Forum FAQ (and out of date rules) !

(Nail) #61

yep, different devices return different results, use Nexon Launcher to change each

(hyphe) #62

as weird as it may be, im down with being my name

(GildedDark) #63

Thank you much ^^

(vdll) #64

convincingMollusk sounds amazing tho :wink:

(Chirs) #65

Any chance I can get mine changed to Calico, please? Tried creating a new account to do it by changing my email address to an alternate one, but the database hasn’t wiped my previous email address from its records and keeps saying I’ve already got an account registered with Nexon under that email address.

Thanks in advance.

(insaneCylinder) #66

I think my name change reversed :S

(UNKR4UT) #67

mine too

(Nail) #68

you have to change it through the Nexon Launcher on all devices you use to log in

(MissMurder) #69

(Runeforce) #70

[quote=“MissMurder;287”]BADGES

FOUNDERS
You’re a founding member!

[/quote]

So how do I enable my founders badge? (Assuming it means a Founder or VIP of DB.)

(Nail) #71

you have to ask @MissMurder

mind you, Nexon awarded themselves founder status so it doesn’t really mean much anymore

(MissMurder) #72

@Nail I removed those badges off of everyone’s (Nexon folks) account a while ago- have you spotted anyone still having it? I don’t want those to lose meaning. I do have a list of the Founders @Runeforce so if you PM your info that you signed into the Founders program with I can verify and then award your badge.

(MissMurder) #73

Hello and Welcome to the Dirty Bomb forums!

To keep the forums a productive and positive place for all players to gather, please be sure to read and follow the rules below. So welcome and take this opportunity to read our forum policy. Enjoy your visit and remember to play dirty! :wink:

Account Creation

Forum ID

• Keep it clean. That means avoid the usage of profanity, suggestive language and behaviors, and impersonating Nexon representatives. This includes abbreviations, slang, and other bypasses.
  • You are allowed ONE forum account. This is to protect threads from being intentionally necro-bumping (bumping old threads), impersonations, and ban dodging.
  • Inappropriate forum IDs will result in a name change picked by the Community Manager.
  • Duplicate forum accounts will result in the account banned from the forums.

Account Trading

• Account trading is a violation of Nexon’s Terms of Use.
  • Threads asking for free or unused accounts will be deleted.
  • Intentionally sharing account information of your account or another’s user account will result in a permanent ban of the mentioned account.

Posting Rules and Regulations

Inappropriate Discussions/Abusive and Extreme Profanity

• Keep forum discussions pertaining to the game.
  • Controversial, illegal (pirating, drugs, other illicit etc.), adult (drinking, sexual activities and references) and Terms of Use-breaking (hacking, glitching, account trading, private servers, etc.) discussions are not allowed.
  • Excessive profanity and vulgar speech will not be tolerated.
  • There is a language filter on the forums and bypassing the filter with symbols, rearranged letters, or substitute words will be considered as profanity. Sure we all use strong words sometimes to make a point and that’s well in good- as long as it doesn’t get to the point of abuse.
  • Impersonating/attempting to pass off as of any Nexon representatives or other forum members will be punished by a permanent ban.

Harassment/Flaming/Trolling

• Inflammatory threads towards the game, the players, the company and its employees will not be tolerated.
  • Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on these forums.
  • Making racist, derogatory, threatening comments and/or direct attacks on other members will not tolerated.

Inappropriate Images

• Do not post images on the forums that can be insulting; promote adult behavior and activities; suggestive actions; violence; and/or ****ography.
  • Moderators have final say on if an image is deemed inappropriate.

Advertising/Malicious Links

• We do not allow the promotion of referral websites, phishing websites, or other malicious links.
  • This also includes threads that that intentionally promote (“advertise”) non-Nexon games. If you would like to share a fansite, please do not spam.

Spamming

• Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
  • Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed.
  • Intentionally necro-bumping will result in disciplinary action.

Behavior Towards Nexon

• You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon’s expense.
  • This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, “crusades” against Nexon, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
  • We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
  • Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one.

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)

• Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.

Opinions

• Opinions are welcomed. We expect you to respect the opinions of others, even if you do not agree with them.
  • Do not use conflicts you have with others forum members as discussion points.
  • If you have an opinion to share about Nexon games and its services, please post it constructively.

English

• All threads posted on the Nexon forums need to be written in English.
  • We understand English may not be the native language for some members but the game and the majority of the community are English speakers.
  • Please do your best to write coherently so readers can understand.
  • If you are having difficulty, you can use Google Translate or something similar to assist you.

Customer Support

Customer Support /Game Masters (GMs)

• The Nexon forums are not a channel to contact Customer Support or Game Masters.
  • Use the support system to file tickets if you require assistance regarding account and billing inquiries or issues.

Reporting Abuse
-To report abuse happening on the Nexon forums, on the right bottom corner of every post there is a Report abuse link.

• When clicked it opens a report form for you to fill in a subject and a quick summary of what the abuse is.
  • If you wish to report in-game abuse you must use the in-game report options, website options or the ticketing system.
  • The forums are not the channel for reporting players.
  • Reporting players through the forums can be seen as harassment as it can lead to disruptive, inflammatory behavior.

The Forum Rules of Conduct are enforced at the moderators’ discretion along with the appropriate course of action taken on abusers. Please note that there might be additional rules for the forum for each Nexon title that are not covered in this document. If you feel an unclear on the proper etiquette for a forum please ask the Community Manager for clarification. Excessive forum abuse may result in the termination of game accounts and potentially all associated accounts with it.

(watsyurdeal) #74

[/quote]

Was about to say, because I logged in on my flash drive I use for on the go and it was still the generated name.

I’ll have to find this launcher thing I guess.

(Ardez1) #75

As a headsup, if you sign in using the steam overlay browser it will revert back to the original pre-generated name. Happened to me once already.

(MissMurder) #76

Thank you! Also new devices will revert the name :frowning:

(Aazhyd) #77

Just downloaded the Nexon launcher and changed my name. Still works.

Forum name now matches in game name.

(DutchLM) #78

Changed it with Nexon launcher, still old name on forum ;-;

(titaniumCrouton) #79

Is it wrong…that I like my randomly assigned name?

(transferring) #80

Nah @titaniumCrouton the generator has come up with some pretty amazing names.