Game unplayable due to severe FPS issue's

(LatencyRemix) #1

This ^ Anyone have any thought’s on how to fix it?

(Terminal_6) #2

This issue just started happening to me, no idea how to fix it.

I had it a few months ago as well, but it fixed itself randomly. I just stopped playing because realistically, I couldn’t. But this time is worse and I played a few games earlier today that were fine, then it all went to hell.

I have a R5 1600 Oc’d to 3.8 and a GTX 1060 6GB, so it’s probably not a CPU issue, but otherwise, i don’t know what to do.

(Noir) #3

(belstgut) #4

I believe that this is the same problem as this: http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/38563/high-frametimes-when-moving-mouse

(CaRe) #5

@Terminal_6 said:
This issue just started happening to me, no idea how to fix it.

I had it a few months ago as well, but it fixed itself randomly. I just stopped playing because realistically, I couldn’t. But this time is worse and I played a few games earlier today that were fine, then it all went to hell.

I have a R5 1600 Oc’d to 3.8 and a GTX 1060 6GB, so it’s probably not a CPU issue, but otherwise, i don’t know what to do.

I have a GTX 1060 6GB, too, and I suffer from the same problem.

I used the default config without success.
I reduced the amount of textures streamed in/out via “NumStreamedMips=0” in the texturegroups settings without success.
Alt-Tabbing out of the game might make the performance drop appear earlier. Update: It definetely makes the problem appear earlier. This also explains why my ranked games are pretty much all affected by this problem as I am tabbing out and into the game a lot during the matchmaking queue.

Win10’s resource monitor does not indicate any CPU bottleneck (so it is not hardware interrupts clogging the CPU. Win10’s resource monitor reports only up to 2% “Interrupts” for me with the % being based on 8 cpu threads without any kind of % spikes).

It happens constantly when it happens. It does not recover after a while. It is not related to any inputs (e.g. mouse movement).

My drivers, Win10 and programs are up to date. Win10’s game bar is disabled, so I assume game mode is disabled along with it.

The problem is potentially quite old. I have the hunch that I suppressed it via “texturepoolsize 0” in the past. I remember that I had performance drops when using the default poolsize after some maps. But I did not look into it further back then. At least that is not working anymore.

When the problem happens, the game does not recover from it (sometimes I play a match with it if is not stuttering too much, so it does not fix itself within 15 minutes).

When the problem happens, the “Draw” time in “Stats Unit” console command is constantly spiking. The game renders a few frames and then has a huge performance drop. That results in “playable” FPS amounts displayed, but the game stutters like crazy. The GPU time shows the same duration as the Draw time.

The console command “texturegroups” does not show any memory problem.

To fix the issue, the game needs to be restarted. (Sry ranked players that I have to destroy a match after a 15min queue because the game turned unplayable and ranked mode is not allowing me to restart the game to fix these issues.)

The issue can NOT be created by afk-ing in a local test map. I tested that a few months ago.

My DxDiag.txt.

HW Specs:

• cpu: Intel i7-7700k @ 4.7ghz
  • gpu: Inno3d GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming OC with slight overclocks (OCCT stable, so no lingering artifacts)
  • ram: 16GB RAM @ 15-17-17-38-584-1T with effectively 3332mhz
  • mainboard: Asus Prime Z270-A (current bios, current Intel Management Engine Interface bios)
  • keyboard: Logitech K800
  • mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 @ 1000hz polling rate
  • networking: ethernet cable connected to a router with cable internet connection. Only two devices are connected to the network (desktop computer + mobile phone).

Log generated by a session that killed the performance really quickly

Nvidia Control panel settings:
DB’s exe:

• max pre-rendered frames: 1
  • preferred refresh rate: highest available

If there are any commands, parameters or further information, that could help you find the issue, let me know.

edit:
I just had an occurrence that started when another window stole the focus throwing me out of the game. When I tabbed back into the game, the problem appeared during a running match while I was alive. So, it is either connected to tabbing in/out of the game or the texture streaming connected with it.

I should test this without ever tabbing out of the game to see if the problem still appears in that scenario…

I recorded a video of the problem including a “stat unitgraph”.

edit:
I just noticed that Nvidia GeForce Experience’s in-game UI disappears (e.g. FPS counter) when the performance drop occurs.

(K1X455) #6

Please contact me. I think this is a clear case of DPC/ISR stacking

(CaRe) #7

It looks like my issue disappeared after a clean driver installation without installing GeForce Experience. Maybe disabling its overlay would have been enough, though.