Class - Assault
Quote - “These prehistoric mercenaries still using grenades”
Health - 140
Movement - 380

Primaries - SharC / Timik / BR16 /// Or maybe - Mk46 / K121 / SharC
Secondaries - S&W / DE50 / Simeon
Melees - Kukri / Tomahawk / Beckhill

Ability - PFC (PlasmicFlakCannon)

A large gun that fires highly explosive flak pellets, but with quite low damage. Perfect for flushing out enemies or taking out that low HP scrub easily. The gun has a battery system similar to sparks, but without a charge. Continuing to fire prevents the battery from charging, about a 1 second delay. The plasma flak that comes out actually curves similar to a grenade, but still explodes on contact like a rocket.

FlakBullet —
Damage - 25
DirectHitDamage - 50
ExplosionRadius - 3.8m
Firerate - 1 shot per second
“Power usage” - 25
PowerCapacity - 150

This was just a concept i was thinking of, go ahead and criticize or whatever lmao

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #2

Pretty cool idea, might wanna make him a little less tanky though. Seems like he’d basically be Javelin, but even more annoying to kill before getting solo-flakked.
I can just imagine all the Proxys getting salty for getting one-shotted by this thing lol.

(HadronZodiac) #3

I forgot to mention, the projectiles curve, similar to nades, but still explode on contact like javelin rockets

Also it cant one shot a proxy (as it only does 60 damage on a direct hit, not 90)

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #4

Well it does 60 then 30, so I figured it would be fast enough to be a oneshot. I dunno, maybe I misunderstood.

(HadronZodiac) #5

You did, its similar to a nader nade. If it directly hits, it will do ~90 damage, and the blast would still be normal.

And the fire rate is only 1.15 so basically .85 second delay between those shots

(ttk is .85 if you land at least one direct)

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #6

Ah ok, gotcha

(Press E) #7

It’s an interesting concept, but with all the explosive mercs we already have, especially nader and fletcher, it’s probably not the best idea.
In fact this sounds basically like a direct upgrade of nader. Better weapons, AoE, grenade capacity, cooldown, HP, weapons, grenades that explode on impact, etc. The only difference is the low AoE damage and longer rate of fire.
If nader didn’t exist though I’d say sure, with a few nerfs

EDIT: Also I might change the name. Having “Flakker” and “Fragger” in the same category of explosive assault mercs might confuse new players, who already have a lot of names to remember

(HadronZodiac) #8

Yeah I dont expect it to come out any time soon, cuz of what you just stated, However i would think it would be super cool if the devs at least considered something to this. I could give hime more nerfs so he isnt just upgraded nader (who is already pretty good).

EDITRESPONSE: I dont expect noobs to even consider buying this merc (as i would like for him to always be 50k for the way his ability works) So that shouldnt be too much of a concern

Ig you mean fighting him? But still noobs shouldnt even be in a match with a flakker unless free rotation

(Press E) #9

It’s gonna happen to matter how much you try to keep him away from new players lol. I mean, even without considering things like buying mercs with real money or even the starter packs, it’s not uncommon to save up to buy a fancy looking merc. The first merc I actually bought was Sparks back when she was still 50k credits, with no starterpack or anything.

Maybe in another game, but you’ll never be able to completely keep new players away from seeing him in game either. Even in fancier games with 10x DB’s playerbase flukes can still happen, and new players can still get paired with experienced ones, or at the very least players who’ve played enough matches to get 50k.

Besides, even if you could completely hide his existence from new players, they’re gonna find out eventually. And you might as well separate him from the two other explosive spam mercs who also have similar names, Fletcher and Fragger. Not like a different name would really ruin anything lol

(HadronZodiac) #10

Yeah i guess, but idk what to call him other than flakker (which already sounds pretty cool you have to admit)

What, something like pulser? idk XD

(Nail) #11

make him Australian and call him Bruce

(HadronZodiac) #12

I want a merc that isnt constantly from the same places, we already got australia, asia (ik its a continent), europe, america

Lets gets something new!

like mexico

(HadronZodiac) #13

Lol i updated the idea

(gets beaned for “bumping”)