Fine Tuning Update v48857 - 19/08/2015

(ragnak) #21

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;537240]I’m guessing the reason for it is the Crotzni is above all over SMG’s and there shouldn’t really be a ‘best’ weapon

As for making it ‘Brinkish’, that leads me to believe you didn’t play Brink or you don’t play DB, one of the two. Brinks spread and bloom was bloody massive, wayyyyyy higher than any SMG in this game.

Any way I’m a Hochfir man so I’m happy :D[/QUOTE]

You are aware that those chart are completly meaningless without any context behind it ? Not that i disagree that crotzni was at the top of the food chain but making reload longer, lowering rof or lowering magazine size would lower KPM on it without adding more rng. I played brink, no one will give me my time back and while its not this bad now, its pretty obvious that SD loves their spread nerfs so i wouldnt be suprised if we reached brink at some point.

(INF3RN0) #22

Crotzni stats were shown as too high at all skill levels I hope? The other smgs usually didn’t get a whole lot of playtime by capable players for popularity reasons, though I think I’d have much rather seen the other smgs buffed a bit instead as crotzni was deemed the most balanced against other weapon types. I’m sure it won’t be that bad still, like the last time people saw it as an opportunity to complain it became useless when it was obviously still fine.

(DarkangelUK) #23

hey I just posted the chart and my guess as to why they nerfed the gun based on it, I’m neither agreeing or disagreeing with the change as I don’t even use the gun. I don’t honestly think SD are that stupid to take the spread to Brink level, and I don’t think you believe they will either… but if they do then DB deserves to fail.

And just in case your mind tried to block out Brink in its entireity, here’s a video showing Brink’s spread in action… not even close to DB what so ever (that Tampa after the Carb-9… omg)

(Protekt1) #24

The whole “OMG BRINK SPREAD” stuff is clearly just hyperbole evident of someone who is really poor at arguing facts and rather appeal to emotion instead.

(Ceres) #25

Any news on the random kicks since the update?

(ragnak) #26

You dont need to refresh my memory, i remember brink too well and i will NEVER forget what SD did. I honestly belive that there are still people at SD that think brink wasnt a total failure and some still belive that gunplay wasnt one of the worse in history of gaming, as such i will whine about every spread increase, unless its really well deserved which isnt the case for crotzni.

(spookify) #27

I have noticed something as well but cant put my figure on it. Can you explain this in more detail or post a video?

(Kroad) #28

I personally don’t mind the crotzni spread increase all that much.

way the 3 sawbones smgs should be balanced imo are:

-blishlok: low RoF, high DPS (DPS slighly under current crotzni dps, maybe ~128)
-crotzni: low accuracy, high DPS (although i would rather see an increase to how quickly the spread increased rather than starting spread as this can be controlled)
-SMG-9: high accurcay and high RoF, low DPS - fine as is

less aimpunch good but not best, anticheat we will have to see but it’s good news at least, other changes seem good (although I am unsure about K121 buffs, K121 was already better gun than M4 imo but just had worse perks)

(Ceres) #29

I have noticed something as well but cant put my figure on it. Can you explain this in more detail or post a video?

^ I was referring to people getting kicked for some violations.

(spookify) #30

Oh I see. I have noticed odd view kicks, warping and something odd with my mouse… Plus some frame loss…

(DarkangelUK) #31

Definitely a lot of warping happening, major warping like oldskool massive packet loss Quake 3 warps. Also possibly in my head but felt like I was getting very slight slowdown in movement when getting shot? I get shot a lot so…

(Ceres) #32

That too but I really don’t enjoy being kicked by an anti cheat, no matter how early in the development process it is. I can just imagine it happening during a scrim…

(Anti) #33

Yes, we don’t balance based off of graphs like that one (which I would have thought was obvious but apparently not to all). Distributions and skill levels get looked at.

(Anti) #34

I’m sure people are monitoring the kick logs and investigating, but I’ll double check when I’m back in the office in the morning to make sure.

(BomBaKlaK) #35

really weird stuff happen when drop medi packs, ammo packs, mine, and deployable in général (said my mates cause I can’t play my kayboard and mouse work in menu and don’t work in-game …)

(Kroad) #36

so you don’t balance because of that graph… but you use it as an explanation?

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/45677-How-to-balance-Vassili-101-good-patch-notes-that-actually-make-senes?p=537259&viewfull=1#post537259 best post about this update, would be nice if you didn’t lock threads that people take the time to write long posts in. Pretty ironic that you also locked a thread called “Splash damage, any plans to talk to your top players?” because a top player used a couple words you didn’t like. newb and chicken’s posts were imo very good posts to base discussion off of, pretty hard to do when you lock the thread, really doesn’t make people want to give any more feedback.

(BomBaKlaK) #37

ok … I can’t play anymore …
in-game only 3 key works, F1 / F2 / F3 and I can’t spawn anymore … My mouse is not working at all so I can’t click mouse 2 to spawn … all is fine in the menu but Nothing in-game …
Try everything, clean instal, no modification etc … nothing works …

Best update ever …

(DarkangelUK) #38

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;537275]ok … I can’t play anymore …
in game only 3 key works, F1 / F2 / F3 and I can’t spawn anymore … My mouse is not working at all so I can’t click mouse 2 to spawn …
Try everything, clean instal, no modification etc … nothing works …

Best update ever …[/QUOTE]

Rebind your keys, they’ve been unbound, happened to me… and was the first thing I checked :wink:

(BomBaKlaK) #39

All my keys are bind in the menu, I can’t even open the menu in-game the escape key not working anymore … the only key working is the home key for console.
I deleted all my ini to let the game make new ones and nothing woks …
I will try another fresh instal again …

(spookify) #40

They are just not repeating them selves as to what they are using. As they have said 100 times they use many different things to come to a conclusion. I take it you dont like the Crotzni tweaks? I personally never really use that gun but apparently some people really really like it and it far and above more accurate then other guns. This is just a tiny little nerf also and probably no one will even notice…

[QUOTE=Kroad;537274]
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/45677-How-to-balance-Vassili-101-good-patch-notes-that-actually-make-senes?p=537259&viewfull=1#post537259 best post about this update, would be nice if you didn’t lock threads that people take the time to write long posts in. Pretty ironic that you also locked a thread called “Splash damage, any plans to talk to your top players?” because a top player used a couple words you didn’t like. newb and chicken’s posts were imo very good posts to base discussion off of, pretty hard to do when you lock the thread, really doesn’t make people want to give any more feedback.[/QUOTE]

IMO that is just a troll post… There are bigger issues from this patch to worry about but people are being to loud over these tiny little balance fixes to notice other problems! I like how Fubar broke everything down but didnt give any good information to back up his claims and it was basically all sarcastic responses…

I know many people right now that are working very hard comparing previous videos to this patch and coming up with some very detailed information as to what is all going on. People have also started very detailed bugs lists to help SD move forward.

Just because you are loud doesnt mean you are either right or everyone has to agree with you. This is still beta and there is a long way to go.