Guardian | Is she really a medic?

(woodchip) #21

@Wulie said:
Why nerf her health? Its the thing that makes her special- high health, AR, lesser healing. I would just buff her Pulse (so it has no CD) and it would be well.

It wouldn’t be well because you would be making one of the best duelers in the game also a viable medic. Guardian would be very overpowered if she were anything better than awful in her medic roll, because 110 HP and very fast move speed + ARs is one of the absolute best dueling kits in the game.

(Rokon2) #22

Guardian still feels on the clunky side, especially with the way Bio-Pulse works. There’s too many drawbacks and not enough reward as it is for me to warrant using Bio-Pulse over just paddles. Her skyshield is a bit better though which is nice, but I feel she hasn’t quite fit in her niche snugly yet. She should have a bit of healing capability. I’d be down for something like Killing Floor Medic’s healing gun thing, for example.

(c4Te) #23

We are working on her Bionic Pulse and some vfx updates for her.

Before we release the Bionic Pulse update we would like to test it in the PTS. The signup for that will be available soon.

(Mc1412013) #24

@c4Te said:
We are working on her Bionic Pulse and some vfx updates for her.

Before we release the Bionic Pulse update we would like to test it in the PTS. The signup for that will be available soon.

Why cant she heal herself like pheonix?? Even though shes down she could still trigger her glove rolling around and when the dome gets created it heals any one dome.

(c4Te) #25

@Mc1412013 said:
Why cant she heal herself like pheonix?? Even though shes down she could still trigger her glove rolling around and when the dome gets created it heals any one dome.

Guardian is supposed to be a really aggressive combat Merc that can support her team with her anti-spam dome and a group revive.

These abilities combined with her Assault Rifle make her really powerful. We are still in the process of tweaking her to get her in the perfect spot but we think that we are on the right path.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #26

I always thought that Guardian’s kit didn’t really synergize with itself. Her Assault Rifles and High Health Pool (for a medic, anyways), seems to suggest she’s a frontliner, like Sawbonez and Phoenix. But the Sky Shield and Bionic Pulse suggest she be played in the backline of the team, like Sparks.
Just another problem with Guardian I’ve always thought about.

(LifeupOmega) #27

AR means extra range though Muddy, so it can work. She’s not amazing by any means but I’ve been enjoying her when there’s another medic on the team (hoorah for no tough/looter, wonder who okay’d that).

(GatoCommodore) #28

@c4Te said:

@Mc1412013 said:

Guardian is supposed to be a really aggressive combat Merc that can support her team with her anti-spam dome and a group revive.

These abilities combined with her Assault Rifle make her really powerful. We are still in the process of tweaking her to get her in the perfect spot but we think that we are on the right path.

i still think the cooldown on revive is not that great

(Rokon2) #29

@GatoCommodore said:

@c4Te said:

@Mc1412013 said:

i still think the cooldown on revive is not that great

I wouldn’t mind the cooldown much if I could cancel it, and if it maybe offered a bit more health on revive than others.

(azz_abdr) #30

group revive with long cooldown is baaaaddddd, how many times people want to die in same. and remember her hidden achievement to revive 5 teammates on single tap is the most stupid achievement on game, can’t be obtained without “cheating” with enemy.