the servers get really bad at playing, and that happens at the times that most people play. Ping of 20 goes to 120, and that’s because I live near the state that hosts the server (São Paulo).

We do not know if it is a problem of the hosting company or something else, we would like an explanation why it is really discouraging =/

(Press E) #5

@xTripa said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Here in South America the servers get really bad at playing, and that happens at the times that most people play. Ping of 20 goes to 120, and that’s because I live near the state that hosts the server (São Paulo).

We do not know if it is a problem of the hosting company or something else, we would like an explanation why it is really discouraging =/

@xTripa said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

I’ve seen the game get laggy like this before, it usually gets fixed within a few days so I wouldn’t worry too much

(Mc1412013) #6

Didnt they move s.a servers to somewhere in north america

(Press E) #7

Welp, NA servers seem to be getting worse. I’m around 20-40 ping higher than usual, but I’m rubberbanding off and on as if I had 150. Apparently it’s not just me either, so idk what SD is doing

@Mc1412013 said:
Didnt they move s.a servers to somewhere in north america

I thought that was a long time ago or something, they had them in florida but I thought they moved them back since then. Idk tho

(Swagger24904) #8

I can use server browser instead if quick match. It gonna give u a better experience