Fixed Class outfit and colour Proposal

(Je T´aime) #21

Lol my resistence guy looks kinda feels like a security dude so i can shoot the enemy 1st while he thinks hmmm … my team or not at close distances :smiley: the freaky looking dudes are to obvious

(GreasedScotsman) #22

Guys, just change the color and alpha of the teammate name text and class icon. Problem (mostly) solved. I’ve also just learned the different looks of Sec vs Resist in terms of outfit, tho I do think teams could “standardize” and wouldn’t mind a forceEnemyClothing CVAR or something like that.

For me, teammates are green, 25% opacity. Enemies remain the normal color. However, setting the enemy colors seems to make them more vibrant on the map and enemy turrets seem easier to spot.

“# # # #” = “R G B Alpha”, where all numbers are decimals with a range of 0 to 1

For example, 0.5 for the Alpha # = 50% opacity. Therefore g_enemyColor “1 0 0 1” = enemy color of red with full opacity.

My g_friendlyColor is “0 1 0 .25”… makes spotting enemies in a crowd much, much easier.

Here’s the list. Color = radar blips and such. TextColor = chat color, etc. EnemyColor seems to not change for the over-the-head health bar and name but radar blips and such do change, I think.

g_friendlyColor “# # # #”
g_friendlyTextColor “# # # #”
g_friendlyBotColor “# # # #”

g_neutralColor “# # # #”
g_neutralTextColor “# # # #”

g_enemyColor “# # # #”
g_enemyTextColor “# # # #”

g_fireteamColor “# # # #”
g_fireteamLeaderColor “# # # #”

g_buddyColor “# # # #”

g_friendlyWeaponTintColor “# # # #”
g_neutralWeaponTintColor “# # # #”

(.Chris.) #23

They don’t solve the problem though, a bit of text and a 64*64 icon doesn’t help no matter what colour it is. They seemingly overlooked the issue of been able to readily spot teams apart and classes in favor of adding dressing up options. My signature makes my thoughts clear on this matter. :slight_smile:

The radar stuff is pretty useless anyway, it’s in the wrong location on the screen for a start and it doesn’t show the map. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Crytiqal) #24

I think the radar doesn’t show the map because the maps all are pretty elevated with different routes.
This would be difficult to display on a minimap.

(riptide) #25

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;338095]I think the radar doesn’t show the map because the maps all are pretty elevated with different routes.
This would be difficult to display on a minimap.[/QUOTE]

Games have addressed this for decades. You don’t have to show the map just the outlines. Then it’s just a matter of fading the icon if they are above or below your current level and being it’s most brightest and solid when you are on the same level as them.

(TheDuplex) #26

i like it how it is… BUT it would be great to see what class the enemy is… from FAR away.

(MorsTua) #27

the idea is cool
would be nice to have a button to chose those models in promod and own models in publics

(lobster) #28

I love the color separation between the two teams. It would make distinguishing enemies and teammates a lot easier.

(morguen87) #29

Awesome. I’ve been wanting something like this from day 1 but never saw this thread until now. This forum doesn’t get as much traffic as the Brink general discussion, I hope more people end up seeing this too.

(AmishWarMachine) #30

As stated in another thread in the General Discussion forum, I’m totally for a client-side option for forced class models.

You could even allow the client to customize what each class looks like for each faction. (What’s easily recognizable to one, might not be easily recognizable for another. Plus it maintains the personalization aspect of being able to customize).

It’s like win/win/win.