Few questions

(Victorianetza) #1

i have few question concerning mapping in Doom3 :wink: i have worked with the radiant for a year or so, so i know most of its functions, but d3 presents me some new features…

1. What should 1 .pk4 contain in order the map to function without any commands from the console?

2. Is it almost the same as editing Enemy Territory?

3. where i can find good tutorials? other then “simple, basic room”

4. @zombie: did u read any tutorials (not german) or u managed to learn the stuff without any help?

thats for now… hope someone answers :))

(Zombie13) #2

1: there is already info in this forum about making a pk4, I’ll find the link in a bit.

2: not quite a few different things here and there but basicly the same concept.

3: use google to find tutorials, do a lot of testing yourself, play around with the editor for a few solid hours to really own it.

4: yes I learnt most of it myself with some help from rgoer, RR2DO2, digibob and Birddawg about technical stuff that I didnt know what so ever. but its not hard to learn, if you play with it, change stuff look at id’s maps you can pick up pretty quickly.

Zombie

(Victorianetza) #3
  1. i searched, but couldnt find…

2. :slight_smile:

3. will try, hope will find something

4. hmm… can u explain some stuff to if i ask you?

(zig-zag) #4

Victorianetza, the sticky at the top points to doom3world, an excellent forum. There you can find tutorials (even vids!! :smiley: ) . The guys over there have been at it since the alpha leak and really know their stuff. Hope this helps.

direct link : http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/index.php?sid=10f67c8cf34db43d4036503c4915010d

(Victorianetza) #5

wOW! i looked over few threads… yeah i am sure that it will help a lot… tnx zig-zag :clap:

(Victorianetza) #6

how can i add particles in my map ? i saw there are steam, fire and other stuff ?

(Zombie13) #7

use a func_emiter to have particles, then in the entitiy window, click the particles button to select one.

Zombie

(Victorianetza) #8

tnx, i that was a big issue for me

(Victorianetza) #9

sorry for the n00b question but, how i can use the “Materials” section?

(Zombie13) #10

No thats fine, thats what the forums are for :slight_smile:

The materials section is basicly like a folder browser of materials, you find the folder you want to load and double click it to load that set, then you select what texture you want from the texture window. about as simple as that :slight_smile:

Zombie

(Victorianetza) #11

how can i make large pipes? like in the single-player levels?

(ordo) #12

To make pipes - http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/jo_pipecurve/ (basicly the same :slight_smile: )

Enjoy

Ordo

(Victorianetza) #13

tnx :smiley: