GTK 1.5 q3map Error

(de1337ed) #1

Ok so i create maps for a game called Urban Terror. Recently my GTKRadiant will not let me Build my maps. So here’s the normal process i go thru. I also use Windows Vista and i have not had a problem till now. Been mapping for about a year.

Build a beta for my map
Go to build click any build to suite my needs for the beta testing
The Windows DOS Prompt comes up and its suppose to start the build process but it does nothing for a good 10 seconds then an error comes up.

the exact wording may be a little off but it basically says: Please make sure you are networkly connected to q3map, if not please disable bsp monitoring.

This has never came up till now and i didnt change anything (to my knowlegde) I am no longer able to build a map. I have reinstalled GTKRadiant but says same thing. I even tried deleting the registries. So im at a loss and i wanted to see if any of you may be able to help :D:stroggbanana:

(kamikazee) #2

Check your windows firewall settings - it is probably blocking Q3Map2.

You will have to add it as an exception to its default “block everything” rule.

(de1337ed) #3

hmm that would be strange since this has never happened to me before and i havent changed any firewall settings but its worth a shot. I do recall turning off the windows firewall tho.