Guardian shield is literally invisible

(HadronZodiac) #1

Idk if its just my game, but i literally cant see her shield, only her drone, and sometimes i waste a powerful ability just because the game wont she me it…

(Your worst knifemare.) #2

I’ve never heard anyone mention this as a problem before. Can you use a screenshot to show what happens with it.

(kopyright) #3

How can you miss this?

@HadronZodiac said:
Idk if its just my game

Yes. Yes it is.

(HadronZodiac) #4

@kopyright said:
How can you miss this?

@HadronZodiac said:
Idk if its just my game

Yes. Yes it is.

Thats outdated shield

How can you miss this?

(kopyright) #5

From ealier today. How can you miss this?

(GatoCommodore) #6

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:
How can you miss this?

@HadronZodiac said:
Idk if its just my game

Yes. Yes it is.

Thats outdated shield

How can you miss this?

this is almost sounds like you get shafted by any ability in the game then you rant in forum

(HadronZodiac) #7

@kopyright said:

If drone is behind a wall and you are in a hall where you can only see bottom part, it is, in fact invisible.

(HadronZodiac) #8

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:
How can you miss this?

@HadronZodiac said:
Idk if its just my game

Yes. Yes it is.

Thats outdated shield

How can you miss this?

this is almost sounds like you get shafted by any ability in the game then you rant in forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbyQOHuHDAE

this is almost like you feel the need to constantly increase the toxicity of a simple problem because you have nothing better to do kid.

(GatoCommodore) #9

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

If drone is behind a wall and you are in a hall where you can only see bottom part, it is, in fact invisible.

how is it invisible
its clear that it has red color

its your fault for not paying attention, her ability is to punish ability spam.

(HadronZodiac) #10

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

how is it invisible

How is it invisible, maybe you cant see it on the lower parts of the shield? Maybe its a bug?
Its clear that its red? No fucking shit

Its your fault for not reading anything and jumping to “I should be salty and not give a shit about what he claims, and just assume hes wrong, cuz ya know, my logic!”

(GatoCommodore) #11

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

how is it invisible

How is it invisible, maybe you cant see it on the lower parts of the shield? Maybe its a bug?
Its clear that its red? No @$!# @$!#

Its your fault for not reading anything and jumping to “I should be salty and not give a @$!# about what he claims, and just assume hes wrong, cuz ya know, my logic!”

you can clearly see the red

(kopyright) #12

@GatoCommodore said:

No, next he’ll say “You can clearly not see the red”.

(Ptiloui) #13

Golden rule of the internet : Screenshot or it didn’t happen.

(kopyright) #14

But how do you screenshot something you cannot see?

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #15

In honesty the only bug where it becomes truly invisible is if you land it directly on the EV (without it bouncing off), as it then glitches out but still functions; I’m not sure why, or how this got past the testing phase in the development pipeline on the Public Test Servers, but it happens. When done correctly it doesn’t finish its deployment animation and thus, in consequence, the Red Dome is never spawned into the world space; I’ve seen and experienced similar instances first-hand with the deployment animations of Ammo Stations, where it drops and activates without finishing its animation. I’ve had both of these instances happen more than a few times, and done it myself to test the theory, and it is indeed an existing bug; beyond that there are no known instances where it’s not rendering the ability’s Radius of Effect, thus giving proper warning to its presence, as far as I’m aware.

Ultimately it could be due to the same glitch where the animation gets stuck in a loop and doesn’t finish, which also still plagues Shotguns from time to time; however without seeing the exact positioning, placement, and activation sequence going through first-hand it’s hard to tell if this is the case here. Things in Dirty Bomb break all the time, Animations are no exception much like the Audio, so while I am inclined to believe this is just an instance of user error I wouldn’t immediately dismiss it; after all there are lots of small bugs and glitches in this game that Splash Damage somehow manages to allow to slip through the cracks consistently during testing. The main issue here is that it’s happening with an ability that serves as a hard-counter to explosives and Projectile-based Abilities, such as Aimee’s SNITCH for instance, and should be addressed before it becomes widely abused; as it seems it’s possible to force the glitch with regards to Guardian’s Sky Shield, which will only lead to abuse once enough players figure it out.

P.S. @stayfreshshoe I would definitely suggest looking into this as it’s been an ongoing issue with the animations across-the-board, both with weapons and abilities, and can only get worse from here-on-out with any future Deployables of similar nature.

(Ptiloui) #16

@kopyright said:

Well, if you can see a deployed drone but not the shield, then it’s enough. Or, if the drone cannot be seen either, you clearly explain how it happens and when, state the reproduction steps, in a detailed post as @-OCB-Wildcard just did, and not by posting 2 poor lines of vague assumptions.

For instance, this deployable bug seems to appear in weird geometry, as I saw the same thing happening with the heartbeat sensor clipping through placeable. It also happened with a smoke grenade :

(HadronZodiac) #17

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

how is it invisible

Its your fault for not reading anything and jumping to “I should be salty and not give a @$!# about what he claims, and just assume hes wrong, cuz ya know, my logic!”

You cant “clearly see the red” if your in an elevated area and covered or in the middle not capable of seeing the lines. Cough cough halls

(HadronZodiac) #18

@Ptiloui said:

@kopyright said:

Well, if you can see a deployed drone but not the shield, then it’s enough. Or, if the drone cannot be seen either, you clearly explain how it happens and when, state the reproduction steps, in a detailed post as @-OCB-Wildcard just did, and not by posting 2 poor lines of vague assumptions.

For instance, this deployable bug seems to appear in weird geometry, as I saw the same thing happening with the heartbeat sensor clipping through placeable. It also happened with a smoke grenade :

Neither were able to be seen

Theres nothing to elaborate on, the shield could not be seen.

Not sure why youre acting like I can write on essay on an invisible dome…

(GatoCommodore) #19

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@kopyright said:

how is it invisible

You cant “clearly see the red” if your in an elevated area and covered or in the middle not capable of seeing the lines. Cough cough halls

please provide example then
im not sure i know what youre talking about

(Ptiloui) #20

@HadronZodiac said:

@Ptiloui said:

@kopyright said:

Neither were able to be seen

Theres nothing to elaborate on, the shield could not be seen.

Not sure why youre acting like I can write on essay on an invisible dome…

Take example on @-OCB-Wildcard then ?

EDIT : Or you know, use the bug report form http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/32767/how-to-report-bugs#latest and post it in the bug section of this forum so the devs can start working from somewhere.