Free rotation method

(Demonic_Muff1n) #1

so i was thinking for the free rotation the devs should put it up to a vote as to what the next group of mercs be for the next time rotation. Which ever top three mercs are voted for they will be on the next rotation. Although those 3 same mercs cannot be voted for the next rotation and will be removed from the next vote (i mean just imagine the players voting again and again for cancerous mercs like nader). Therefore they will have to choose another 3 mercs apart from the previous ones which have been removed.

And randomize the mercs in rotation for every player rather than turning it into a community event that leads to lobbies filled with the same ones in rotation. Also, exclude ones that are already owned by the users. That or scrap the entire model of rotation and allow daily/weekly renting of mercs for a small amount of $ or credits. You want to make money, right, SD? Get new players more exposed to the variety of mercs in this game by allowing more flexibility or ‘advertising’ of them. Someone that just picks up the game may really, really want to try Kira or whoever but they’re out of luck if she’s not in rotation and they see that big fat credit/time to earn cost. They may not stick around for a few more weeks hoping to try someone out that they’d probably end up liking right off the bat. Not worth their time, they think it’s P2W, and by the time the merc they wanted is around, they’ve already uninstalled and forgotten about DB. Having custom free roam maps to run around and experiment with different mercs could work, too.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #3

@Wintergreen said:
And randomize the mercs in rotation for every player rather than turning it into a community event that leads to lobbies filled with the same ones in rotation. Also, exclude ones that are already owned by the users. That or scrap the entire model of rotation and allow daily/weekly renting of mercs for a small amount of $ or credits. You want to make money, right, SD? Get new players more exposed to the variety of mercs in this game by allowing more flexibility or ‘advertising’ of them. Someone that just picks up the game may really, really want to try Kira or whoever but they’re out of luck if she’s not in rotation and they see that big fat credit/time to earn cost. They may not stick around for a few more weeks hoping to try someone out that they’d probably end up liking right off the bat. Not worth their time, they think it’s P2W, and by the time the merc they wanted is around, they’ve already uninstalled and forgotten about DB. Having custom free roam maps to run around and experiment with different mercs could work, too.

i do understand the idea you’ve proposed, so basically players can ‘rent’ mercs for a certain amount of time if they pay a certain amount of credits. actually seems like a great idea. also i understand the whole buying the merc problem where you buy the merc but then you end up not liking it. for example when i was going to buy thunder i thought he was a pretty decent merc but when i bought him he was really weak. Basically for my idea, lets say for one rotation you have stoker, fragger and guradian. Then on the next week’s vote stoker, fragger and guardian will be removed from the vote meaning you cant vote for these 3 mercs and you’ll have to vote for other mercs apart from them. Also once all the mercs have been removed and its down to the last 3 mercs the voting will reset and all mercs will be available for voting.