! This post was made because a lot of the Dirty Bomb users I’ve come across are not the greatest at inferring things from the videos and statements made by Splash Damage. Some of this post IS speculation otherwise known as POSSIBLY wishful thinking. Feel free to share this post in reference to the upcoming news to our fellow players. With all that in mind let’s dig in.
In the most recent announcement, which is only reveal part 1 of the next five weeks for Dirty Bomb, Shoe said the following about only having ONE Obsidian loadout for Aimee:
(in reference to upcoming Femme Fatale Aimee covert ops Obsidian loadout) "When this hits the store you’ll be able to pick up the P81 Enhanced Sniper loadout card, featuring the PDP, Selbstadt .40, and Beckhill…
There’s only one Obsidian Loadout Operative available this time round, as we have greater plans for the Loadout Card System. Which would give you more flexibility and choice for your loadouts.
…BUT, more to come on that at a later time."
This is a word-for-word copy of what Shoe said. Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I believe this is something to actually be excited about. Why? Well It’s important to first note that he said Loadout Card System. Not Merc Decks System. He also stated that the upcoming changes would give us (the players) more flexibility and choice for our loadouts.
Now, this could mean a number of things, but I firmly believe this means that the mechanical side of loadout cards are getting a revamp! Specifically, augments and/or weapon choices are going to be changeable in the future for our Loadouts. And the skin itself of the loadout becomes the skin you will see on the base of the character. Such as you can equip that new obsidian Aimee, and her base skin will be applied. You can now select either weapons or a different loadout to ATTACH and use mechanically. You know, have a weapon besides the PDP, as in grandeur or FEL-9 in the case of Aimee. We’ll be able to individually choose weapons themselves OR make our own loadouts to fit our play style.
Personally, either road they choose to go down of the two above, attaching loadouts, or making your own loadouts, is a great huge step forward. But again, why?
See, either of these changes allows players more freedom in having the skin they want, with the loadout they want more easily. I’ve been pushing for something like this for forever and I’m personally super freaking pumped that Splash Damage is FINALLY moving in this direction. It’s about dang time. This ALSO fixes most of the problems with copies of old skins and cards. You will now be able to use that outdated gen 1 skin humble bundle Arty that looks super freaking tight with a gen 3 loadout. Best of all worlds.
- Depending on the type of system, balancing may become a higher priority on the augment side of things. If they choose loadout card attachment style then this is a pro and won’t take THAT much time. I think.
- HUGE fix to many problems that plague DB in consumer choice.
- More money spent on the weapon cosmetic avenue by players, and less time spent on making custom weapon skins for Obsidian and other loadouts during events. They now get to divide the two, so you have to get the weapon skin you want, and the player skin you want to have a full loadout. This IS a good thing depending on how SD approaches this.
- It removes TONS of Rng.
- Player freedom is going to be huge, and balance will be able to more easily fit cosmetic choices of players as well. Likely result in more players being happy with SD and retaining the game and spending more as well.
Cons - BETA PROBLEMS xD
- Depending on the type of system, balancing may become a higher priority on the augment side of things. If they choose the custom loadout route. However, this also means even further freedom.
- Older players that spent money are gonna get/feel Jipped no matter how this system is incorporated in SOME way. I see no way around it if someone had 7 different Containment War Skin Arties unless they allow you to refund or trade those skins away on a market later. Or at least unattach the weapon skins so you can use them on other characters. Which would be EXCEPTIONAL AWESOMENESS AND POINTS OF APPROVAL TO SD IF DONE! However since they are a business I don’t exactly see this coming. Also, BETA. However I personally feel this is a necessary change and applaud the choices SD makes if it fits what I’m believing I’m seeing.
- Tons of resources and time will definitely be spent on implementing this successfully. Unless they’ve already completed it.
- Depending on greed of implementation, this could end up killing Dirty Bomb.
That last point looks a little funny, right? Open the spoiler for my reasoning:
! Well, I began this post talking about what I believe and HOPE Splash Damage chooses to do. If they decide to make levels worth something, and that you unlock augments as you go, or gate power behind a paywall, this will be the last kick DB needs to become a dumpster game. However, I don’t think this is the case, as Splash Damage has so far in DB’s lifetime NEVER gated power and skill, and it’s against their very core beliefs. It just happens to still be a point that will make it up there and I felt like mentioning before someone else did.
! PS, that new Aimee is hawwwwwwwwt… My word…
What are your guy’s thoughts/hopes?