gtk 1.4 and 1.5 won't compile suddenly

(ACROBAT) #1

I get the following error: Failed to execute the following command: “C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/q3map2” -v -connect 127.0.0.1:39000 -game jk2 -fs_basepath “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/” -meta “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/maps/e4test.map”

Here’s the whole log

"=== running BSP command ===
“C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/q3map2” -v -connect 127.0.0.1:39000 -game jk2 -fs_basepath “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/” -meta “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/maps/e4test.map”
Failed to execute the following command: “C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/q3map2” -v -connect 127.0.0.1:39000 -game jk2 -fs_basepath “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/” -meta “C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/maps/e4test.map”
Check that the file exists and that you don’t run out of system resources. "

Anyone know how to fix. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

(Loffy) #2

Hi! I’ve not compiled for JKII, just Q3 and W:ET. Do you compile from within radiant, or do you use a separate batch file (.bat)?

(ACROBAT) #3

From within them.

(ACROBAT) #4

OK I solved the prob kinda. 1.5 may have been not working for a few months and I just forgot about it. I have no idea why 1.4 stopped working but I was able to fix it. Uninstalling and reinstalling failed, but then I though maybe it was because I did not update the compiler by hand as I did before. This turned out to work

Szico’s old links as well as the ones on this website failed, but I found it here.

I just put it in the gtkradiant folder so there is now a "C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2\q3map2.exe.

Then I went into the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\scripts\default_proj

and replaced all words that had q3map2 with q3map2\q3map2 so it used my new folder that I put in the radiant file as its compiler.

Basically I just used a new compiler and it worked.

Not sure exactly what was going on.

(obsidian) #5

FWIW, some of the .dll files used by Q3Map2 in the stand-alone downloads and those packaged with GtkRadiant may differ causing errors. IMO, the built-in compile settings in GtkRadiant really suck to begin with so a .bat or front-end is really the best option to go for.

Why did you make another topic? I provided a link in the previous thread you made.

(ACROBAT) #6

o sorry. Somehow I forgot I made that. I was thinking I posted looking for that on map-craft for some reason.