For owners of 2.55 Servers

(Paul) #21

I’m also sorry to tell you punkbuster kicks for: protocol missmatch. So it don’t work on punkbuster server either

(IndyJones) #22

no offence, but that kind of things should be checked BEFORE the release.

(hellreturn) #23

Edit: Just update to 2.6b.

(system) #24

i got an idea and it might work …All admins / players update to 2.60
(thats the meaning of an update, to stay up to date…)

This is making stuff on ET more difficult…just update to f*cking 2.60…

(Paul) #25

@hellreturn:

We already figured that out, you have to clean install 2.55 and replace ET.exe for ETDED.exe.
Me and cambo tested it yesteday on a public server but punkbuster f*cks it up, so it doesn’t work yet :wink:

(zbzero) #26

i have tested with punkbuster enable and it works!! not have this issue in my testing server!!

(Berzerkr) #27

What exactly have you done?

(Paul) #28

You mean the server? Yes it runs with pb yes.

But in-game after a few minutes PB starts kicking people for the protocol mismatch error…

(hellreturn) #29

Edit: Same as above just updated your server to 2.6b.

(Paul) #30

WTF, but then you have a mp_bin.pk3 mismatch, what you actually should have done is install fresh copy of ET 2.55 and replace ET.exe for ETDED.exe

(Cambodunum) #31

equalone wrote …
wichtiges update:

die punkbuster kicks “protocol error” sind nun für die linux/windows binaries gefixt, somit funktioniert der patch 2.55+ mit punkbuster enabled

getestet mit jaymod 2.1.7
2.55+ windows/linux

feedbacks sind sehr willkommen, ob andere versionen/mods ebenfalls ohne probleme funktionieren.

wie gewohnt unter:
http://equalone.hn.vc/
erreichbar

equalone wrote …
important update:

punkbuster error “protocol error” fixed for the linux/windows binaries, so it should work with punkbuster now

tested with jaymod 2.1.7
2.55+ windows/linux

feedback is welcome

take a look for the new binaries at:
http://equalone.hn.vc/

ive tested it with a 2.55 installation (client) and it seems punkbuster is fine with it (etmain) … when ive tried to connect with 2.60b (client) then it already says “cant load official …” … so i will go ahead with my testings later

greetz Cambo

(Paul) #32

Well you are right, but after 1 or 2 matches it starts again, I also first thougth it worked but later it seems not.

And cambo, can u contact me already?

(Cambodunum) #33

Well you are right, but after 1 or 2 matches it starts again, I also first thougth it worked but later it seems not.

… so does this mean punkbuster kicks like before ?(… just a little bit later? xD)

And cambo, can u contact me already?

… ive been online yesterday (xfire)
… but then youve disconnected
… gonna write you a mail cuz i think im not online today/tomorrow

greetz Cambo

(Paul) #34

Yep :frowning:

I was to school in the morning, i was online from 5 to around 7 i guess. But anyway a mail is good =)

(evil-uwe) #35

Hello,
first I must say, I have no knowledge about Programming and such things.

I see that the staatsschutz-server work with 2.55 and 2.60b client.
Someone say the ETc-server work with all clients. I haven’t tested it.
The same with the half from the Fearless-Assassins-server.
They named it ET-Multi-Client-Version.

I do not believe that they give the EXE the community,
but is it not possible to ask these guys for tips/help or so?

Greetings Evil-Uwe

(Paul) #36

I just spoke to F|A leader and they already took it off. It kicked randomly after ~1 hour sometimes so.
And on the other server you mentioned PUNKBUSTER IS OFF!
IT"S JUST NOT GOING TO WORK!

(evil-uwe) #37

Hi Paul/Scary,

what do you mean with “took it off” and PUNKBUSTER IS OFF"???

Punkbuster is on F|A, ETc and Staatsschutz activated. PB on is always good :slight_smile:

The T.C.-Servers are now patched and joinable with 2.60 and so.

I think I must take my time, patch ET to the *** 2.60b and try the Servers out.

Greets Evil-Uwe

(aloysius) #38

Hi evil and others. I visited server mentioned by you evil-uwe. I got this thread links from google.

I found something very interesting and it proves what Paul said.

Here are some screenshot of ETc| server. It’s same with T.C. They don’t run punkbuster.

I was able to play with Punkbuster client disabled. That means they don’t run punkbuster. You can never play on PB server with PB client disabled.

It only shows in master list they are running punkbuster but actually they are not.

I even tried to use old AIMBOT and it worked :smiley:

So, you can play with any aimbot on their server without fear of getting busted jaja. And now I know how their clan members get good rating on splatterladder while playing on their server. :frowning:

I tried F|A and got instantly kicked since it has PB enabled.

(system) #39

[quote=evil-uwe;198089]Hello,
first I must say, I have no knowledge about Programming and such things.

I see that the staatsschutz-server work with 2.55 and 2.60b client.
Someone say the ETc-server work with all clients. I haven’t tested it.
The same with the half from the Fearless-Assassins-server.
They named it ET-Multi-Client-Version.

I do not believe that they give the EXE the community,
but is it not possible to ask these guys for tips/help or so?

Greetings Evil-Uwe[/quote]
Yes our server runs with all versions, the 2.55 whatever patch is just a big ripoff :stuck_out_tongue:
If ETC is claiming they run all versions, it may work, did not test it.
but believe me, its just a nice rip :stuck_out_tongue: , but i dont care and our server really run all versions, good huh :wink:

(evil-uwe) #40

Hi Aloysius, hi all,

this is a good idea to disable Punkbuster on client side.
I tested it, but on ET-Version 2.60b this does not work.
When I’m online, I get always the Message: “Disable Failed, try again later”.
When I start ET, with or without a Mod, make pb_cl_disable in the console, I cannot connect to the Servers.
When I connect to my Desktop-Windows-Server with the 2.55+ EXE, I get leastwise a message, that I must enable Punkbuster.
I do not know, if this with the BOT is a “good” method.
I try to disable PB on ET 2.55 later.

How I announced, I have updated to 2.60b. I play many hours on four Servers with a modified Server-EXE (1x ETc, 1x T.C., 1x F|A, 1x Armia). I get only one time a problem in the game, because the Server was down for a short time.
I haven’t any problems to play on so servers. No kick, error messages or something.
But the Servers are not in the 2.60b Serverlist. PB is on, in my opinion, but some have no
recallable Cvar-values, or it is not defined.

And idk if the servers running with the EqualOne’s 2.55+ EXE.

In the serverbrowser “Game Scanner” I will look for other servers with 2.55+ or so.

Dutchman, which name or IP have your Server?

Greets Evil-Uwe

P.s.: I exclude the Staatsschutz-server from my testing. I think they go an other way. They have for different ET-Versions a different Server-Port. And they have fake Servers in the Masterlist. I mean the high slot Servers, where exists only a few minutes and are always full with a good XP allocation per player.
Not fine :frowning: