Hey SD, since you know Phantom is broken:

(geefunkster) #1

Since you know Phantom is broken (to put it politely), why not revert changes immediately instead of letting people abuse him for a couple of weeks? You know it’s bullshit, you know it’s frustrating your player base, so why wait?

(Mc1412013) #2

@geefunkster said:
Since you know Phantom is broken (to put it politely), why not revert changes immediately instead of letting people abuse him for a couple of weeks? You know it’s bullshit, you know it’s frustrating your player base, so why wait?

I just want the constant emp back. Whats the point of being able to sneak around if u gey blown to bits by a nuclear pancake. Though the last o e i jumped over rocketed me 50 ft in the air which was cool as i saw out of bounds o the map

(K1X455) #3

Don’t nerf Phantom; buff Nader :stuck_out_tongue:

(Mc1412013) #4

@K1X455 said:
Don’t nerf Phantom; buff Nader :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol yes but no i would love to wreck people with her but dont need a level 1 instagibbing rhino with one nade

(K1X455) #5

@Mc1412013 said:

Lol yes but no i would love to wreck people with her but dont need a level 1 instagibbing rhino with one nade

An unsuspecting Phantom can also be suppressed by a Proxy Pizza, just in case you don’t know.

(Press E) #6

@Mc1412013 said:

@geefunkster said:

I just want the constant emp back. Whats the point of being able to sneak around if u gey blown to bits by a nuclear pancake. Though the last o e i jumped over rocketed me 50 ft in the air which was cool as i saw out of bounds o the map

Same, I loved being able to hold a deployable down as my team rushed by, or piss off a fletcher by constantly EMPing every sticky they threw. Not like stealth really fits with DB anyways, so I don’t see why a constant EMP is so bad

(TheStrangerous) #7

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@geefunkster said:

Same, I loved being able to hold a deployable down as my team rushed by, or piss off a fletcher by constantly EMPing every sticky they threw. Not like stealth really fits with DB anyways, so I don’t see why a constant EMP is so bad

I’d be fine with constant EMP, if it got separated form cloak. Let cloak be it’s own traversal tool.

(JonBongNoJovi) #8

Can’t you just disable him untill you fixed , it’s beyond fustrating to play right now due to the broken ass merc ,

(Darkwolf3802) #9

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@geefunkster said:

Constant EMP = pointless deployables. an EMP should have a long cooldown as it renders everything useless and as it stands deployables arent to hard to destroy. An EMP thats easily spammed (pre tweak and post tweak) again makes any deployable pointless. Might as well remove them all from the game in that case.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #10

I think we should figure out a way to fix it, rather than just giving up on it.
And not fix it the Splash Damage way, I mean fix it the not knee-jerk reaction way. We saw what happened the last time we “fixed” Phantom the Splash Damage way.

(geefunkster) #11

@MuddyGrenade said:
And not fix it the Splash Damage way, I mean fix it the not knee-jerk reaction way. We saw what happened the last time we “fixed” Phantom the Splash Damage way.

Yeah I’m not saying they should revert changes and leave him, just revert back UNTIL they fix.

Since SD admitted within like a day of changes that Phantom is OP and broken, why let people exploit that for weeks? Why let the player base be pissed off for weeks? Will a player who joins in that period stick around? Will they think such a broken merc is atypical?

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #12

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@geefunkster said:

Yeah, though I personally have never had a problem dealing with Phantom’s constant EMP as Fletcher (if I stuck him I’d just shoot the sticky with my gun to detonate it); he’s more a deterrent with Fletcher, as opposed to an actual counter-play Merc.

@MuddyGrenade said:

Unfortunately man it seems this is too-little-too-late as it’s already going down that path, at present; not that I don’t share your sentiment. However, let’s be honest with ourselves here, Phantom is always going to annoy the casual players in some way; especially if Splash Damage intends for him to be a viable competitive pick. As it stands, he has found himself put into a similar situation to that of TF2’s Spy; the question at hand is whether SD will cave to the complaints of the casual player-base, or whether they’ll “stick to their guns” this time around.

(Rokon2) #13

Phantom currently is magnitudes better than Spy though. The ability to instantly attack without ever having to wait until you’re decloaked is invaluable. Precious seconds count.

I am completely baffled that there’s no delay before attack.

(TheStrangerous) #14

Why do I feel SD tries to prove us wrong on “Separate EMP from Cloak” argument, by recklessly trying to prove they can work together?

You know what the ACTUAL pure stealth is about?
NO INTERACTIONS
Heck, that’s the hardcore rule among stealth games enthusiasts.

Heck, if this costume TAKES AWAY YOUR SWORD, so should Phantom’s cloak.

(Press E) #15

@Darkwolf3802 said:
Constant EMP = pointless deployables. an EMP should have a long cooldown as it renders everything useless and as it stands deployables arent to hard to destroy. An EMP thats easily spammed (pre tweak and post tweak) again makes any deployable pointless. Might as well remove them all from the game in that case.

I’m an Aura main, believe me, I wouldn’t be suggesting a constant EMP if I didn’t know its affects.
Constant EMP really isn’t that much of a step up from what we currently have. And well, having an effective counter like that is healthy, because it’s not hard to place a deployable somewhere where it can’t easily be hit with explosives. The problem comes from having more than one EMP merc, and nerfing the hell out of most deployable mercs. Having a counter isn’t bad when the merc being countered is otherwise fairly strong, but adding more counters and further nerfing the merc causes a lot of problems.

Phantom needs to be useable, and a constant EMP was one of his most powerful draws. The only problem was most people didn’t know how to properly play him. We need to be turning our eyes to the deployable mercs he affects, not to phantom.

(aNi0n) #16

@geefunkster said:

Frustrating? They just messed up all the work done in this update. A new mercenary, and a map rework and they’re all talking about the broken phanton.

I have a Discord, which was full, with an average of 12 people and we often got up to 16-19 players. Now we do not have 7.

The new Phanton is a bad joke.

(xTripa) #17

@aNi0n said:

@geefunkster said:

Frustrating? They just messed up all the work done in this update. A new mercenary, and a map rework and they’re all talking about the broken phanton.

I have a Discord, which was full, with an average of 12 people and we often got up to 16-19 players. Now we do not have 7.

The new Phanton is a bad joke.

Exactly, you do not have time to react with this new phantom, this update was completely ruined with this, new map, new mercenary and all talking about the phantom (which was already a great merc before the update). Aside from the fact that the players abandoned mercs like auras / sparks and migrated to phantoms, in other words, most matches have no doctors or enginners, they are teams with 5 to 6 phantoms on each side.
Instead of the update attracting more players to the game, instead the majority is stopping playing.

(watsyurdeal) #18

Simple answer, because if its not Phantom its something else

(Chris Mullins) #19

Sadly it’s not as easy as that. With the update the spotting mechanic was changed completely. If we did try and just swap out new Phantom for old a ton of stuff would break all over the game. We did discuss disabling him, but reports on him reduced quite quickly so it seemed players on the whole were getting used to him.

This didn’t effect us wanting to update him. In fact changes will be going out later this week, so hopefully he’s less of a pain in the butt then.

(geefunkster) #20

I appreciate your response. I quit playing til he’s fixed. Maybe some have gotten used to him or just didn’t see any point complaining further, I can’t speak for anyone else.

I can say that in my opinion when a merc becomes clearly, and admittedly by yourselves, unfair, they should be reverted or removed from play.

I realise Devs can’t nerf and buff at every disapproving forum post but this seemed like a pretty clear cut case to me.

@stayfreshshoe said:
Sadly it’s not as easy as that. With the update the spotting mechanic was changed completely. If we did try and just swap out new Phantom for old a ton of stuff would break all over the game. We did discuss disabling him, but reports on him reduced quite quickly so it seemed players on the whole were getting used to him.

This didn’t effect us wanting to update him. In fact changes will be going out later this week, so hopefully he’s less of a pain in the butt then.