Guardian revive ability wouldn't work at the final objective on Chapel

(fletch45lc) #1

Type of Bug: Gameplay
Description: Tried to revive teammate who died who was delivering final objective at Chapel, nothing happened. Even tried charging the ability, but still the same result. The field for the revive ability was displaying correctly, but it was not working. Teammate had to be revived by Aura, who had no such issues reviving
Steps to reproduce: Teammate was very close to building, right next to the delivery point. Used Guardian’s revive ability and nothing happened.
Result: Revive ability did not revive teammate
Expected result: Teammate would be revived
Reproduction rate: Tried to revive same teammate five times with ability

(bespeak) #2

@fletch45lc said:
Type of Bug: Gameplay
Description: Tried to revive teammate who died who was delivering final objective at Chapel, nothing happened. Even tried charging the ability, but still the same result. The field for the revive ability was displaying correctly, but it was not working. Teammate had to be revived by Aura, who had no such issues reviving
Steps to reproduce: Teammate was very close to building, right next to the delivery point. Used Guardian’s revive ability and nothing happened.
Result: Revive ability did not revive teammate
Expected result: Teammate would be revived
Reproduction rate: Tried to revive same teammate five times with ability

I’ve noticed this Bridge delivering, and Chapel not while delivering: If a teammate is incapped while holding a Carryable Objective, I cannot revive them as Guardian.

I’m posting this here because I don’t want this thread to be lost. This doesn’t necessarily mean that something else happens when (a) dying within a delivery point’s radius, or (b) dying while holding F (like dying while repairing or defusing), but these might be the same issue (and this is not a bug tracker).

The teammate may also need to be next to some map geometry, like a wall or a curbside, but I can’t say for certain.

Steps to reproduce:

• Watch a teammate as they try to deliver the objective, but are incapped before it’s completed (if in doubt, pick this one)
  • or,
  • Watch a teammate become incapped while carrying a datacore/EMP charge
  • As Guardian, revive them with the Bionic Pulse

Expected results:

• Teammate is revived

Actual results:

• Teammate remains incapped
  • They’re just 1 meter in front of you, unobstructed, and inside the bubble
  • The bubble is not physically blocked (it’s not being pushed aside), or it’s such a small distance and we’re too close to it to be able to tell
  • If there are multiple teammates downed, then everyone except the fallen objective carrier will be revived

Reproduction rate:

• Can’t put a number on it
  • 80%?
  • Three separate incidents

Fix:

• ?

Version: