gtkradiant 1.4 or 1.5 doesn't run well in windows 8. mouse locks onto ceiling

(ACROBAT) #1

I really dont know why, but my mouse tends to lock like a missile onto the ceiling. I had to do weird stuff to get old games namely jk2 and jk3 to work, and I am wondering if there are any tricks for gtkradiant.

(obsidian) #2

Have you tried using one of the test builds for GtkRadiant 1.6.4? It has support for Jedi Academy and has had some testing on Windows 8.

Here is the latest test build (2013-07-07).
http://gtkradiant.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/GtkRadiant-1.6.4-20130707.zip

(ACROBAT) #3

Bingo solution–> I’ve been searching many many forums, and I finally figured things out looking at the Steam various forums (since those people buy old games for new machines more than others)

jk2 and jk3 doesn’t even work for windows 8 at least on my machine, which is ultra high performance.

Go to jk2sp.exe and jk2mp and right click–> properties and find compatibility section. The check mark the box “disable display scaling on high DPI settings” and then it will run correctly.

I’m wondering if something similar is what is messing up gtk for windows 8 as well so I tried right clicking their icons, and at least 1.4 is working now (I assume 1.5 will start working as well once I reinstall and make the changes)

Obsidian- I couldn’t get 1.64 to work at all, but now that 1.4 and 1.5 are working I might give it another shot. I got hung up at the deciding the correct directories at the very beginning of the game.