GTK Radiant 1.4 Start-up bug

(qlamenx) #1

Hello all,

I’m new here and actually it’s only for one question because I created some maps already for ‘SoF II - Double Helix’ so I know many things already. Though there is one thing what really annoys me and it even gets me stuck.

If I start up the GTK-Radiant 1.4.0 version it shows me the logo like normally before but once the window appears the sub-windows are white or sometimes black. Sometimes one sub-window works but doesn’t ‘update’ when I scroll down or move. It happends all the time when I start up. When I could still create maps I had this sometimes too, like 4 or 5 times per start up but after then it was good to use. I didn’t uninstall or install it after it, had it all the time on my PC. Further I installed a new graphic card (GeForce GTS 250), but I can’t imagine it’s that though since I bought it (yesterday) the map I was busy on (the day before I bought the graphic card) is impossible to open since this start up bug.

I’ll show you some screenshots:

My folder:

And the bug how it looks when I start up:

Some details if you guys want to know:

• Windows VISTA
  • GeForce GTS 250 (before GeForce 8600 GS)
  • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU - E4500 @ 2,20 GHz 2,20 GHz
  • 4 GB RAM

(If you need more details let me know by replying)

Thanks a lot for your time guys if you read this :o

(kamikazee) #2

Hmmm, while you are probably more familiar with GTKRadiant 1.4, could you try to install the newest GTKRadiant version? It’s at 1.5.x now.

Maybe there’s some bug in 1.4 which stops it from working on Vista.

(qlamenx) #3

I downloaded 1.5 also yesterday but also there the bug appears…

A screenshot of 1.5 version:

(merlin1991) #4

you’ve got to edit the settings of your gtkradiant.exe

on the layer kompatility you have to use

disable visual designs
disable dektop styling (dunno how it is called, i translated from german :D)

(qlamenx) #5

It works now to open finally:

I had to change my desktop colors from 32 bits to 16 bits. But now in version 1.4 I got too much FPS lag (if I open like only 4 heavy blocks the camera speed goes slower already…), in version 1.5 I don’t have it. But the problem is that there are black models if you don’t fix it (in 1.4 you can edit the command line in ‘Project settings’, in 1.5 it’s different). Someone knows how to fix the black models in version 1.5 of GTK Radiant in SOF2?

Thanks

(qlamenx) #6

[QUOTE=merlin1991;195116]you’ve got to edit the settings of your gtkradiant.exe

on the layer kompatility you have to use

disable visual designs
disable dektop styling (dunno how it is called, i translated from german :D)[/QUOTE]

Ah it works also this way, I had to disable both indeed, I tried first only ‘Disable visual designs’ and after that ‘Disable desktop styling’ or something like that.

Thanks a lot dude!

(qrst619) #7

Designed with many of the best features found on Spyder’s Jacket, this women’s Spyder jacket is a prime pick for those who don’t need a detachable hood because they already ski with a helmet (or a really cool embroidered ski beanie). Everyone likes Spyder’s new articulation pleats, a fashionable way to improve your mobility in the jacket through a functional design. If you’re a believer in getting what you paid for, this spyder jacket delivers on all counts with a quality construction and skiing-oriented features for big mountain destination resorts. If there’s a drawback to this jacket, it might be its popularity–check your size and order now.