Game Freeze Crash

(Patches04) #1

I had previously posted about my game freezing following the Containment war update which I posted December 3rd

Reference:
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/21076/frozen-screen-game-crash#latest

As a quick recap, when the crash occurs my game freezes at whatever is displayed on screen. I cannot hit escape and I cannot close the program unless I use task manager. I have even waited until the end of a game (keeping track of time with a watch since the timer will obviously freeze as well) to see if it would send me back to the Lobby or Home screen but it does not. And this has happened in many situations; Shooting, reloading, repairing, even doing nothing and it will occur. There seems to be no specific trigger. It has only happened mid-game though and has never happened at a menu screen or home screen. Some things I have noticed is that when the game freezes, whatever audio was playing when the freeze occurred will be continuous. So If I am repairing and the game freezes, I will hear the repair noise indefinitely. This continual sound can apply to anything (shooting, turrets, mines) and it can apply to nothing as well; I have had the game freeze while no sound was playing and I was quite literally not giving any inputs. The one thing that I realized recently is that when the game freezes and the audio crashes, I can still hear mic chat. People can still converse and I can hear them but I cannot play and any new in-game sounds do not come through.

Sometimes I can play up to 3 hours and it wont happen (if I’m lucky) but other times I have played for one minute and it crashes.

I have updated my drivers and I have verified my game files and neither of those things have shown signs of helping.

The problems still apply and has made the game unplayable. I really like this game and I have dedicated a lot of time to it, but it is too frustrating when I start up the game three times in a row just to have it crash each time right of the bat. Please let me know what I can do or find a way to patch it.

PS sorry about my grammar couldn’t write too well because I am flustered :slight_smile:

(Bakk3s) #2

I have about the same issue sometimes, The game just freezes, and i just hear a repeat of the same gunshot or explosion over and over again. Then it cuts to my desktop, from which I can CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to taskmanager. From there I can close dirty bomb using the arrow keys because the mouse isn’t working, and then when i restart everything is fine.
One thing that does pop up in the notifications of windows 10. Is that my monitor driver stopped working (but my drivers are uptodate). I only have this problem with dirty bomb no other games, and it is very rare.

(Patches04) #3

An update to this:

In the most recent crash I was playing as usual. I ran over to an aura station with half health, but the station wouldn’t heal me and when I noticed it, the game crashed. Clearly this is an in game thing at this point. I don’t think that it is strictly due to healing stations but clearly something in game fails then my game crashes .

(Patches04) #4

[quote=“Bakk3s;131003”]I have about the same issue sometimes, The game just freezes, and i just hear a repeat of the same gunshot or explosion over and over again. Then it cuts to my desktop, from which I can CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to taskmanager. From there I can close dirty bomb using the arrow keys because the mouse isn’t working, and then when i restart everything is fine.
One thing that does pop up in the notifications of windows 10. Is that my monitor driver stopped working (but my drivers are uptodate). I only have this problem with dirty bomb no other games, and it is very rare.[/quote]

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one with this problem, however I have never had my drivers tell me that they failed. It just happens and it happens on its own.

(n-x) #5

Having the same problem too. Sometimes it doesnt happen for weeks and then I have it 2-3 times a day.

(joetjuhh) #6

Sorry for digging up this post, but I have exactly the same problem as the OP, and I haven’t found a solution yet. Is there any fix for this yet? It is pretty annoying to play a good game and then just losing your points. And it happens pretty often. Like more posters here, sometimes I can play for a few days without problem, and then it just happens a few times per day.

(everlovestruck) #7

Bump, I have pretty much the same as all above. Please make a 64bit version of the game…