Fine Tuning Update Release Notes - 27th July, 2017


(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

This Fine Tuning Update contains a lot of under the hood work for Casual Matchmaking. Once we’ve added a few more additions in the next update, we’re planning to start running live Casual Matchmaking tests.

Along with this, we’ve made a few bug fixes across the board:

UI

  • We’re experimenting with the Merc Portrait arrangement in the UI. Expect more changes going forward as we continue to iterate on the menus.

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed bug where players were unable to complete the “Turtle Power” steam Achievement
  • Fixed bug where Skyhammer’s airstrike did not have an icon in in the kill notification popup
  • Fixed bug where Turtle’s portrait was missing from his Missions
  • Fixed bug where Shell Shock Elite Case B had an incorrect description
  • Fixed bug where Turtle’s name was not visible next to the buy button in the Store

Known Issues:

  • Enemy player names are no longer hidden in Ranked lobbies - This will be resolved in the next update
  • Players are reporting several major issues with Ranked Mode - We’re looking into these with an aim to fix them as soon as possible

Enjoy!
shoe.


(n-x) #2

Where is the fine tuning in this “Fine Tuning Update”?


(Chris Mullins) #3

@n-x said:
Where is the fine tuning in this “Fine Tuning Update”?

Bug fixes are fine tuning. You should be seeing a bit of a balance pass in August


(n-x) #4

Just kidding a bit. Nice to see CMM is getting along.


(kittz0r) #5

Sound Settings are being reset, not the end of the World but just annoying. Just to let People know :smiley:


(emjot) #6

Good job guys. It’s nice to see often updates and progress on Dirty Bomb. I hope some day you will release UE3 port to Linux platform.


(Blubehriluv) #7

Lovely.


(ThinkItsClose) #8

I would like to see a option that would allow all the merc portraits in the barracks to go back to normal, i just instinctively know where they all are… ahem, where they all were.


(TheStrangerous) #9

Perfect four of a kind in each 5 merc category.

Sadly it will only last for a year, ‘til Javelin will be squeezed either in Offence or Fire Support :’(

You best be havin’ 4 more new mercs, to fit each group.

Oh wait… Phantom’s a wild card, that joker. :stuck_out_tongue:


(Brycko) #10

I’m liking this…

Any idea when the balancing patch is going to drop?


(Chris Mullins) #11

@Brycko said:
I’m liking this…

Any idea when the balancing patch is going to drop?

We’re aiming for August


(SirOrionDrake) #12

@TheStrangerous said:
Perfect four of a kind in each 5 merc category.

Sadly it will only last for a year, ‘til Javelin will be squeezed either in Offence or Fire Support :’(

You best be havin’ 4 more new mercs, to fit each group.

Erm… I might be forgetting some one, and forgive me if I am… But with Kira, Skyhammer and Arty, we’ve only got 3 air support Mercs. Javelin would be the fourth one.


(HammerOfDawn21) #13

@SirOrionDrake said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Perfect four of a kind in each 5 merc category.

Sadly it will only last for a year, ‘til Javelin will be squeezed either in Offence or Fire Support :’(

You best be havin’ 4 more new mercs, to fit each group.

Erm… I might be forgetting some one, and forgive me if I am… But with Kira, Skyhammer and Arty, we’ve only got 3 air support Mercs. Javelin would be the fourth one.

You forgot the dude with gas mask.


(TheStrangerous) #14

By the way Recon =/= Sniper.
A merc needs spotting ability in any form, to be considered one.

Stoker is support, whether you like it or not, he’s the candyman.


(eyals1456) #15

@stayfreshshoe said:

@Brycko said:
I’m liking this…

Any idea when the balancing patch is going to drop?

We’re aiming for August

Will there ever be a trading system?


(giganizer) #16

Nice! Good to see CMM is approaching. I’m also happy to see the tests coming.
Also, is there anyway to get in to those closed tests? Like that Turtle and Vault gameplay we saw before the release. Is there a lot of those and is it possible to take part in them?


(KosiarZ) #17

Cmon add Taco trinket


(giganizer) #18

Erm… I might be forgetting some one, and forgive me if I am… But with Kira, Skyhammer and Arty, we’ve only got 3 air support Mercs. Javelin would be the fourth one.

Kira, Skyhammer and Arty belong in the Supports class with stoker. The only difference is that Stoker’s ability isn’t some kind of airstrike. IMO Stoker is more comparable to Fragger since the molotov and the frag grenade are both items aimed at dealing damage to personnel. But Stoker still gives ammo like the other supports and he can do quite some damage to objectives and destroy deployables.


(Kirays) #19

@giganizer said:
Nice! Good to see CMM is approaching. I’m also happy to see the tests coming.
Also, is there anyway to get in to those closed tests? Like that Turtle and Vault gameplay we saw before the release. Is there a lot of those and is it possible to take part in them?

You can not apply for the PTS. It’s like a you get invited type of thing.


(KeinBaum) #20

Enemy player names are no longer hidden in Ranked lobbies.

How? Just how did you manage to break this? Nothing in the patch notes suggests any changes to anything remotely connected to the ranked lobby.

Anyways, I’m glad that the CMM system is making progress. Although I am going to miss messing around on noob servers a little bit.