Future Loadout Card System - Hinted by Shoe

(Xenithos) #1

! This post was made because a lot of the Dirty Bomb users I’ve come across are not the greatest at inferring things from the videos and statements made by Splash Damage. Some of this post IS speculation otherwise known as POSSIBLY wishful thinking. Feel free to share this post in reference to the upcoming news to our fellow players. With all that in mind let’s dig in.
In the most recent announcement, which is only reveal part 1 of the next five weeks for Dirty Bomb, Shoe said the following about only having ONE Obsidian loadout for Aimee:

(in reference to upcoming Femme Fatale Aimee covert ops Obsidian loadout) "When this hits the store you’ll be able to pick up the P81 Enhanced Sniper loadout card, featuring the PDP, Selbstadt .40, and Beckhill…

There’s only one Obsidian Loadout Operative available this time round, as we have greater plans for the Loadout Card System. Which would give you more flexibility and choice for your loadouts.

…BUT, more to come on that at a later time."

This is a word-for-word copy of what Shoe said. Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I believe this is something to actually be excited about. Why? Well It’s important to first note that he said Loadout Card System. Not Merc Decks System. He also stated that the upcoming changes would give us (the players) more flexibility and choice for our loadouts.

Now, this could mean a number of things, but I firmly believe this means that the mechanical side of loadout cards are getting a revamp! Specifically, augments and/or weapon choices are going to be changeable in the future for our Loadouts. And the skin itself of the loadout becomes the skin you will see on the base of the character. Such as you can equip that new obsidian Aimee, and her base skin will be applied. You can now select either weapons or a different loadout to ATTACH and use mechanically. You know, have a weapon besides the PDP, as in grandeur or FEL-9 in the case of Aimee. We’ll be able to individually choose weapons themselves OR make our own loadouts to fit our play style.

Personally, either road they choose to go down of the two above, attaching loadouts, or making your own loadouts, is a great huge step forward. But again, why?

See, either of these changes allows players more freedom in having the skin they want, with the loadout they want more easily. I’ve been pushing for something like this for forever and I’m personally super freaking pumped that Splash Damage is FINALLY moving in this direction. It’s about dang time. This ALSO fixes most of the problems with copies of old skins and cards. You will now be able to use that outdated gen 1 skin humble bundle Arty that looks super freaking tight with a gen 3 loadout. Best of all worlds.

Pros -

• Depending on the type of system, balancing may become a higher priority on the augment side of things. If they choose loadout card attachment style then this is a pro and won’t take THAT much time. I think.
  • HUGE fix to many problems that plague DB in consumer choice.
  • More money spent on the weapon cosmetic avenue by players, and less time spent on making custom weapon skins for Obsidian and other loadouts during events. They now get to divide the two, so you have to get the weapon skin you want, and the player skin you want to have a full loadout. This IS a good thing depending on how SD approaches this.
  • It removes TONS of Rng.
  • Player freedom is going to be huge, and balance will be able to more easily fit cosmetic choices of players as well. Likely result in more players being happy with SD and retaining the game and spending more as well.

Cons - BETA PROBLEMS xD

• Depending on the type of system, balancing may become a higher priority on the augment side of things. If they choose the custom loadout route. However, this also means even further freedom.
  • Older players that spent money are gonna get/feel Jipped no matter how this system is incorporated in SOME way. I see no way around it if someone had 7 different Containment War Skin Arties unless they allow you to refund or trade those skins away on a market later. Or at least unattach the weapon skins so you can use them on other characters. Which would be EXCEPTIONAL AWESOMENESS AND POINTS OF APPROVAL TO SD IF DONE! However since they are a business I don’t exactly see this coming. Also, BETA. However I personally feel this is a necessary change and applaud the choices SD makes if it fits what I’m believing I’m seeing.
  • Tons of resources and time will definitely be spent on implementing this successfully. Unless they’ve already completed it.
  • Depending on greed of implementation, this could end up killing Dirty Bomb.

That last point looks a little funny, right? Open the spoiler for my reasoning:

! Well, I began this post talking about what I believe and HOPE Splash Damage chooses to do. If they decide to make levels worth something, and that you unlock augments as you go, or gate power behind a paywall, this will be the last kick DB needs to become a dumpster game. However, I don’t think this is the case, as Splash Damage has so far in DB’s lifetime NEVER gated power and skill, and it’s against their very core beliefs. It just happens to still be a point that will make it up there and I felt like mentioning before someone else did.
! PS, that new Aimee is hawwwwwwwwt… My word…

What are your guy’s thoughts/hopes?

(Xenithos) #2

TL:DR -

Loadout Card system is getting MORE in future. It was hinted at by Shoe. Though exactly HOW has not been revealed. These are my thoughts above.
It will likely entail separation of an individual card’s cosmetics and it’s mechanics.

If I nailed this Splash Damage, I’m sorry for taking your reveal part 2 away from you. :slight_smile:

(ragnak) #3

I really hope we can actually pick our augments/weapons/skins after the changes. Current card system makes no sense in the long run to be honest.

The only way to add new guns to old mercs is by adding new generation cards. It takes development time, at some point we would probably have every possible combination, the RNG would be insane if mercs had like 5 or more main weapons making it almost impossible to craft the loadout you exactly want and so on. The whole system is very limiting for both devs and players.

Lets be honest, if every merc that have access to smg’s now could pick any smg and not just the one he is forced to use it would be amazing. Its not balance issue either, even if some weapon prove to be a problem on x merc you can either rebalance or just restrict said merc from using it.

At the very least i believe that loadouts will be split into skins and augments. With weapon skins right now its kinda pointless to have unique weapon skins on loadout cards (which is why i believe that they will split merc and weapon skins).

The system i want to see:

What you can pick in an order:
Merc>merc skin

.>weapon (if said merc can use smg he can pick any smg he wants)>weapon skin

.>secondary(same as main weapons, pick what you want as long as its in the same gun category)
.>secondary skin

.>meele>meele skin

.>augments (any of them unless those are merc specific or if there are some balance issue that need work in which 1 or 2 augments would be disabled for said merc)

.>trinkets

.>whatever the fuck SD decide to add next, since new loadout system would be a lot more elastic you could even add hats, cloaks or what the hell you want, unlike old system where you are limited with everything (okay things like hats or cloaks are probably impossible for many reasons but you get the point ;p ).

Aside from possibly fucking over “veterans” i just dont see how SD could lose on system like that. Now you can have merc cases, weapon cases, melee cases and whatever new cases you want, letting people sell/buy things on steam market. It would give players customization, there wouldnt be tons of clons running around like it is now and gambling addicts would probably keep SD afloat by themselves while people trying to support SD wouldnt feel as cheated because a) skins arent locked with gameplay elements b) you could drop price on skins since it would only be a skin for a merc model and not his gun (which would also make it okay for vets if they did get gold/cobalt/etc skins split into weapons/mercs skins, so they could sell unwanted part of the skin while keeping the one they like).

In the end i doubt that we are going to get this much freedom but it would open so many possibilities while making DB a lot fresher for veteran players :(.

(Your worst knifemare.) #4

Could be that paying a certain amount of credits, fragments, etc, theyll let you put a certain loadout skin on a loadouts you own.

(Xenithos) #5

@Lord_Coctus said:
Could be that paying a certain amount of credits, fragments, etc, theyll let you put a certain loadout skin on a loadouts you own.

That’s not the worst implementation of this either. :slight_smile:

(Nail) #6

what is happening was actually mentioned in the forums earlier, fortunately reading comprehension is sub Trump level around here so no one has a clue yet.

(Xenithos) #7

@Nail said:
what is happening was actually mentioned in the forums earlier, fortunately reading comprehension is sub Trump level around here so no one has a clue yet.

Guess I missed it. You mean fully mentioned already? Where was that at if you wouldn’t mind?
Edit: Strike that, you said “Fortunately” reading comprehension is [crap].
Gosh dang, I must have missed it…

(TheStrangerous) #8

The one undeniable fact will be for 110% sure:

Old vet players will get sucker punched… AGAIN! :slight_smile:

(Nail) #9

@ragnak quit being a dick

(Nail) #10

@TheStrangerous said:

gee, being the oldest veteran player I must disagree AGAIN

(Mc1412013) #11

I hope they revise the merc deck so i can pick the weapon i want to use. though they need to lock it down. As much as i would like to have a sniping phantom i dont think it will end well.
Also none of this $2.49 rng key required bulshit like with the weapons skins. I have 6 cases i cant open im not paying $9 to open 6 cases

(TheStrangerous) #12

@Nail said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Sure, Nail speak for the entirety of veteran players.
Cause every vet player combined together forms Nail, the great being of DB vets.
Like the Grand Elder Guru of Namekians.

(ragnak) #13

@Nail said:

Will stop as soon as you stop spamming and being a dick. You are toxic for years now.

(Nail) #14

@TheStrangerous said:

@Nail said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Cause every vet player combined together forms Nail, the great being of DB vets.

never said I spoke for anyone but myself, you’re being awfully defensive as well as wrong

(Nail) #15

@ragnak said:

@Nail said:

Will stop as soon as you stop spamming and being a dick. You are toxic for years now.

look up the forum definition of “spam”

and when the snowflakes stop covering the forum with whining crap I’ll stop pointing it out

(TheStrangerous) #16

@Nail said:

@TheStrangerous said:

@Nail said:

@TheStrangerous said:

never said I spoke for anyone but myself, you’re being awfully defensive as well as wrong

When I said “old vet players”, certainly I didn’t mean Nail among them. Nail belongs to “SD Fanboys With Corporate Stockholm Syndrome”. Keep on spreading that corporate apologist propaganda. Like the corporate slave you are.

(ragnak) #17

@Nail said:

and when the snowflakes stop covering the forum with whining crap I’ll stop pointing it out

The post i reported was definitely what i would consider spam. Added nothing to the discussion while insulting everyone involved, quality post there mate.

(Mc1412013) #18

Spam
/spæm/
noun

trademark a kind of tinned luncheon meat, made largely from pork

Oh wait u ment the other kind of spam. Lol

(GatoCommodore) #19

who will beat my 64 strong spam flag?!

Please quit the harassment and stop making a mess out of this thread, I’d rather not have this end in multiple warnings.