Fletcher, the worst engineer now

(ToAsToS) #1

I read the update on what they did to Fletcher, I honestly like fact that hes stickies have a longer cool down, but now I only do 90 damage when I stick someone.

Why on earth did he get dumbed down so much? He can’t even kill a Phoenix with a well aimed sticky, he can only kill mercs with 90 or 80 health, and that’s insane giving the fact that those mercs move at the top speed in dirty bomb and he has to get that perfectly aimed sticky to kill them.
Fletcher is a close range merc who yes can use shotguns, but if you use the Blishlock with him you’re F**ked.
he feels so under powered now that there is no point in using him at all.
I have a year 1 cobalt bl32 standard operative for him and now if I choose to use this amazing loadout it feels like i’m at such a disadvantage.
It’s crazy to me that proxy can throw her mine into a group of people and shoot it killing all of them and that’s balance, but when Fletcher throws well aimed sticky at a Phoenix and kills him and only him, its over powered,.
I get Fletcher was a little to strong and need a little fix, but the update said this was to try and make Fletcher less spammy with the stickies, wouldn’t making his stickies do less damage just make me want to spam more of them to try and kill the guy i’m after?

maybe instead of lowering the damage (when stuck to someone) you lower the damage to like 70 when not stuck but keep the 100 when stuck, and increasing the cool down more, or just making the direct hit damage 20 or 22 I feel like that would stop the spam in a better way that dons’t make Fletcher useless.

(LEWD) #2

you act like sticking someone is a technique that should be honored to the highest calibur for how much skill it takes, no, at best you’re just slightly leading a target. Stick someone and you can easily mop them up with your primary or secondary. Having fletchers jumping around as if springboards were attached to the walls and dying from one sticky is why im glad he got nerfed

(Eox) #3

Dude what ? He’s still the best engineer by far just because he has an ability that can be used offensively easly. You’re making this thread just because you can’t one shot Phoenix anymore ? That’s just a single merc among 20. You can still one shot all other squishies and get rid of more than half of any other merc’s hp with a simple direct hit.

And Blishlok is fine. It gives you a ranged alternative to shotguns, which is incredibly welcomed considering how much range matters in this game. In competitions, most Fletchers will use Blishlok, and Blishlok is usually seen as a better weapon than shotguns (shotguns tends to cripple your range too much).

(SaulWolfden) #4

Fletcher is still actually the most OP engineer and should be nerfed to 100 HP so he actually finally has a downside. Presently he has the best killing ability because it has more range than Proxy’s mines, it is easier to set up than Bushwahcker’s turret, and his ability kills people unlike Turtle’s. He has the same exact HP as Turtle and Bushwhacker, but he moves faster. Bushwhacker (or balanced if you want to go that route) and Turtle are also both defensive, while Fletcher is offensive. Why does an offensive merc have the same HP as more defensive ones?

(GatoCommodore) #5

-i cant one hit kill phoenix anymore

lel

(LifeupOmega) #6

Wah I can’t free win 100% of the time any more how dare I have to use guns. I think a Proxy suicide mining is a valid counterpoint despite it being a dud pub strategy that is never used in comp games while Fletcher is pretty much a constant pick.

(Pumpkiller) #7

So, you feel like a 110 hp, stupidly agile one shot squishy master, shotgun using engineer is underpowered.

Given how other engies are supposed to work in this game, i’m surprised you’re even complaining that fletcher became almost a killable character. (Especially seeing you’re maining him)

I just feel like i took a bait post too seriously at this point.

(RectalTerror) #8

Wait, Fletcher HAS been nerfed? GOOD!

Fletcher has been a cheat piece since day one and you know it. It’s pretty much the only merc I fear in the game. I don’t use him only because its control scheme is rather weird compared to other mercs (except Sparks who’s weird too), otherwise I would.

Plus the damage of those stickies was totally unrelated to their size, so you were thinking no big deal, but they were like Proxy mines thrown in the air.

(bgyoshi) #10

Some day Fletcher will actually be a challenging class to play, I hope