Get Up augment makes no sense

(HadronZodiac) #1

It says 30% more hp given when revived, aka max health given would be 130 hp

Yet it still only gives 100hp…

(Press E) #2

100 XP, not HP.

Get up does give 130 HP for a full revive, but for whatever reason Xp is based on the amount of time charging and not the amount of health actually given. You just don’t get XP for that extra 30 HP.
It’s similar to how you can get 100 XP for reviving an 80 HP merc with a full charge, even though they only get 80 HP

(Ominous) #3

it gives an extra 30% health on revive allowing you to hold the revive button for a shorter period of time.

(Ominous) #4

i use this on all my medics. So i can drop health, jump into battle for a quick revive and jump out. Allowing them to get enough health to come back to where im holding. Its much safer for you as a medic when used this way

(Press E) #5

@Ominous_ said:
i use this on all my medics. So i can drop health, jump into battle for a quick revive and jump out. Allowing them to get enough health to come back to where im holding. Its much safer for you as a medic when used this way

Helps for mercs who don’t wanna get back into cover, which is pretty common. Sometimes I’ll even use myself as a shield while I give them a full charge

(K1X455) #6

It’s a bonus for Tap revivers and low tier-meh-dicks

(GatoCommodore) #7

it doesnt give you +30hp of overheal

(Ptiloui) #8

@GatoCommodore said:

Yeah, it’s 30 PERCENT bonus, not a flat +30hp. So a tap revive will give 39hp instead of 30hp, while a full charged will give 130hp. A half charged defib will give around 83hp, instead of 65hp.

In fact, it rewards way more medics that fully charged the defib than those that only tap revive. And it works the same way with Phoenix’s healing pulse and Potent packs augment.

To go back on the first subject, XP rewards count the percentage of defib charge when reviving, not the amount of health given.

(GatoCommodore) #9

@Ptiloui said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Yeah, it’s 30 PERCENT bonus, not a flat +30hp. So a tap revive will give 39hp instead of 30hp, while a full charged will give 130hp. A half charged defib will give around 83hp, instead of 65hp.

In fact, it rewards way more medics that fully charged the defib than those that only tap revive. And it works the same way with Phoenix’s healing pulse and Potent packs augment.

To go back on the first subject, XP rewards count the percentage of defib charge when reviving, not the amount of health given.

nonono…
what i meant is if the full health of a merc is 100 you wont get 130 if you fully revive him
it will still stuck on 100 because its not an overheal system like in TF2 for example.

(Ptiloui) #10

@GatoCommodore said:

@Ptiloui said:

@GatoCommodore said:

nonono…
what i meant is if the full health of a merc is 100 you wont get 130 if you fully revive him
it will still stuck on 100 because its not an overheal system like in TF2 for example.

Oh, sure. Well, hopefully there isn’t that kind of system here xD can’t imagine a Proxy with Try Hard augment and an overheal system xD

(GatoCommodore) #11

@Ptiloui said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Ptiloui said:

@GatoCommodore said:

nonono…

Oh, sure. Well, hopefully there isn’t that kind of system here xD can’t imagine a Proxy with Try Hard augment and an overheal system xD

i can already see it

(HadronZodiac) #12

I thought you got 100xp because the refibs gave 100 hp (aka same hp->exp system healing abilities have)

(HadronZodiac) #13

@STARRYSOCK said:
100 XP, not HP.

Get up does give 130 HP for a full revive, but for whatever reason Xp is based on the amount of time charging and not the amount of health actually given. You just don’t get XP for that extra 30 HP.
It’s similar to how you can get 100 XP for reviving an 80 HP merc with a full charge, even though they only get 80 HP
lmao ty, also thats actually pretty weird