Forum loads slow

(stealth6) #61

I saw them changing last night, it’s a stylish new look :smiley:

(light_sh4v0r) #62

Ah, that’s better :slight_smile:
Weird how it picked up just those 3.

(shagileo) #63

[quote=light_sh4v0r;324186]Not ontopic but not exactly worth a new one.
[/quote]

't is ok, this little topic is pleasure isle :cool:

New icon looks look really slick and cool, very nice

(kamikazee) #64

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;324186]Not ontopic but not exactly worth a new one.
Is this intentional?[/QUOTE]They did it to improve the forum’s rendering speed. Since your computer doesn’t have to render nice corners, you can browse the forum’s main page 5% faster!

Ok, that might not be how it works. Just looking for a reason.

(Rahabib) #65

thanks. tried that. even cleared my cache completely. tried all other browsers. Its just this site thats doing it. Perhaps its my ISPs routing to this website, but since its slow every day.

heres my ping from the terminal:

ping -c 4 www.splashdamage.com
PING www.splashdamage.com (94.198.81.67) 56(84) bytes of data.

www.splashdamage.com ping statistics —
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3004ms

I tried a traceroute but its appears the firewall is blocking it since everything is * * * without a response.

so yea, I guess If I am the only one having issues, then its my ISP routing. The bad thing is that I am using my work’s internet, so I guess theres nothing I can do but endure the long loading times.

(Dthy) #66

Weird, my pictures for the brink part are rounded, square, rounded, square

(light_sh4v0r) #67

Yeah, it needs to reload the read/unread things separately, I got a few rounded ones again :slight_smile:

(Nail) #68

on a slightly different note, this site changes now changes my resolution and totally screws up my desktop, makes it difficult at times (always)

(light_sh4v0r) #69

huh, the website changes your screen res? That’s something new :o

(Nail) #70

yeah, it doesn’t scale for some reason, have to set different res on monitor 2 to get screen to fit and then shift window to mon 2

(badman) #71

We’ve not changed anything that might cause that, so not sure what it is, Nail. :expressionless:

(Nail) #72

I think maybe I hit something on this stupid multi keyboard that did it, funny clearing cache didn’t fix it
I tried from one my other networks and all is fine from there, I’ll motor on, I set mon 2 to higher res and it’s usable

(shagileo) #73

Nail, are you sure it isn’t a faulty hard drive? I’ve heard these things are very fragile. If you like, I can always come and take a look

hehehehehehe

(Nail) #74

nothin Skidrow on this boy’s drives

(shagileo) #75

Are you sure? I can always use a spare 500 gig

(Nail) #76

I wiped it and gave it to his dad