Hidden Achievements?

(Meetrock) #1

Since the game is starting to get boring now, I’m trying to hunt the remaining achievements I have. I’ve done 2 hidden ones that involve killing hunter as phantom with the katana and keeping jav’s rocket in air for 30 seconds. The remaining 2 hidden ones are reviving 5 people at once with Guardian and headshotting phantom with the EMP bolt as hunter. I’ve done the latter one TWICE, I headshoted a phantom with the EMP yesterday, and did again today, still didn’t get the achievement. Am I doing it wrong or something? Has anyone done it before?

(Jigstraw) #2

i don’t think you have to headshot phantom with the emp, you just have to kill him with the emp.

best way to go about it, considering the emp only does 15 damage, is putting on a loadout with the Simeon revolver. Get 3 bodyshots and a legshot, or 4 bodyshots if you’re at a range far enough for damage falloff to kick in. if you don’t mind getting in close to melee, an axe loadout gets phantom in range to kill with the emp after two light attacks

(Meetrock) #3

I actually did the melee damage technique in the second try. And I think it SHOULD be a headshot, since the logo for the achievement is hunter’s bolt hitting phantom’s head (see the global achievements page). I think the game is just broken now, I remember Shoe saying that they took off the Assault Course cobalt achievement from the game, but it’s still there, maybe they fucked up some stuff in that attempt.

(Major_Slapnuts) #4

Do you mean keep Javlins rockets in the air for a total flight time of 30 seconds? Like 10 shots that traveled for 3 seconds each?

or

can you shoot the rocket straight up?

(Meetrock) #5

I already did the Jav achievement. I’m having difficulties with the Hunter achievement.

(ASD) #6

(Meetrock) #7

Why everyone can’t read? I SAID I DID THE JAV ACHIEVEMENT.

(alphabeta) #8

Nobody asked if you did the Jav achievement. When you open a thread about the hidden achievements, you open it up for everyone to talk about them. Relax.

(Meetrock) #9

I’m the author of the thread, I asked about hidden achievements, and I clarified that I’m looking for how the hunter and guardian achievements are done, some people were smart enough to realise that and actually answer to the real question (because they read BOTH the title and the description), but some others are just dumb.

(Your worst knifemare.) #10

The closest I’ve been to the Hunter achievement was killing a Proxy, but I assume Phantom would have to be invisible for the achievement.

(Terminal_6) #11

Your last thread had me trying my hand at the Hunter achievement again. I killed a Phantom today with EMP and didn’t get it. He was uncloaked though, so maybe that’s the issue? But SD probably just broke it lol

EDIT: 1 game later, I got it.
I was listening to a vid while recording this so I had to replace the sound

As you can see from this helpful video tutorial, acquiring the Charged Up achievement is a multi-step process.
  1. Allow a Phantom to feel sneaky as you track him.
  2. Have an honorabu duel with another player
  3. Allow the Phantom to reach his objective, then pwn him

Based on this experience, I can say that having Phantom cloaked is not necessary, but since I headshotted him (my bad for introducing variables) it cannot be confirmed whether headshots are necessary. I hear the achievement is bugged for some so I cannot confirm that a headshot is necessary.

(Meetrock) #12

@Lord_Coctus I killed one phantom with the EMP while he was trying to kill me, then I killed another moving around. The achievement states that you must headshot kill a phantom with the EMP.

@Terminal_6 Lucky you, I’ve been trying for days to do so and I never made it. I do think SD broke the achievement somehow, since I am %90 I read in one of shoe’s topics that they removed the Assault Course achievement, maybe in the process they somehow screwed up the code for hunter achievement. I’m just gonna keep trying today, hopefully I might find more phantoms since he is in a free rotation.

(ASD) #13

Hi Meetrock,

you are not alone on the word and this forum… and also only becaus you started this thread its not YOUR personal privat propertie… its open for everyone until some mod close it…

other ppl ask also questions i just answerred this.
as you can see i replyed not to you with the video but to Major_Slapnuts.

so maybe start to read to who the answer is directed before you insult other as “dump”

have a nice day! and remove some of your salt … DB is to salty at the moment!

Regards
ASD

(Press E) #14

Have you ever googled a problem, clicked on a forum link, only to see something like “nvm guys, I fixed it” with no details on how? Threads aren’t just for you, they’re for anyone who has this problem, even if it’s a year down the road.