Guardian shield needs fixes

(HadronZodiac) #1

Im sure yall know this, but so many times where stuff like molotovs and grenades completely make it thru the shield when it is up. Its pretty frustrating when you are basically reduced to a running bubble healer for 50k credits just because of a bug that hasnt been fixed yet

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #2

Haven’t seen stuff go through unless it was LOS’d or detonated outside of the shield, causing the explosion to affect through it.

(Szakalot) #3

yup, the shield display can be lying in the sense that the shield drone still needs direct line of sight to zap the projectile. E.g. if you put it behind a wall, it will only zap objects that pass by the wall, and not before

its either that, or the projectile went through before the shield went up

(HadronZodiac) #4

Neither of those were the condition

The drone was already set up for 2 seconds
And the drone was out in the open (i saw the molotov literally pass the drone as well)

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #5

I’m not saying that the bug doesn’t exist, I’m just saying I haven’t experienced it (to my knowledge), so I don’t consider it a waste of credits.

(Press E) #6

huh, weird, I’ve never seen this happen myself and I have quite a few hours on guardian now. I’ve had a few issues with wonky ground terrain though, but that’s more of the map’s fault.
The biggest bug I’ve noticed with it is that it’s placement can bug out sometimes when I throw it, leaving it outside of cover. Happens a lot when you throw it near other deployables or the EV. Sometimes it just completely disappears too. No one’s shooting at it, it doesn’t blow up, just vanishes and leaves me with a cooldown.

I just wish the deploy time was shorter though, so you couldn’t just throw a grenade or molotov next to it and instantly blow it up before it’s able to do anything. All it really punishes are skyhammers and level 2 naders, but for everyone else it’s just too slow

(HadronZodiac) #7

You mean the deploy time be shorter? Cuz i agree its only good against skyhammers, bad naders, and your occasional retarded javelin

(Stokes) #8

A trend I’ve been seeing lately with the guardian’s bubble is where people are using them where the bubble is inside of structures. Is this normal or a bug? But I have seen airstrikes penetrate the bubble.

(Press E) #9

Yeah, sorry, I shouldn’t complain about things when I’m half asleep lol

The bubble’s visual effects can pass through walls, but the drone will only actually destroy objects that it can see. So if you throw a drone next to a wall, you can see the bubble on the other side of the wall, but it won’t be able to destroy any projectiles through a wall. If that’s what you meant at least.

It is normal, but I’m not sure if it’s intentional or just due to engine limitations. But honestly I kinda like it, it lets me know where the drone is so I don’t rush into a door, grenades blazing.

(Ptiloui) #10

I think it may be caused by weird geometry or invisible bigger collision box. Like for your human eyes, it’s okay, but for the code, it isn’t. Somewhat like when you want to throw a nade or a sticky above the EV but it end up bouncing on it.

(Press E) #11

Probably. Most of the issues I’ve had with it are dockyard where the ground is messy af, and castle in the parts of the map with messy ground