Bumping for people with 90fps.

c:…\WarChest\Dirty Bomb\Published\Content\ShooterGame\Config\ShooterE ngine.ini

bSmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=120
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=1XX
MinAllowableRefreshRate=120
MaxAllowableRefreshRate=120

(ImageOmega) #22

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;423088]Bumping for people with 90fps.

bSmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=120
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=1XX
MaxAllowableRefreshRate=120[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks for this.

(INF3RN0) #23

Bumping again for those wanting to increase the FPS cap.

(acutepuppy) #24

There is an unreal command that can drastically reduce or eliminate mouse lag for certain games. I’ve had some issues with editing the ini, but under dynamic lighting and decal settings “oneframethreadlag=false” can make a huge difference in input delay. I haven’t really had an issue in DB compared to some other UE3 games.

(mitsuhiko) #25

We already try pretty hard to get the input lag down as much as possible out of the box. The one thread frame lag for the renderer does not seem to matter much unless you have troubles hitting 60 fps.

(xarQi) #26

hmm i really need some help
i have like 20 FPS max!
While i have 8 gb RAM , Intel quad core 5 (3.10ghz)
AMD RADEON HD 7570
Can somebody help me thx?

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #27

Which model processor do you specifically have? Do you mean i5? Which model? It’s not an “M” version is it?
It should be shown in your dxdiag in the first bunch under Processor.

(xarQi) #28

Intel Core i5-3450 Proccesor(3.10GHZ, 6MB)

(Kendle) #29

This seems to make a big difference for me. I’ve enabled vsync and capped FPS at 60 for now, as I can’t maintain much higher than that (with graphics details on high) and this setting really makes a difference.

(acutepuppy) #30

I hear it’s a must-set for competitive play in other UE 3 games.

(Saemoth) #31

I’m new to the Alpha and just started the game, but very quickly noticed my FPS is EXREMELY low. Running the game at 10-15 fps is out of the question.

I’m running it on my laptop since my desktop is currently just a server.
But now I’m seriously considering installing it there instead, since that is more of a gaming machine.

But what really makes me wonder is this; I can run Assassins creed 3, Hitman Absolution och L4D2 (only games I tried on my laptop) perfectly on very high quality.

So, is it just because the alpha is poorly optimized at its current state?

System specs:
Geforce GT 650M
8GB Ram
Intel core i7 - 3612QM CPU @ 2.10Ghz

Thanks for any and all replies.

// Saemoth

(Mustang) #32

This is quite a large part of it to my knowledge.

(Saemoth) #33

Okey, thanks for your reply.
Just played Brink a little earlier since DB ran poorly, Brink worked just fine :slight_smile: Too bad no one plays it anymore =/

(Saemoth) #34

Oh and by the looks of it, you sir, have one monster of a machine you’re sitting on. Kudos.

(Mustang) #35

Haven’t actually bought any new hardware for this rig in 2 years, just shows you how consoles are dragging us PC gamers down.

Also what I haven’t let slip is the pathetic monitor I’m using and the annoying associated tearing it produces.

Please for the love of god will someone release a 27"+ 2560x1600 16:10 IPS 120Hz+, I would pay £600-£700 for it on any day of the week.

(acutepuppy) #36

I noticed! Good to note. The main time I was experiencing heavy mouse lag was in the menu, or with the scoreboard up due to the blur settings.

(Saemoth) #37

[QUOTE=Mustang;424742]Haven’t actually bought any new hardware for this rig in 2 years, just shows you how consoles are dragging us PC gamers down.

Also what I haven’t let slip is the pathetic monitor I’m using and the annoying associated tearing it produces.

Please for the love of god will someone release a 27"+ 2560x1600 16:10 IPS 120Hz+, I would pay £600-£700 for it on any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Oh okey.
Well yeah, for years I haven’t really seen a really good pc game that was also released for consoles…
Gets one thinking about the good old days.

Hehe, yeah I can relate to that. although for now I’m satisfied with most of my hardware.

(Anti) #38

Yes, we’ve not done much optimization at this stage, performance should improve quite a bit before open beta.

(Saemoth) #39

Okey, thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
We’ll patiently be wating!
Really looking forward to playing this game!

Peace,

//Saemoth

(spookify) #40

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;423088]Bumping for people with 90fps.

bSmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=120
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=1XX
MaxAllowableRefreshRate=120[/QUOTE]

This is great info! Made my game a lot smoother, however something is still up and things are not as smooth as they should be. Is there Anti Aliasing or anything else on by default in the CFG that would make me drop frames or tax my graphics cards? I have (2) GTX 580’s and I would think I should have no problem getting 200 FPS solid in this game… Black Ops 2 it never moves from 200 FPS…

Anything like Textures or depth bits or detail that can me turned off?