[fixed] game won't launch on Windows 10 - error 30005

(neks) #1

I have near 700h of DB, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 (pro 64) and that’s when this problem started.

I’d launch the game, EasyAntiCheat splash screen shows up and loads and then nothing.
During this, Steam indicates Dirty Bomb is running then disappears.

Sometimes there are 2 processes that are stuck, EAC and Dirty Bomb, sometimes it’s EAC and EAC launcher (which seems to be wrapping DirtyBomb and a COM process)

If I repeatedly try to launch the game, I get a EAC error 3005 (I’ll add a screenshot when this happens again). If I reach that point I have to reboot because EAC is stuck on that error.

If I don’t reach that point sometimes the game will launch but it’s way too random at the moment. Last night it took me 30 minutes and a few reboots to successfully get into the game.

Similar posts about this:

Tried:
Running Steam as admin
Running DB as admin
Repairing EAC
Rebooting into Safe Mode with Network then back

Please update if you are at least investigating this issue

edit: fixed title - hopefully it will be helpful to someone

(rotermax1) #2

Well, it seems like I’m experiencing a similar issue.
I’m not experiencing this problem on a freshly installed version of Windows 10, but right after the update to Windows 10 Version 1709. Starting Dirty Bomb is beeing really inconsistend and if it starts it takes a really long time (even though the EAC process and Dirty Bomb process(es) are running just fine in the background, as they can be seen in the taskmanger). Would you mind checking what updates you got installed on your Windows 10, maybe we can figure out if this is a similarity.
Screenshot of the updates (sorry for it beeing in german)
Screenshot of Processes

Also trying to reproduce errors now. Going to contact DB support in the meantime, will keep you updated :wink:

(rotermax1) #3

It seems to be fixed for me now. What I did is make an exeption in my antivirus (Avast Free Antivirus) to not include my Dirty Bomb Folder (Like this)
After that Dirty Bomb started (with a lot of waiting time and lag, but it started), what I still don’t know is, if this is a permanent solution or just temporary.

Added to that I recieved an answer from support:

Support said:
Hello Max,

EAC would soon publish a new update probably to keep up with the recent Windows update. Please let me know if you can’t play the game after weekend.

You can also try contacting with EAC too.

Link: http://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/?lr=en-us

Dirty Bomb Support Team

Hello. :slight_smile:

This is what I found on this issue.

Navigate to

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Find the EasyAntiCheat file, delete it and then verify your game files.

(neks) #5

@rotermax1 said:
It seems to be fixed for me now. What I did is make an exeption in my antivirus (Avast Free Antivirus) to not include my Dirty Bomb Folder (Like this)
After that Dirty Bomb started (with a lot of waiting time and lag, but it started), what I still don’t know is, if this is a permanent solution or just temporary.

That’s funny because I did that to on my end before reading your message and it does seem to be better now (I have Avast too).

Monday Edit: I successfully launched the game a few more times. Seems this was the problem even if I don’t really explain it.

(neks) #6

@Kirays said:
Hello. :slight_smile:

This is what I found on this issue.

Navigate to

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Find the EasyAntiCheat file, delete it and then verify your game files.

I see no such file here unfortunately

(JonBongNoJovi) #7

Thx for the fix , since 2 updates ago starting the game has been like trying to start your petrol mower after its been stored for winter , had same troubles as previous people had , non since trying what was mentioned , many thanks.

(Skyler) #8

(reposted my own comment from another thread)

ive been having problems with dirty bomb not starting, windows 10, but i have figured out a way so far every day for the past week and half, able to get it started, first restart pc, (shouldnt have to restart, but makes sure everything is “freesh”) open steam, launch dirty bomb, then open task manager, find dirtybomb.exe, and end task, do not end task on eac (easyanticheat) then launch dirty bomb again, wait 10 seconds and launch again. usually 2-4 launches usually triggers the splash page for dirty bomb and loads the game. also to make a note, i do not own avast anti virus. (disabling my anti virus and firewall did not work for me), but im able to play the game the way i have listed above

(reposted my own comment from another thread)

if this helped anyone, im glad

(neks) #9

I had the same things happening to me and I thought well maybe I can live with that until it got worse and the game would no longer start. What happens if you try to keep launching the game without killing the process?

(Skyler) #10

@neks said:
I had the same things happening to me and I thought well maybe I can live with that until it got worse and the game would no longer start. What happens if you try to keep launching the game without killing the process?

if you dont kill the first dirty bomb process, they just build up , displaying multiple dirtybomb.exe 's in your task manager, which ive also tried, you can still just start closing them out and continue doing what was i listed above, just dont actually kill the process for the eac. if you kill the process for eac, then when you start dirty bomb you will receive the eac errors 32, 5 etc, which then you need to restart your pc, though i havent found a way around that issue besides restarting pc