Hey Everybody!

(3D Printer) #1

Hey everyone! I’m Andrew, also known as Andarne . I’m an avid gamer, and have been since the late 1990’s. I first started in 1997 around October, just short of my 5th birthday. I was given a PlayStation as a gift and received Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and a few others. The first game I ever played, however, was Grand Theft Auto - the original . Despite being roped into the console gaming scene, I always fell back to my father’s computer where he had the Monkey Island games as well as a few other classics.

At the turn of the Millenia I ventured into more serious PC games. I got my first taste of RPG’s with Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls series, using a DOS PC my father setup. In 2002 I bought my first PC, a Win XP machine with 2GB RAM and a shoddy processor. Over the years it received a few upgrades, but I was still very much a console gamer until 2007 when I joined the Lord of the Rings: Online MMORPG on their role-play servers, [EN-RP] Laurelin. For 4 years I was an active member of the Elven role-play community, organizing events and writing RP guides for new players.

OCB Gaming Community

In late 2012 I joined the Owld Crabbit Bastarts (OCB) Gaming Community through their DayZ Mod section. In 2014 I became a Community Moderator, and have now been promoted to the Social Media manager for the Community, as well as becoming a Server Administrator earlier last year.

My main functions as a Community Manager include TeamSpeak Administration, Recruitment, Social Media Management and Website Moderation.

Since joining OCB, I’ve spoken to people I’d never dream of being able to speak to, and done things I’d never had dreamt I’d be able to do. From helping out the fantastic people at DBNation with a few things, from speaking to shoe. and the SD staff. It’s all fantastic.

Outside of Games

Away from keyboard, I’ve managed to become qualified by Microsoft as a Certified Professional, as well as receiving a Higher National Certificate in Technical Support. Computers are where I want to make a career. Though I’m not currently employed, I do attempt to maintain a high level of familiarity with old and new systems, resources and developments.

I enjoy photography as a hobby, walking my Black Labrador Harley, and planning my upcoming wedding to my fiancée, Melissa. (Yes, you’re all invited! BYOB!)

Social Links

I’m using a few different Social Media profiles, but I’d love to have you join me.

Workstation Setup

Software

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Stream Software: OBS Studio

Hardware

• CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-core 4GHz
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Dual-fan
  • Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 970 Chipset
  • RAM: 24GB 1866MHz DDR3
  • GPU: XFX R9 390 8GB DDR5
  • Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 (Orange)

Peripherals

• Corsair VOID Headset
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair Raptor K30 Keyboard
  • Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick
  • 2x ACER V226HQL 1080p 60Hz
  • BENQ G2400W 1200p 60Hz

(KeMoN) #2

Good evening and welcome to the forums. I think I’ve watched a few of your twitch streams already.
I wish you all the best, especially for your upcoming wedding!

Cheers

(Runeforce) #3

Welcome :magicpony: :stroggbanana: :penguin: :oppressor: :stroggtapir: :goliathspin:

(3D Printer) #4

Thanks so much KeMoN! :smiley:

(3D Printer) #5

Hey Runeforce! Thanks for the awesome welcome :smiley:

(Mustang) #6

Warm welcomes

(KeMoN) #7

Highjacking a thread instead of spamming new ones.
Staying on-topic in the post.
Moving the spam links into the signature.

We have reached a breaking point :slight_smile:
The robots are becoming clever.