Forum Update Bug Report

(UJERebel) #1

Hey All,

First of all i would like to say congratz on this new superb look =)

But i read we could post some little things, do i go ahead:

The first thing i saw on the announcment, the awards next to badman’s profilepicture are sticking out of the profile column :s

Edit: Is there a way to check if you have any unread posts in a forum on the mainpage? As i follow 5 forums i think, and checking the times alwyas is a bit annoying ^^

Edit2: And i see ( in my signature) a quote has these quote marks opened but not closed?

Btw, the edit waithing thingie is a bit weird with the pencil flickering behind it?

Edit3: On the profile page, the visitor message icons ( spell check,…) are moved all over the page, :frowning: But this was fixed by refresh…

Edit4: Is it me, or do i nowhere see the icons showed in the icon legend on the main forum page bottom? :slight_smile:

Edit5:

Wolf: ET General Discussion
(16 Viewing)
General discussion forum for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Yanks Tanks Banks Krauts Goooooold!

The 16 Viewing is under the subscriptionj mark xD

phoeff :stuck_out_tongue: lots of edits, sorry guys ^^

I’ll check for some more later on :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Rebel

(Salteh) #2

Thanks!

Keep the comments coming, we’ll try and get most/all of these issues fixed tomorrow :wink:

(dazman76) #3

Has the timeout changed for login sessions? I read a PM, and wandered off to do that thing they call “work”. I then came back, typed up a reply, and was told I wasn’t logged in. I logged in as requested, but simply found myself on a blank white page. I went back until I was on the PM reply again, took a copy just in case, and submitted - since I’d just logged back in, it seemed fine and sent the PM.

I’m fairly sure I’ve done exactly these steps before, and didn’t have the timeout problem in the middle. It’s also the first time I’ve seen this blank white page after trying to log in, but that could be specific to the (read PM > session times out > submit reply > login again) scenario.

(Salteh) #4

Hmm, did you use the homepage (sd.com) or sd.com/forums to log in?

(badman) #5

Forums with unread posts in them will have an orange border around their icon. Forums with no new posts have a white border.

Thanks for the detailed write-up!

(dazman76) #6

I always use the address bar history when I can (Alt-D, “splas”, down+enter) - so it would have been the address for the Brink General forum, followed by clicking “OK, cancel” to read the PM in the same window. Since that happened, I’ve wandered off again and come back (viewing the forum thread list, rather than the PM page), and I haven’t been logged out this time. Weirdness! :slight_smile: I’ll try and test the exact steps again - I’ll visit the PM area, leave it there over lunch, and try replying to a PM as the first bit of activity after returning. I get the feeling something strange happened that was specifically related to the PM area, but it’s just a hunch :slight_smile:

(Salteh) #7

Thanks sir!

(light_sh4v0r) #8

The name on a profile page is in white which isn’t very clear on a white background :wink:

edit: just realised that this could be my personal ‘makeup’, let me have a look.
edit2: I can’t find how to change the colour scheme on your profile page anywhere, did you take that out? If so, please reset mine to default :wink:

(Salteh) #9

Fixed!
Not sure about changing colour schemes, we’ll have a look at that… at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

(light_sh4v0r) #10

Nice one.

(dazman76) #11

Mr Salteh, your feedback as requested :slight_smile:

It definitely seems to be something to do with the PM area - I left the browser viewing a PM over lunch, came back and typed up the reply, and submitted. Sure enough, it suggests I’m not logged in - so I do the deed, and after showing me the “thanks for logging in, dazman76” page, I then get the blank white page. The URL shown on that blank page is:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/private.php?do=insertpm&pmid=36731

I then went back 3 pages, submitted the reply again, and it’s sent it OK.

Something that might suggest related issues - my “sent items” folder is completely empty. While I’m used to seeing this on phpBB when the recipient hasn’t yet opened the PM (it’s in the Outbox effectively), I have replied to two PM’s already today, and they are not listed. I know they were sent, because the one I just replied to is part of that conversation. I see “sent items contains no messages”.

(dazman76) #12

Mr Salteh Mc. Saltness - it actually isn’t specific to PMs :slight_smile: I just tried to reply to the “20 years of ID” post, after being away from it for 1 hour+ - and I was logged out, and had to log back in to post. Naughty session timeout!

(UJERebel) #13

[QUOTE=badman;371962]Forums with unread posts in them will have an orange border around their icon. Forums with no new posts have a white border.

Thanks for the detailed write-up![/QUOTE]

Aah okidoki :slight_smile:

Thank you very much ^^

(Youre welcome!)

Edit: When i went to website suggestion and feedback, and pressed back, i couldnt find my post at the bottom of the thread, but back in the quick reply box? :s ( fixed after refresh)

And the quick navigation: now there is website… But when i click it, it still opens the thingie, so i have to scroll all the way down, could you guys possibly make double click open the showed item direcltly

Thanks.

(Wezelkrozum) #14

As a design rampager I have to note the following bug:

> & Last >> are one pixel lower than the other buttons.

I use firefox 6.
Sorry for my perfectionism…

(UJERebel) #15

[QUOTE=wezelkrozum;372210]As a design rampager I have to note the following bug:

> & Last >> are one pixel lower than the other buttons.

I use firefox 6.
Sorry for my perfectionism…[/QUOTE]

Hmm, in IE9, the first and previous are one pixel lower i think my eyes see xD and the last en next too like wessel

Edit: since i’m just awake, i pressed the reply to thread button instead of the post quick reply… Good that i got the message, stay on this page: Leave/stay… But i had to click stay 3 times in a row? :s

And even when browsing some next forums, i suddentky got this message, but the quick repley box was emtpy? am i going insane? ^^

(DarkangelUK) #16

An annoyance for me is when typing up a long post and you reach the end of the box, if a word hits the end and should jump to the next line, only the following letters do and not the word. I keep checking to make sure I didn’t hit the spacebar mid-word.

(Scrupus) #17

Thanks for fixing the awards bug for Opera users, looks good now :slight_smile:

I got a few suggestion, not really bugs and no biggies either, but post them here if it’s ok:

1. Would it be an idea to swap the position of the “Latest replies” and “Popular threads” on the front page, so the Lastes is on top? Would be nice for the forum whores I think cough, as you can quickly see what’s new when refreshing the front page, without scrolling. The popular threads tends to be more static.

2. I also miss the “goto last unread post” link in the latest replies box - it takes me to the first post. You know, the double blue arrows we see on other threads in the index.

3. Maybe it’s only my old eyes or my setup, but isn’t the text for the thread titles on the front page a bit tiny? I’ll attach a screenshot on how it looks on my pc, and suggest to up it a few points:

4. Ok not really related to the upgrade, but how about upping the PM post limit a little bit, like 200 PM’s or so. Guess your shiny new software and hardware should handle that without too much effort eh? :slight_smile:

All in all, the rest looks good to me after the upgrade :cool:. But haven’t tried a lot yet, will report if something else should pop up.

(UJERebel) #18

Use latest version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari along with JavaScript and the Flash plug-in for best viewing experience.

Why not IE, i am wondering? ^^

I see a perfect site with IE!?

Btw, it’s not very clear that when you click repley to thread, you have to type in the quick reply box :s

Edit, hmm after quick replying, i went to the normal reply page :s (after clicking leave this page quite a few times :s)

(Scrupus) #19

hmm, I might be overlooking something, but where exactly are the links to the main site, news etc now? All the home links goes to the forum? The only one I could find is the one in the bottom orange line (SplashDamage). Intentional or will it be added later?

(DarkangelUK) #20

Very good point. I used to click the Splash Damage logo on the main banner to get to the main page of the site, but it seems that just takes you to the main forum page now.