Forum chatbox

(dutchmeat) #1

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is appropiate for a company forum, however I always find chatboxes in a forum quite enjoyable. It’s also usefull when a member only has a short question about eg. a config variable from a game.

Obviously, you can only chat when you’re logged in.

Discuss :slight_smile:

(kamikazee) #2

Well, most old-school peeps around here happen to connect to irc://irc.quakenet.org and then join #splashdamage, #brink, #etqw and the like to ask their short questions there.

You can access it using QuakeNet’s webchat, so hop in and say hi.

(dutchmeat) #3

I’m not a real fan of IRC and I can imagine not alot people do.
Also, the chatbox on the ESForces forum has a history feature, so when you close the website, and come back a few minutes/ hours later you can view the message history, which is nice.

(Apples) #4

Can already smell the abuse ^^ but yeah I like teh chatboxes

(Nail) #5

Do you really want to sift through even more “Brink” moaning and bitching ?

(dutchmeat) #6

I’m not a brink fan, but if that happens, I’ll have some swift remarks on my sleave to silence them once and for all. no game deserves that.

(Indloon) #7

I agree with this forum suggestion.
Shoutbox could be nice,I’m also this one person who doesn’t use IRC,only then when I look wars.
I hope Badman or whoever has access to forum ACP,should try this idea:)

(Pegazus) #8

Shoutbox is indeed a great suggestion. I support this idea.

(Nail) #9

chatbox is a horrible suggestion, at least now I can just ignore the Brink forum, the chatbox would just be never ending Brink bitch and moan staring me in the face every time I log in

(UJERebel) #10

Chat box/ shout box for every forum part? ET, Brink,…

(dutchmeat) #11

Just because a chatbox is there, doesn’t mean you HAVE to watch it and reply.

(Nail) #12

who said anything about replying ?
what purpose would it serve ?
it would just be constant whine and and bitching about SD ripping people off, console players moaning about lousy connections and PC newbs with no idea how to setup their computers, who needs that?
we already have a forum full of that crap