Guardian suggestion

([SALTY]SHOBI) #1

*you can skip reading this crap"

Hello,

This is my first forum post after getting to level 61 in the game.

Sad how I did not get involved with the game discussion before but, better late than never.

end of crap

So, I just have an idea regarding guardian and the debate about her being a medic but still not being able to heal. IDK, someone might have already posted it before.

Guardian as we all know can only revive fallen teammates but falls short when it comes to healing them.

**The suggestion/idea: Simply make her bubble heal “not fallen” team-mates just like a health pack that gives more health the more it is charged. **

Now, the first debate on this idea would be that the merc would be overpowered with the distance to which she can heal.

Solution -

Well, just limit the bubble heal only to a certain distance from the merc. Visually this can be marked by changing the colour of the bubble.

Example - It could be “Green” when the bubble is in healing/reviving range. And Turn to “Blue” when in the only revive range.

The bubble already has a cool-down time and could work like a health pack just in a different form. Also it could heal and revive at the same time too.

When a “not fallen” merc and a “fallen” merc are in the bubble at the same time. The bubble would revive the already “fallen” merc and heal the “not fallen” merc.

I think it is an idea to be pondered upon and discussed upon. Because it is annoying how guardian cannot heal.

-[SALTY]SHOBI

(Gire) #2

IMO Guardian should have a passive healing aura around her like Javelin has. But not healing much because she is more of a assault/defensive support merc, having rifles and a revive and ofcourse her gadget.

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

Imo Guardians fine the way she is. She has access to rifles unlike other medics, she can stop most explosives with her shield (even if enemies don’t shoot explosives while her shields up that’s still at least 10 seconds where her team is safe from them.), and can revive multiple teamates easily. For all of those upsides healing had to be sacrificed.

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #4

"Broken heal ability"
There is part of Guardian’s balance which can’t really be tested in Pub environment. It’s called friendly fire. You just kill a team mate and revive him at full HP. SD did a lot of work to prevent this for other medics especially for Sparks who used to eat medpack herself and “heal” team mates with REVIVR. When Guardian makes it to ranked this “kill-revive” thingy will be abused all the time, just like it is abused on PUG tournaments already.

As experience with Sparks balance shows, there is no way to prevent this even if she somehow recieves poor healing ability.

Self-heal penalty
Guardian is not exactly a medic, but she seem to have self-heal penalty. Which means she not only can’t heal herself, but has real problems restoring HP with help of other medics.

Amount of abilities
She already has 3 abilities: Sky shield, Electric glove and built-in guardian angel. I think we reached the limit already, right? Her Sky shield is hard counter to explosives and Electric glove is even better than REVIVR and all that on 110 hp merc with assault rifle.

Refering to main topic, i don’t see a reason why glove (which is already strong reviving ability) should heal team mates. It would be hard to implement, hard to balance and easily abused.

SD should remove her heal penalty and if needed could improve those abilities with lets say disable Phantom’s armour and short emp pulse on her glove
But I doubt it is possible to add something else on top of what we already have without major merc rework.

(kopyright) #5

You want to turn Guardian into an AoE healing, AoE reviving, explosive-countering, rifle-carrying nightmare? Oh boy…

(Sorotia) #6

Trouble is that just turns her into a weaker version of Aura with a ranged AoE rez.

([SALTY]SHOBI) #7

Wow! happy that so many people replied. Was not expecting this. Now, as I said this is simply an Idea.

@kopyright said:
You want to turn Guardian into an AoE healing, AoE reviving, explosive-countering, rifle-carrying nightmare? Oh boy…

I saw many youtube videos of people playing dirty bomb and hearing many complain about guardian being referred to as a medic but not being able to heal. I personally felt like it would have been nice if she could heal.

So, this was just an idea that sparked in my head and I decided to post it on forums. After all, a constructive work/product is created by brainstorming of ideas, good or bad.

-[SALTY]SHOBI

(kopyright) #8

@SHOBBIT said:
Wow! happy that so many people replied. Was not expecting this. Now, as I said this is simply an Idea.

@kopyright said:

I saw many youtube videos of people playing dirty bomb and hearing many complain about guardian being referred to as a medic but not being able to heal. I personally felt like it would have been nice if she could heal.

So, this was just an idea that sparked in my head and I decided to post it on forums. After all, a constructive work/product is created by brainstorming of ideas, good or bad.

-[SALTY]SHOBI

The problem would be that this would make her so much better than most other medics - she could heal more people at the same than every other medic (except for Aura’s healing station maybe) and she is already able to revive more than one teammate at once (which makes her much better in that regard than all the others). No reason to play anybody else, maybe except for Sparks and her longrange revive ability.

(Gire) #9

SD should atleast then remove the medic logo from friendly Guardians when you are low hp :smiley:

(Rodolfosaurio) #10

IMO all she needs right now is to charge her revive faster, cause till I charge it up (and Guardian really needs to do so since she can’t heal allies after the revive) my ally gets finished

(henki000) #11

@SiwaonaDaphnewen

I’m glad you took kill-revive to discussion. It’s just so stupid mechanic in this game. Wound your teammate to heal? Really? She will be much better in FF-on servers, just like sparks. When we take that to concideration, I think guardian is most likely too good in it’s current state. Does not work in every situation, but works in EV maps.

(HadronZodiac) #12

Tbh i thought of this as well, kinda like javelins rocket, press right click to change its mode

(HadronZodiac) #13

@Gire said:
SD should atleast then remove the medic logo from friendly Guardians when you are low hp :smiley:

OMG YES

(hoyes) #14

Guardian I think would be 10x better if she had access to smgs tbh. Smgs are the king dualing weapons in this game, and the devs seem to overestimate the power of the ars. Sure she has better ranged potential than (most) other medics, but if she really wants to be a combat medic, she should just have been given an SMG such she could actually use her higher than average speed to hp ratio.

(Xerny) #15

Guardian is perfect as she is, she isn’t supposed to be played as a main medic, she’s supposed to be played as a side medic, if you don’t have a fellow Aura,Sawbonez or Phoenix in your team, picking Guardian will help your teammates with the reviving problem but most of them have to wait for their health to regenerate.

Plus if you give an AoE heal to a merc that has;

1. Some of the most powerful primaries in the entire game.
  2. An AoE revive that even without the Get-Up perk can give a Rhino full health.
  3. One of the most powerful abilities in the entire game that can deny airstrikes, artillerys, molotovs, nades, rockets and especially keep your team safe from Hunters.

The only method the Devs could give Guardian a heal is either if they replace her weapons with SMGS or nerf their damage. Or they remove the built in Guardian Angel she has.

Although as i said, Guardian is fine as she is, a good Guardian player can be the worst nightmare of any Nader,Skyhammer,Fragger,Javelin or Arty.

(Plus since at the time of this post, Nader is on the free rotation, so Guardian will probably be welcome in any team.)

(LifeupOmega) #16

Played her a ton in FF servers, solid merc so long as you have a main medic, and forcing the enemy to play guns against you (4 second downtime on drone rofl) is fantastic if you’re good at aiming. Still want to try her out in a proper 5v5 setting but w/e not super fussed.