Forum / site bug reports

(Salteh) #1

Hi guys!

Please leave your forum / website bug reports below ;-).
We will attempt to fix problems as soon as possible.

Thanks!

(Paul) #2

Forum backgrounds from headers are not working anymore :frowning:

(LeGuellec) #3

I would like to complain, there is not enough tapir smileys.

(DarkangelUK) #4

No, there’s too many tapir related stuff!

(DarkangelUK) #5

Double post ftw!

1: Normally I would use the SD logo at the top left to get back out to the main front page, but it seems to just redirect to the forums as normal… am I mad and it was always like that?

2: the news release here, the text is rather large on my screen… same for anyone else?

(UJERebel) #6

The first smiley box is a bit stupid with the scrollbars :s

Right top: the notification is to high, only on hover is lines up with the rest.

Forum names don’t support all characters anymore? ([UJE]Rebel)

For the rest it’s nice :slight_smile:

(Salteh) #7

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;398065]Double post ftw!

1: Normally I would use the SD logo at the top left to get back out to the main front page, but it seems to just redirect to the forums as normal… am I mad and it was always like that?
[/quote]

Well… the main site is www.splashdamage.com OR www.warchestgames.com, depending on your point of entry. We’ll have a look at this and figure out a clever solution :).

2: the news release here, the text is rather large on my screen… same for anyone else?

Not seeing this myself - got a screenshot? :o

Your account has been converted to a Fireteam account. Because usernames need to be portable across all devices, some characters are no longer allowed. Your forum username has been updated/synchronised with the Fireteam data.

Whether or not you will be able to change your username in the future I do not know, that is for someone else to answer :wink:

(DarkangelUK) #8

May just be the PC i’m on, tried another machine with a couple of browsers and it’s fine on that so must by my work machine… stupid work machine ¬_¬

As for the logo one, if I click a SD logo i’d expect to go to a SD website :tongue:

(iDan) #9

Well I registered here in 2006, and the email address I used I lost around 1 - 2 years ago now. I had to receover it and it took me some time getting it back. I think you need to have a contact method so people can contact you and you change the email address on their profile here. Most people don’t keep an email with many 1337 and numbers in from when they were a teenager :P.

I tried to recover my registered email 2 months ago but was refused by Microsoft. LUCKILY, I remembered my friends email who was on there, and JUST got it back. Without this I would of lost all my private messages which were important as I would of needed a new account.

Maybe you should post that on the front page (an email to contact if old email not used).

I tried logging in with iDan and password, was then said email sent to (email account I registered with back in 2006).

(badman) #10

Thanks iDan, we are looking at a solution for this issue.

(ab) #11

fixed a problem with 2-character usernames
(Salteh, test user account)

(ailmanki) #12

With Opera I was able to login, but only the top part of the page (above the orange-yellow line) tells me I am logged in, while the forum itself - is not aware of it. (posting with this with firefox)

(Kl3ppy) #13

For me the autosign in isnt working. I always set the checkmark on remember me, but it doesnt remember. So i have to check in everytime.

(mitsuhiko) #14

Note that for security reasons (I know this sounds odd) the signin currently requires JavaScript to work.

(We don’t want to transmit the cookie from the encrypted connection to the unencrypted connection of the forums to protect your account)

(daz2007) #15

This is my account, but can’t access, as its sent the activation code to an email account that does not exist. :frowning:
http://forums.warchestgames.com/member.php/36225-Gir

I dont like my username on this account. :frowning:

(Gir) #16

fixed. no worrys

(DarkangelUK) #17

I had this problem, I’m assuming you go direct to the forums and login from there? If you go to the main www.splashdamage.com page and sign in at the top there, it should remember when you then navigate to the forums.

EDIT: Ok scratch that, came back on a fresh browser session and it logged me out. Using Chrome.

(Kl3ppy) #18

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;398127]
Using Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Me 2. Trying firefox now

Same problem with firefox.

(Salteh) #19

It seems the warchest cookie/session gets lost somewhere, this is what is causing the log offs :frowning:
(Arnout is looking into this)

(Destroy666) #20

Lay-out seems to be disorted in some places:

I use Google Chrome.

Also in one of threads I mentioned, I see that [color] BBcode doesn’t work, can’t remember if it worked before.
And I have disturbed the Forbidden Goat at http://www.splashdamage.com/search