Forum Change

(Justice) #1

This is probably not going to happen, but suggesting can’t do any harm.

I’m a addicted ET player and would love to see a official website for ET. My suggestion is changing the layout of this forum so it will be used by most ET players. With a little promoting in famous and official clans, this could work out to something.

Here’s a bit what I had in mind:

Brink

[INDENT]Etc.
Enemy Territory: Quake wars
Etc.
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Discussion forum
News
Clans & Servers
Editing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Tutorials
Support
Media (Artwork)
Offtopic (ET)
General SplashDamage Discussions
Introductions
Off-topic
Q3MAP2 Support
Community Quizzes
Xbox Live Community Leaderboard
Website Suggestions & Feedback
[/INDENT]

I kinda based it on the BFH forums. One community for the whole game brings people together and are more likely to keep playing. ET is getting fragmented, which is just a big waste.
I’ve never played Brink or Quake, so I do not know which forums are required… You could also say I’m too lazy to set up a suggestion for those :smiley:

But if everybody would take part in this, promoting this website in their own clans, communities, other communities, etc. this really could work out.

(shagileo) #2

Looks good, but creating one giant community page won’t really do the trick I’m afraid.
I mean, you can’t stop people from creating their own pages. I don’t think it would attract more people to these forums as it does now.

(Justice) #3

[QUOTE=shagileo;282446]Looks good, but creating one giant community page won’t really do the trick I’m afraid.
I mean, you can’t stop people from creating their own pages. I don’t think it would attract more people to these forums as it does now.[/QUOTE]

Others games do. People are both active on their clan’s forum and the official ones.

(UJERebel) #4

Looks good!!

definitely worth a try.

(Nail) #5

8 years after release seems a little late to start an “Official” site imho

(Justice) #6

So trying this can not do any harm. It could only go upstream.

(Nail) #7

good luck, I pretty much only keep our site open to mirror downloads for people here

(badman) #8

We’ve got some retooling coming up, but generally, we only create new sub-forums when there’s sufficient demand. Doing it the other way around leads to unnecessary fragmentation - you’re left with a bunch of barely used forums, which in turn discourages new members to join up and post in them.

Incidentally, on the subject of Wolf: ET news, if anyone has anything related to the game they’d like us to promote here on the site (tournaments, new mods, etc), please drop us a line at communitymanager@splashdamage.com.