First Edition Week Update Release Notes - 2nd August, 2017

(Chris Mullins) #1

The results are in! With the Shell Shock Event ending today, Proxy’s new eye has been decided and Turtle will soon be getting to work. We’ve also got a new event for you to sink your teeth into, and the release of a long awaited trinket…

Proxy’s CoreSEC Cyber Eye

Today marks the end of the Shell Shock Event. Over the last three weeks, you’ve worked your way towards picking your favourite new skin for Proxy…

If you bought a Cyber Eye Event Case, Proxy’s Limited Edition Loadout Card will be with you next week.

We’re also making a visual change to better reflect Loadout Card release dates, giving all First Edition Proxy Loadouts her original, two-eyed look.

This means that Proxy will have a few visual variants in the game:

First Edition Loadout Cards: Original, two eyed Proxy

Second Edition Loadout Cards: Bandaged Proxy

Cyber Eye Limited Edition Loadout Cards (and Third Edition, on release): Cyber Eye Proxy

With the changes coming to Proxy’s First Edition Skin, we’re celebrating by launching ‘First Edition Week’ today.

First Edition Week

For the next week, you’ll have the chance to craft First or Second Edition Loadout Cards for any Merc.
This means that Loadout Cards with different augment sets, and Proxy’s original two-eyed look, will be available in all rarities, rather than just Bronze.

You’ll also be able to buy First Edition Cases and Case Bundles in the Store, to quickly bulk out your options.

First Edition Crafting Week starts today, so start stocking up on Fragments and Credits to Craft that original skin Proxy Cobalt!

• London (GMT, UTC): 11:00 Wednesday, August 2nd - 11:00 Thursday, August 10th
  • Los Angeles (PDT): 03:00 Wednesday, August 2nd - 03:00 Thursday, August 10th
  • Sydney (AEDT): 20:00 Wednesday, August 2nd - 20:00 Thursday, August 10th

Taco Trinket

It’s. Finally. Here. We promised you a Taco Trinket at 30,000 YouTube subscribers and we’re delighted to say that we’ve passed that magic mark.

From today until the 15th of August you’ll get the Taco Trinket for free when you load up Dirty Bomb. After that, it’ll cost you 15,000 credits.

Casual Matchmaking Tests

In last week’s Fine Tuning Update, we mentioned a lot of ‘under the hood’ work for the future release of Casual Matchmaking.

With some more tweaks introduced today, we’re in a position to start running live tests. Rather than running a full-scale worldwide test, we’ll be running several smaller, region specific tests to give us better quality data.

Over the next few weeks we’ll be running these tests, and announcing them on our Social Channels shortly before they go live. Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to stay in the loop.

If you experience issues when playing during a test, we’d love to hear from you. Simply click the ‘Report a bug’ button at the bottom of the Home Screen in-game, or leave your feedback on the Bug Megathreads on the Official Forums or Reddit.

But what is Casual Matchmaking?

In a nutshell, Casual Matchmaking is a system that gauges your skill level over time, to put you into matches that will give you the best possible experience.

Casual Matchmaking will be the future of Dirty Bomb, replacing ‘Quick Join’ as the way to find and join matches. It should both improve match balance, and allow you to Party Up with 1-5 of your friends.

Some of the changes we’ve made since the last test are -

• The addition of ‘back-filling’, allowing players that drop out of matches to be replaced.
  • A complete overhaul of the netcode and UI code, giving us flexibility with future functionality

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where the game could crash when using Arty’s Artillery Designator
  • Fixed bug where the game could crash if a player joined a server just as the match ended
  • Fixed bug where Phoenix’s Healing Pulse was missing effects
  • Fixed bug where players could get disconnected from a Ranked server
  • Fixed bug where enemy player names were visible in Ranked
  • Fixed bug where debug text was visible in Ranked lobbies
  • Fixed bug where players were unable to join password protected servers
  • Fixed bug where the ‘Disconnect’ and ‘Lock In’ button were out of place in lobbies
  • Fixed bug where clicking on the ‘Go to store’ button on Ranked Cases would highlight the wrong item
  • Fixed bug where Aimee’s default Loadout Card did not display her holding a gun
  • Fixed bug where the Gold Operative Case would appear as locked

Known Issues

• Special Edition Proxy Loadout Cards released before the introduction of Second Edition Loadout Cards still have her ‘bandaged’ look. In a future update, we’ll be changing these to her original, two eyed look.

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

(LifeupOmega) #2

So with CMM, I guess I’ll no longer be able to mass fill a server with people I actually know and play with and against them almost exclusively? Gotta fight a ton of sweaty sniper mains instead. Sounds dull.

Better be getting community-run servers at the same time.

(Faraleth) #3

@stayfreshshoe said:
We’re also making a visual change to better reflect Loadout Card release dates, giving all First Edition Proxy Loadouts her original, two-eyed look.

This means that Proxy will have a few visual variants in the game:

First Edition Loadout Cards: Original, two eyed Proxy

Second Edition Loadout Cards: Bandaged Proxy

Cyber Eye Limited Edition Loadout Cards (and Third Edition, on release): Cyber Eye Proxy

So sad - my Containment War skins still have eye second edition eye-patch, even though they are all first edition cards. Will this ever be changed, or will CW Proxy forever be stuck with her bandage? :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the “known issue” now. Happy that my CW Proxy’s will be getting her 2 eyes back :smiley:

(LIGHT_BAGHEERA) #4

finally they have fixed the healing pulse bug, thanks, and cant wait for the CMM test

(Wolven) #5

@LifeupOmega said:
So with CMM, I guess I’ll no longer be able to mass fill a server with people I actually know and play with and against them almost exclusively? Gotta fight a ton of sweaty sniper mains instead. Sounds dull.

Did you even watch the video? You can still use the server browser and/or you can make party with friends and use the CMM. It will work sort of like Ranked, but it’s casual.

You can also read the post by Exedore, which explains how CMM will work.

(SteelMailbox) #6

Now that we have a Taco trinket time to have Tacosplitter trinket.

CMM has been in the works for a very long time, hopefully we are reaching the final stages of it and if not well shit.

And why fix Aimee? I had a good laugh with her and her finger gun.

(Guziol) #7

Another week before i can open the proxy box? Goddamnit.

(Cletus_VanDamme) #8

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Fixed bug where the game could crash when using Arty’s Artillery Designator

YES!!!

(Alpacalypse) #9

Woo coreSEC! Also a nice touch with the first gen Proxy loadouts, here’s to the future!

~Raises Glass~

(Dr_Plantboss) #10

@LifeupOmega said:

You can make a custom match, if they leave that in. You just won’t get anything for playing.

(TheStrangerous) #11

Does it mean Gen 1 and Gen 2 Proxy cards are not canon?
Or did she create time paradox by meeting her future selves with past selves, with different stages of eye cosmetics?
Or did she create infinite number of timelines?
Why am I asking these questions?

(Guziol) #12

@TheStrangerous said:
Or did she create time paradox by meeting her future selves with past selves, with different stages of eye cosmetics?

This bothers you now but the fact that 5 proxies or 5 skyhammers can exist in a same server, does not?

(ThunderZsolt) #13

@TheStrangerous said:

Dunno man, how can you have up to 8 of the same mercs on both teams at the same time in the first place?

(TheStrangerous) #14

@Guziol said:

@TheStrangerous said:

This bothers you now but the fact that 5 proxies or 5 skyhammers can exist in a same server, does not?

Gameplay in video games is never canon. Cutscenes/cinematics/whatever creators say is canon. But the fact that Proxy can swap her living eyeball with cybernetic and reverse, is questionable…

(Tenee) #15

Can the casual match making put me in a friend in the same game but not on the same team? My friends like to play against each other just as much as we like to team up.

(BlackboltLW) #16

Tenee said:
Can the casual match making put me in a friend in the same game but not on the same team? My friends like to play against each other just as much as we like to team up.

Yes, but it’s purely random since it’s reliant on matchmaking and you can only party in the same team

Just play in pubs if you want to shoot the living shit out of your friend lmao

(Tenee) #17

Pubs is what I want. I want to group up and select a server and than just play as normal.

(Slime-Monster) #18

when can we get rid of special edition duplicates? it would really boost our fragments and it would sure be awesome since its the first edition event

(Reddeadcap) #19

Isn’t the Humble Bundle Proxy also a first edition skin?

Will That one have her with her eye back?

(DB Genome editor) #20

@Reddeadcap said:
Isn’t the Humble Bundle Proxy also a first edition skin?

Will That one have her with her eye back?
It is a 1st edition, so it should be getting the eye back eventually. It wasn’t mentioned in the release notes, but I expect this “known issue” also applies to her Beta Fighter Obsidian (another 1st edition card which currently still shows the bandaged eye)